Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Default Re: If Republicans soften the immigration message, is it over for Democrats?

Quote Originally Posted by Math2
    But even if I did it wouldn't matter because my parents would have put themselves in a position where, if needed and if they wanted, they could help. It's not the government's responsibility to pay for me, it's mine, or my family, if they choose to do so.
    Why don't you consider your fellow American citizens as a sort of extended family? Wouldn't we all be better off if we did? If we all wanted to take care of each other and make sure everyone in our country is happy?

Default Re: If Republicans soften the immigration message, is it over for Democrats?

But even if I did it wouldn't matter because my parents would have put themselves in a position where, if needed and if they wanted, they could help. It's not the government's responsibility to pay for me, it's mine, or my family, if they choose to do so.
    You are pathetic. How old are you?

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Good for them and good for you but it means you do not have the moral high ground over welfare recipients. Just an easier application process.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    Why don't you consider your fellow American citizens as a sort of extended family? Wouldn't we all be better off if we did? If we all wanted to take care of each other and make sure everyone in our country is happy?
    No. Communism or whatever it is that you are proposing hasn't worked, and it won't work. If you decide to rely on your parents, then that's what you and your parents decided, it's not necessarily good for you as someone to sustain themselves, but that between you are your family. Forcing someone to give you money who has no vested interest in you is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Good for them and good for you but it means you do not have the moral high ground over welfare recipients. Just an easier application process.
    That's not what I'm arguing though. I'm saying that since your parents put themselves in a position to help you, they should be able to if they want to. It's NOT a responsible thing, though it is more responsible than relying on strangers to pay your bills.

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    You are pathetic. How old are you?
    I'm in high school, so I obviously do live off my parents for the time being.

No. Communism or whatever it is that you are proposing hasn't worked, and it won't work.
    Having an adequate safety net for those who fall on hard times is not Communism. It's common ****ing sense.

Forcing someone to give you money who has no vested interest in you is stupid.
    Trust me, we all have a vested interest in everyone. If we take away the only way a poor person has to feed his kids, he might just kill you in order to do it.

Having an adequate safety net for those who fall on hard times is not Communism. It's common ****ing sense.

Trust me, we all have a vested interest in everyone. If we take away the only way a poor person has to feed his kids, he might just kill you in order to do it.
    So we should have to pay for strangers food? Why?

If they kill someone, then they just go to jail. So what? Murders happen all the time.

I am loving this...

The guy doing the most ranting and raving is a little boy in high school living off mommy and daddy

This muthaf*cker is talking about takers and makers when he has yet to even be an adult... are you old enough even vote???

this is for deuce.... He blind called it

So we should have to pay for strangers food? Why?
    What if (not being a dick) your parents and your entire family and friends died and you had no money and no home. What would you do in this hypothetical situation? With no skills or training, you're looking at a close to minimum wage job, which isn't enough to support you in anything other than a studio apartment (if even that).

How do you even get that job? You don't have a phone. How do they call you back to schedule an interview? Wouldn't a little... assistance help get you on your feet?

If they kill someone, then they just go to jail. So what? Murders happen all the time.
    http://www.poverties.org/poverty-and-crime.html

The more people in poverty, the more crime there is. Money is better spend preventing poverty (by helping people through it via welfare, food stamps, WIC, "Obamaphones," etc.) than it is spent on police officers and prisons after the fact.

You want to save money and be more fiscally responsible as a country, right?

What if (not being a dick) your parents and your entire family and friends died and you had no money and no home. What would you do in this hypothetical situation? With no skills or training, you're looking at a close to minimum wage job, which isn't enough to support you in anything other than a studio apartment (if even that).

How do you even get that job? You don't have a phone. How do they call you back to schedule an interview? Wouldn't a little... assistance help get you on your feet?
    That's one issue I have with many conservatives. They seem to think if you are outside of their circle of family and friends then you can essentially go f*** yourself. To me it seems as if they fail to realize that we would be better off if we were in this together since we can all benefit down the line. It's like they operate on a very small, tribal mindset.

http://www.poverties.org/poverty-and-crime.html

The more people in poverty, the more crime there is. Money is better spend preventing poverty (by helping people through it via welfare, food stamps, WIC, "Obamaphones," etc.) than it is spent on police officers and prisons after the fact.

You want to save money and be more fiscally responsible as a country, right?
    First off, that's not a likely hypothetical situation. Secondly, that's not everyone else's fault. They shouldn't have to pay for me.

First off, that's not a likely hypothetical situation. Secondly, that's not everyone else's fault. They shouldn't have to pay for me.
    So, instead of answering, you say this. I'll ask again.

What would you do?

So, instead of answering, you say this. I'll ask again.

What would you do?
    Not apply for it, or accept it from the government. I shouldn't take other peoples money that they don't want to go to me. If they want to give to the poor, they should donate to charity. I would accept from charity because the money that goes there wasn't stolen from them.

Not apply for it, or accept it from the government. I shouldn't take other peoples money that they don't want to go to me. If they want to give to the poor, they should donate to charity. I would accept from charity because the money that goes there wasn't stolen from them.
    I see.

Ever drive on roads? Better not! Those roads were built using money that was STOLEN from MY POCKETS against MY WILL!

Attend public school? You better stop! Those school grounds and teachers were paid for with money STOLEN FROM ME!