Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: Football/soccer all-time draft tournament(organized matchups)

Quote Originally Posted by Jasi
    I am very undecided between Wiggins and iamgine as I don't really like any of the two teams.
    Wiggins' offensive players are a bit ovverrated imo, and Ze Roberto is a wek selection, but his team has a really effective shape.
    iamgine has way better players but they will face problems protecting the flanks especially the right one. All in all I think I'll go with iamgine because his offense is deadly.

I vote kc16. Dunksby's German-oriented side does not really strike me, sorry. I don't see much playmaking and good flow while in possession. Pirri played the most important part of his career as a sweeper, Cantona is genious (and a headcase) but he played for himself.

On the other hand kc16's team is very solid like Mourinho likes.
    Laughable, I have the most unstoppable offensive threats, lol @ the idea that kuffour and Silva can do anything to stop my offense. On the other end my team would shutdown his strikers, my midfield is just overwhelming. I know you are an Italian and traditionally don't like Germans still I'm surprised. You probably are too busy with the other draft which is disappointing, it is obvious from your shallow analysis.
    All in all it's not even a fair matchup seeing how my team could just roll past his misshaped team.

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    Laughable, I have the most unstoppable offensive threats, lol @ the idea that kuffour and Silva can do anything to stop my offense. On the other end my team would shutdown his strikers, my midfield is just overwhelming. I know you are an Italian and traditionally don't like Germans still I'm surprised. You probably are too busy with the other draft which is disappointing, it is obvious from your shallow analysis.
    All in all it's not even a fair matchup seeing how my team could just roll past his misshaped team.
    On the contrary I like Germans and their football a lot.
    Nothing personal dude, c'mon.
    Breitner is the only guy who can create and it wasn't even his main job.
    Your FBs can attack but need to be served.
    Cantona is not a playmaker, let alone Klinsmann or Gerd Muller.
    You have a bunch of very good forwards but who will get the ball in their feet is what I am missing.

As for iamgine vs Wiggins, I'm leaning towards the former. His offense will be well orchestrated and fed through Rivera, Didi is playing a bit back but it wouldn't hinder his productivity much I guess. Busquets doesn't belong even on the bench with all-time greats that is his biggest weakness, still the team has a great pairing of CBs who could compensate. Wiggins' flanks are underwhelming IMO and would be rendered useless against the opponent. iamgine gets my vote.

On the contrary I like Germans and their football a lot.
    Nothing personal dude, c'mon.
    Breitner is the only guy who can create and it wasn't even his main job.
    Your FBs can attack but need to be served.
    Cantona is not a playmaker, let alone Klinsmann or Gerd Muller.
    You have a bunch of very good forwards but who will get the ball in their feet is what I am missing.
    Cantona is not my distributor, he is my X factor, Brietner, Tigana distribute the ball from midfield. Both great at disrupting and passing with creativity. I have Brehme and Vogts who can run up the field and send deadly crosses to feed my strikers. Chumpitaz is also a great passer and distributor, you think too positional which is far from how I see my team.

iamgine has probably the best attack in the draft.. probably? who am i kidding.. those 3 guys are all top 15 of all time... his midfield and defense seems good too even though i think he could have done better at GK and maybe even at DM ( i think if AW has any chance of winning its definitely here since he has vidal+matthaus)
    i think AW could have done better on the GK too, marcelo is questionable, DMs partnership is possibly the best in the game, romario is obviously one of the greatest scorers, but i feel ze roberto, raul and figo were all a bit overrated during their careers..
    im going with iamgine

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

I think you are really underrating my strikers as well my attack force. Don't get me wrong your defense is very good but to say you will shutdown Weah and Eusebio is a no sorry. 2 of the greatest strikers to ever play will get there chances plus with Riquelme, Okocha and Toure, all of which who can create opportunities as well as go through defenses and strike. I seriously don't think your team will shut down my strikers that easily let alone my attacking force from my midfield.

Banned

my problem with kc16's team is that i don't like 3 players: kuffour, jj and riquelme. although they are great i don't think they have a place in this draft considering better players didn't get picked ( hagi, first example which is way better than jay-jay okocha or riquelme. ) also i don't think they are mourinho type of players, who loves agile versatile players that can play at the both ends that have great stamina, high work rate and work ethic. also the right flank is dead, the 2 guys that i mentioned can't play near the touchline and puyol is unconvincing as a full back. eusebio and weah are similar but i think can play together, i like the idea, as i like the pairing of vieira and yaya toure.

i would like if dunksby can say more about the style of play his team will play. almost all of his players are considered all time greats, and all were at the top of the world at one point in their career. i like the idea with brehme and vogts as complete wing backs that love to attack and are still capable of doing their defensive duties. brehme scored for every team he played, and in todays game would probably be the best full back in the world with the possibility of playing as a left winger for some teams. he would have all day to go forward as the right flank is very weak for the opposition with help from brietner.

tigana a very intelligent midfielder will have to contribute greatly to both attacking ( arriving late into the box to get on the end of the crosses from brehme or being a threat from distance ) and defending ( protecting the line of kohler - chumpitaz )

dunksby is my pick.

Iamgine and Andre Wiggins both have nicely balanced teams. I like the vision Andre Wiggins drafted with, all players are very close to eachother respective to their positions. Krol and Kompany is a great defensive pairing for a possession team. At the end of the day I don't think either team has an obvious flaw for the other team to take advantage off, which makes me give Iamgine with his world beating front line the nod.

Dunksby and KC16 both have a similar flaw: both of them have an extremely weak right side during possession. I feel their opponents can mostly just collapse to the left flank defensively and largely neutralize the effectiveness of the offense. (I think KC16 could fix this a little by giving Okocha the space to roam the right flank)
    At the end of the day I'm giving this to KC16. Muller and Klinnsman would be a great pairing on a team that could give them the service, and in that light I think placing Cantona behind them and nobody to service them from the right side is poor tactical form. I think KC16's team is a better mix.

Btw, I keep hearing people say V
    Last edited by LJJ; 03-11-2014 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kc16
    I think you are really underrating my strikers as well my attack force. Don't get me wrong your defense is very good but to say you will shutdown Weah and Eusebio is a no sorry. 2 of the greatest strikers to ever play will get there chances plus with Riquelme, Okocha and Toure, all of which who can create opportunities as well as go through defenses and strike. I seriously don't think your team will shut down my strikers that easily let alone my attacking force from my midfield.
    By shutting down I don't mean turning them into spectators, but reducing their performance greatly. Honestly I don't think I'm being biased when I say Riquelme would be lost facing my defensive scheme considering I got Pirri, Brietner and Tigana there. Another matter is Kuffour at the heart of your defense while I have two all-time greats who were fantastic in air. Puyol at SB and Okocha are your other weak links.

[QUOTE=LJJ]Iamgine and Andre Wiggins both have nicely balanced teams. I like the vision Andre Wiggins drafted with, all players are very close to eachother respective to their positions. Krol and Kompany is a great defensive pairing for a possession team. At the end of the day I don't think either team has an obvious flaw for the other team to take advantage off, which makes me give Iamgine with his world beating front line the nod.

Dunksby and KC16 both have a similar flaw: both of them have an extremely weak right side during possession. I feel their opponents can mostly just collapse to the left flank defensively and largely neutralize the effectiveness of the offense. (I think KC16 could fix this a little by giving Okocha the space to roam the right flank)
    At the end of the day I'm giving this to KC16. Muller and Klinnsman would be a great pairing on a team that could give them the service, and in that light I think placing Cantona behind them and nobody to service them from the right side is poor tactical form. I think KC16's team is a better mix.

Btw, I keep hearing people say V

By shutting down I don't mean turning them into spectators, but reducing their performance greatly. Honestly I don't think I'm being biased when I say Riquelme would be lost facing my defensive scheme considering I got Pirri, Brietner and Tigana there. Another matter is Kuffour at the heart of your defense while I have two all-time greats who were fantastic in air. Puyol at SB and Okocha are your other weak links.
    This is actually true. If you manmark Riquelme you'll have done great part of the job. But it's not like Yaya and Vieira are Gattusos. If you think Breitner and Tigana can create, well so can those two.
    Plus, Eusebio and Weah are no Inzaghi or... Gerd Muller. I mean you can feed them with long balls or crosses and let them create for themselves by power&skills.

This is actually true. If you manmark Riquelme you'll have done great part of the job. But it's not like Yaya and Vieira are Gattusos. If you think Breitner and Tigana can create, well so can those two.
    Plus, Eusebio and Weah are no Inzaghi or... Gerd Muller. I mean you can feed them with long balls or crosses and let them create for themselves by power&skills.
    This is what happens when you do all-time great teams, no one is out completely, still I believe you underrate my creativity in midfield and as a whole. Call me biased or nostalgic but Yaya and to some extend Vieira are not really close to Brietner and Tigana when it comes to orchestrating offense. Come on now we are talking about Paul mother ****in Brietner

As I addressed it in a post to Jasi, Cantona is not my distributor, I got Brietner and Tigana to feed my offense from midfield and Brehme and Vogts to do it from the right. I also have Chumpitaz who was great at setting up attacks from deep friendly territory.

The arrows in my lineup show where my players cover on the pitch, those do not correspond to where they pass the ball.
    I know you don't use him as your distributor, but that doesn't mean it isn't a waste to have Cantona there in a free offensive role (one of the more mediocre players in the draft in that role at that) behind two strikers who are much better with a lot of support. I understand your tactics but I don't agree that they work well or that it's a team with good chemistry. Brehme, Breitner and Muller is one of the best left flank - striker units in the draft, the rest of your squad doesn't work as well for me.
    Last edited by LJJ; 03-11-2014 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    I know you don't use him as your distributor, but that doesn't mean it isn't a waste to have Cantona there in a free offensive role (one of the more mediocre players in the draft in that role at that) behind two strikers who are much better with a lot of support. I understand your tactics but I don't agree that they work well or that it's a team with good chemistry. Brehme, Breitner and Muller is one of the best left flank - striker units in the draft, the rest of your squad doesn't work as well for me.
    Cantona played behind forwards in Manchester and was effective so I don't see why you have such a big problem with it. Let's say Vogts is as useless as you say when it comes to passing and crossing, what I want out of him is an everlasting presence on offense with his stamina. Not every team has to have a super talented offensive RB to be successful, kc has Puyol on his right.

I have to split now, I hope those have gone AWOL return soon.