Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Deadspin: Manti Te

Like many posters have mentioned this is one of the most bizarre sports related stories haha. Can't believe this guy. It's obvious he wasn't "Duped" come on he had to be in on it. I think it's too early to speculate that he's gay, but he's definitely comes out of this looking like a head case.

Banned

Manti is probably gay.

I can't even believe this.

Banned

The guy was so ****ling overated it was unelievable thanks to ESPN I had to see retarded comparisons from him to ray lewis, top 10 pick, best LB in the class ect ... . Glad he was exposed it saved team,s from drafting an overrated LB way too early.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

what in the f*ck is going on?

Utryin2getthepipe? SevereUpInHere's Avatar

Man, this is a wild story.

I feel awkward watching these interviews

This sh!t is on the front page of the national Australian news websites now too.

How embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by SevereUpInHere
    Man, this is a wild story.

I feel awkward watching these interviews

This sh!t is on the front page of the national Australian news websites now too.

How embarrassing.

Me too, man. I am so embarrassed for the guy. I can't watch the coverage

ps: LMAO @ that pic

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

Pics aren't funny GayinMind12.

Get the f*ck outta here.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jayRahz/s...73792544505858

apparently this was posted a month ago, two people joking that this girl didn't exist. I'm on my phone so the link came out as a mobile one, I'm sure you guys can figure it out.

Utryin2getthepipe? SevereUpInHere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by konex
    Me too, man. I am so embarrassed for the guy. I can't watch the coverage

ps: LMAO @ that pic

Just saw the interview with the dude from Notre Dame getting fake emotional and reaching for the water.

Awwwwwwkward

It gets more bizarre:

"Reagan Mauia, an Arizona Cardinals fullback, said he believes Kekua existed because he met her in person when he and other Polynesian teammates and Pittsburgh Steelers star Troy Polamalu went to do charity work in American Samoa in June 2011.

"This was before her and Manti," Mauia said Wednesday evening. "I don't think Manti was even in the picture, but she and I became good friends. We would talk off and on, just checking up on each other kind of thing. I am close to her family. When she was going through the loss of her father, I was -- I offered a comforting shoulder and just someone to bounce her emotions off. That was just from meeting her in Samoa."

Mauia said Tuiasosopo -- whom Mauia believes is Kekua's cousin -- introduced the two. After the initial meeting, Mauia said he met her at an "after-party" for all of the athletes involved in the camp.

"She was tall," he said. "Volleyball-type of physique. She was athletic, tall, beautiful. Long hair. Polynesian. She looked like a model ... "

When reached by ESPN.com on Wednesday night, former University of Washington and NFL quarterback Marques Tuiasosopo acknowledged that he is a cousin of Ronaiah Tuiasosopo but said he never had met or heard of Kekua.

Mauia said it is his understanding that Kekua's mother is operating her Twitter account. He said he'd never met her mother. When told by a reporter that she apparently might not have existed, Mauia said: "No, she is real."

I'm not sure this story is as twisted as many believe. He may have just been tricked initially, and tried to cover his tracks by claiming she died (end of story).

Getting duped online is pretty common these days, haven't any of you watched the show Catfish? Some crazy people out there creating multiple fake facebook/twitter accounts, using other people to talk on the phone for them, etc.

It's not all that shocking if an athlete was duped into an online relationship. They are football players, not rocket scientists.

Covering his tracks by claiming she died? You don't see anything wrong with that if that is what happened? Why would that be a better idea then just coming clean? Also, he did a bit more than just claiming she died.

There's a chance that it was all created for publicity which is kind of sick.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Jackass18
    Covering his tracks by claiming she died? You don't see anything wrong with that if that is what happened? Why would that be a better idea then just coming clean? Also, he did a bit more than just claiming she died.

There's a chance that it was all created for publicity which is kind of sick.
    then is Mauia on it as well?

the character Lennay Kekua seems to predate Manti's rise to fame. It seems that there has been other marks to this hoax before, if you read what Mauia talks about (her father dying) you see a similar story as what Manti told. Very strange but she seems like some red herring used to lure all these polynesian hawaiian football players