Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast

Default Re: NBA has suspended Gilbert Arenas indefinitely until investigation ends

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy

Default Re: NBA has suspended Gilbert Arenas indefinitely until investigation ends

He should be suspended for severely or even BANNED from NBA to set example of consequences to discourage others from even thinking of doing that **** again.

I hope Javaris Crittenton sued Arenas azz off for tons of $.

Quote Originally Posted by kobesabi
    He should be suspended for severely or even BANNED from NBA to set example of consequences to discourage others from even thinking of doing that **** again.

I hope Javaris Crittenton sued Arenas azz off for tons of $.
    Banned? For real?

Even if he was, he would probably make 30 million a year playing for Olympiacos and live like a King.

NBA lottery pick Long Duck Dong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix18
    Banned? For real?

Even if he was, he would probably make 30 million a year playing for Olympiacos and live like a King.
    If he gets charged and convicted of a felony, he might not be able to get a visa to work overseas.

Quote Originally Posted by thejumpa
    No need to find the link. I believe I have seen that article and lot of it is true. Doesn't mean that it applies to everyone, though. Aside from Antoine Walker, who apparently really did have a gambling problem, which superstar NBA player have you heard of going broke?

The guy has made TONS of money up until now, we hear 1 story about him not wanting to pay a gambling debt, and you assume he has a problem? Come on, man....
    not broke from gambling, but there is actually a good percentage of nba players who lose most if not all of their money after retirement. i don't remember the pct but it was a "you have to be ****ing kidding" kind of percentage. we are picking on the nba but its not just them, its all athletes.

BTW, the **** coming out, it looks liek some of this being gambling related, etc. might be true. Washington post just broke something. This thought that he was just stupidly showing his guns to critterton seems like wishful thinking.

Remember when O.J. Simspon just got acquitted of murder, then outside he was laughing it up with his lawyers Cochran and Shapiro, making those mocking stabbing motions?

Good times..........

NBA rookie of the year Glide2keva's Avatar

Do some people only care about money?

He won't be able to spend any of his money in prison if he gets convicted.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by Long Duck Dong
    If he gets charged and convicted of a felony, he might not be able to get a visa to work overseas.
    Not only that, would he even be allowed in most countries? I know if you're entering the USA (from Canada) with a criminal record they will turn you away.

He really ****ed up this time and this is only the beginning.

Good college starter AznTacoLover's Avatar

This all whole incident.. is just so stupid.. wizards just might get his contract voided.

Local High School Star icemanfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thejumpa
    Yeah, but how much will he stand to lose this season? 10 mil maybe? That's a lot of money obviously, but he will be payed tons in the future. Based off everything we have seen, past and present, they won't be able to void his contract.
    they can and will. If he gets convicted of or pleads guilty to a felony its automatic.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by icemanfan
    they can and will. If he gets convicted of or pleads guilty to a felony its automatic.
    yeah..the nba is probably the least of his problems at this point

Magic Johnson

I would feel bad for him if he wasn't such a moron.

1) Says it's not that big of a deal

2) Makes fun of David Stern

3) Pretends to shoot his teammates

4) Questionable twitter comments

... This guy shot himself in the foot multiple times. I hope he doesn't lose his contract, but if he does he's got no one to blame but himself.

Local High School Star Nero Tulip's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime

... This guy shot himself in the foot multiple times. I hope he doesn't lose his contract, but if he does he's got no one to blame but himself.
    It is not a big deal, what a ridiculous league and a ridiculous country obsessed with security. I can't believe most of you guys are defending Stern.

For a country that pretends to defend liberty you're quick to judge and condemn a guy whose only fault was to make a joke. I knew Stern wanted to attract chinese viewers to the NBA but he took it a little too far, giving his best imitation of the chinese government.

If the US doesn't want him I'm sure there's a place for him here in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime

This

I like Gilbert Arenas as a player, but he's a very stupid individual.