Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Re: Zach Randolph and Rudy Gay Can Not Coexist

Quote Originally Posted by Dasher
    That is more than a point per shot. That is actually solid production.
    I suppose it's not THAT bad but his efficiency is very subpar for a go to player. If you wan to say Zach is the go to player he's putting up only 17 ppg. Point is... Grizzlies still haven't sorted out who THE guy will be when the offense needs buckets down the stretch after 3 years together.

Sure in the regular season it can work great but in the playoffs it hurts teams. Need a closer.

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    I suppose it's not THAT bad but his efficiency is very subpar for a go to player. If you wan to say Zach is the go to player he's putting up only 17 ppg. Point is... Grizzlies still haven't sorted out who THE guy will be when the offense needs buckets down the stretch after 3 years together.

Sure in the regular season it can work great but in the playoffs it hurts teams. Need a closer.
    Rudy's shots are coming within 15 feet from the rim and almost all his 3 attempts have been wide open shots. He was in a slump, maybe last night he came out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. NBA
    Rudy's shots are coming within 15 feet from the rim and almost all his 3 attempts have been wide open shots. He was in a slump, maybe last night he came out of it.
    Then let's talk about it in 3 weeks when he's putting up 25 ppg on 45+ percent. Grizzlies are an all around great team, I don't see them as a team with two legit stars or go to players yet. They are closer to the Nuggets stylistically (but much better than Nuggets) than they are the Heat.

Their problem has never been putting up numbers. It's been about them not figuring out who is THE guy when it's time to run the offense through a player. Lebron and Wade figured out who was the top dog after a year, Memphis still hasn't in 3 or 4 years. They play like year 1 Lebron,and Wade where they take turns offensively. In otherwords they can co exist but come playoff time it will be a weakness again and it's not a very cohesive pair. Neither makes the other better and they don't feed off each other the way Zach and Marc do. Rudy should ideally be the 3rd option.
    Yeah this is true, not a serious issue when the team is cruising, but a big problem for the Grizzlies in crunch time with not a determined go-to guy. Id say Zach should be the one to take the last shot, since Rudy Gay aint really a superstar caliber player like Lebron, CP3 or Kobe.

Their problem has never been putting up numbers. It's been about them not figuring out who is THE guy when it's time to run the offense through a player. Lebron and Wade figured out who was the top dog after a year, Memphis still hasn't in 3 or 4 years. They play like year 1 Lebron,and Wade where they take turns offensively. In otherwords they can co exist but come playoff time it will be a weakness again and it's not a very cohesive pair. Neither makes the other better and they don't feed off each other the way Zach and Marc do. Rudy should ideally be the 3rd option.
    You really do just regurgitate whatever you hear in the media. First off, lets remember that one had a season ending injury half way into 2011, and the other was out for half of last season and not %100 all but 3 games of the 20 or so that he did play. They had large amount of time where they did not play with each other %100 You are someone who is always looking at advanced stats. Take a look at rudys clutch situations stats. If you are talking about with the game on the line with 5 seconds left, Rudy is taking the shot. Now if you are speaking of who is the guy in a longer stretch, it is all about match ups. People act like it is some horrible thing when you dont have one person labeled the absolute go to person under any condition. Sometimes Zach will be the one whos got it, sometimes it will be Rudy. Both have been "the man" before in their careers, so they understand the responsibility and what has to be done. But they just want to win. Zbo has taken a back seat to rudy and focusing on making the plays best for the team..

Next, what you are saying about not making each other better, what the **** are you talking about? Zbos rebounds dont contribute to Rudys scoring? Rudy stretching the floor doesnt help zbo in the paint? The grizzlies play team ball. There hasnt been a player play selfish a game this whole year. Please explain to me this lack of cohesion. A worse grizzlies team without Rudy Gay beat a spurs team that was better than the spurs team that swept you in the play offs last year. I know you like to belittle the grizz any chance you get, but try to give your own opinion instead of putting a bunch of quotes together from multiple peoples discussions on the Cant Coexist topic.

Lastly, who is the go to guy for the clippers? because it seems to me that Crawford has been the man. Are him and cp3 going to suffer in the playoffs because they are both able to take over a game?
    Last edited by ncrizzle; 11-16-2012 at 12:35 AM.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ncrizzle
    You really do just regurgitate whatever you hear in the media. First off, lets remember that one had a season ending injury half way into 2011, and the other was out for half of last season and not %100 all but 3 games of the 20 or so that he did play. They had large amount of time where they did not play with each other %100 You are someone who is always looking at advanced stats. Take a look at rudys clutch situations stats. If you are talking about with the game on the line with 5 seconds left, Rudy is taking the shot. Now if you are speaking of who is the guy in a longer stretch, it is all about match ups. People act like it is some horrible thing when you dont have one person labeled the absolute go to person under any condition. Sometimes Zach will be the one whos got it, sometimes it will be Rudy. Both have been "the man" before in their careers, so they understand the responsibility and what has to be done. But they just want to win. Zbo has taken a back seat to rudy and focusing on making the plays best for the team..

Next, what you are saying about not making each other better, what the **** are you talking about? Zbos rebounds dont contribute to Rudys scoring? Rudy stretching the floor doesnt help zbo in the paint? The grizzlies play team ball. There hasnt been a player play selfish a game this whole year. Please explain to me this lack of cohesion. A worse grizzlies team without Rudy Gay beat a spurs team that was better than the spurs team that swept you in the play offs last year. I know you like to belittle the grizz any chance you get, but try to give your own opinion instead of putting a bunch of quotes together from multiple peoples discussions on the Cant Coexist topic.

Lastly, who is the go to guy for the clippers? because it seems to me that Crawford has been the man. Are him and cp3 going to suffer in the playoffs because they are both able to take over a game?
    Crawford shoots like 34% on the playoffs

Then let's talk about it in 3 weeks when he's putting up 25 ppg on 45+ percent. Grizzlies are an all around great team, I don't see them as a team with two legit stars or go to players yet. They are closer to the Nuggets stylistically (but much better than Nuggets) than they are the Heat.
    You shouldnt see them as a team with two legit stars. They are a team with 3 legit stars. Not 3 superstars, but stars none the less. The miami heat are the fvcking miami heat. There are only 2 teams with two legit superstars and they are the heat and the lakers. Pretty high standard. But i understand why you hatin

He won't put up 25 points per game but Zbo and Rudy are capable of scoring when we needed most. Aside from last years playoffs, Rudy had been one of the best shot makers during crunch time. I know we do not have CP3 to isolate and destroy his man off the dribble. Aside from that, I don't think you can be that confdent in putting Blake on the block or Crawford isolating during crunch time. We have multiple options, Mike and Marc pick n roll, any of our front court players in the high post or low post, Rudy on the elbow. None of our players are as dominant as CP3 can be, but we have confidence that our front court can score with each others help. Now the league is still dictated by superstars and we have no clear superstar to counter yours. It's debatable but as a Memphis fan, I'm more confident CP3 can get a basket against us than vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    Yeah this is true, not a serious issue when the team is cruising, but a big problem for the Grizzlies in crunch time with not a determined go-to guy. Id say Zach should be the one to take the last shot, since Rudy Gay aint really a superstar caliber player like Lebron, CP3 or Kobe.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8yTXOi9LHk
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK7lIjFsGvg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttHBHC7BqTk
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhYpPiUE0Wk
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPZyqF41UIo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNjH-p-yhOA

Crawford, CP3 and Billups are all notorious closers who I'd prefer with the ball in their hands with the game on the line than Zbo or Gay. Doesn't mean they aren't great players just means neither have proven to be GO TO players consistently. Both can score like elite players but also disappear at times.

And? Every team has guys that have hit multiple game winners. Seems people think clutch= game winners but that's a small part of it.

Crawford, CP3 and Billups are all notorious closers who I'd prefer with the ball in their hands with the game on the line than Zbo or Gay. Doesn't mean they aren't great players just means neither have proven to be GO TO players consistently. Both can score like elite players but also disappear at times.
    Of course you do, those are 3 Clipper players and you are a Clipper fan

True. Right now there isnt any egos. But the next step to become a championship team is one player to be dominant every game. Rudy looks as if he is becoming that player and Zbo is cleaning up the glass to score easy buckets vs his post game. IMO, I think we can be similar to those pistons with better offense. The problem with that is it may not work in the Western conference.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. NBA
    True. Right now there isnt any egos. But the next step to become a championship team is one player to be dominant every game. Rudy looks as if he is becoming that player and Zbo is cleaning up the glass to score easy buckets vs his post game. IMO, I think we can be similar to those pistons with better offense. The problem with that is it may not work in the Western conference.
    Not to go off topic but you're the classiest, most unbiased Grizzlies fan I've seen on here, kudos. I think all teams in the finals need ONE player who emerges as the undisputed closer and who can be relied upon every game, not just every couple. The Heat in 2011 didn't have this figured out and it hurt them vs the Mavs in the finals. Yet we saw in 2012 when the Heat CLEARLY became Lebron's team he DOMINATED the playoffs and led them to the championship. Zach looked like that player in 2011 playoff run prior to his injury. Which is why I personally feel the Grizzlies offense should primarily be run through Zach+Marc who are the best bigman rotation in the NBA and unstoppable most of the time.

I was being serious earlier when I said Gay should be the Grizzlies 3rd option. Seems like when Randolph+Marc dominate, Grizzlies don't lose.

And? Every team has guys that have hit multiple game winners. Seems people think clutch= game winners but that's a small part of it.
    Jesus, both zbo and rudy have proved that they can be clutch and the #1 option. This is a great thing and will benefit them during the playoffs. Teams adjust from game to game in the playoffs. How can having two proven players who play a completely different style of ball be a bad thing? Troll or delusional. You are either one or the other