Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: I thught Chigaco was a horrible team with out Rose?

Plus they still have Joakim Noah. You can't lose with a guy like that on your team.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    you seriously started watching basketball yesterday? bulls have been first in the east the last 2 seasons when rose was healthy.

vs chris paul
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8FAmOjKF_k

vs melo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5bFtysx30o

these kids are so uneducated guessers.
    What about the game he went honey baked ham on Rondo? Or the Thunder...when they had to take RW off him and he crossee the shit out of Sefolosha? The game winning step back against the Bucks? 44 against the Hawks?

Dude gets no respect from these lames....which is cool, I hope he comes back with a vengeance so I can rub some e noses in the mud....

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

I feel like this is a conversation that would go better in person. I suspect I would find you less foolish.

Exposed so badly the NBA considered changing the nomination process? So Dirk going out shooting 2-11 being eliminated by the 8th seed when is team won 67 games didn't do it? Malone in 1999 verses Portland didn't do it either? rose set the standard by being outplayed by people the basketball world ranked ahead of him anyway?

Sure.

Anyway....

Id love to see some of you ina Rose vs Isiah Thomas or bob cousy topic. I bet you would struggle to figure out why I id find it so funny.

They were very good in the regular season without him last year too. They play great D...so they will always compete.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    people have been saying the Bulls would at least be okay without rose since well before he even won the MVP. and if they didn't think so the Bulls playing pretty well in the many games he missed last year would do it.

people have been making these such and such don't really need such and such topics forever when a star gets hurt.

I remember people clowning Webber in 04 when they had a great record being led by peja.

MVP level players have been getting hurt and having teams carry on forever.

the Bulls being above average without rose means no more than the Bulls being above average without Jordan or the 76ers winning 55 games after wilt left. or the Knicks making the finals without Ewing. The King's being great without Webber. the Knicks barely missing a beat when Willis reed fell apart before the second ring.

is just fuel for haters which no one will care about looking back on the era.

it doesn't matter if a team can win a good number of games without its best player. it comes down to whether or not a team can be taken serious.

it isn't hard to build a respectable team. Taking the team from respectable to legitimate is what being great is all about.

history doesn't remember 51 wins and losing to the pacers.
    This.

The bulls are not serious contenders for a title without rose, without rose their a playoff team in a weak conference that would always be one superstar away from being able to seriously contend.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

heres some math. out of 82 games. bulls this season at .602 is projected to win 49 games.

2 season prior when rose played bulls were at .75 wining percentage.
    thats wining 62 games

thats 13 games that rose is propelling his team to win, even when the bulls without him are already above average.

that says alot.
    That's disingenuous because they were 25-13 then and are 23-15 now and surging upwards.. They're easily finishing with 50+. They're two games off pace what they were with rose. Winning percentages at this point in the season aren't that reliable..

Rip+Rose=Ripping Rose Clocian-IGN's Avatar

if you got haters that means you're damn good. ignore them bulls brehs, if they don't see what makes rose great, they never will and just like trolling.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

something I find a little funny....

most of 2011 and especially late in the year people were claiming rose did not make the impact that Howard did. Bron had wade and bosh. But Dwight had to go it alone. He's making a personal impact unlike rose who is just along for the ride.

then Dwight joins a Lakers team so talented people are talking about 75 wins and owners call secret meetings on how this is exactly what they feared......and big bad Dwight puts up his usual numbers minus the point or two from having talented teammates and they are like 2 games up on the magic. Magic in tenth place lakers in eleventh.

basketball is funny sometimes. makes fools of us all.....

anyone really feel like a 90 percent healthy Derrick Rose in place of a 90 percent healthy Dwight Howard doesn't make the Lakers a little better than they are?

I just have trouble seeing them at 16-22. doesn't mean rose is more impactfull.

Means.....this game is not as simple as records.

Complicated game we have. Complicated and hilarious.

Kobe= 1st round loser secund2nun's Avatar

did you start watching basketball last season? to say rose is just a "good" player and not a "great" player is the dumbest shit i ever heard.
    He is not a great player. Don't let hype influence you.

Quote Originally Posted by Joey3000
    Ok I'm fine with that... but none of them are placed on the same level as Rose. again, not saying he is not good. But people rank him ahead of guys who are just as good based off the hard work of his teamates.

I'm sure more than half this Board would rank him ahead of Carmelo Anthony. WHY? He is even ranked ahead of guys like Chris Paul by many... WHY?

They are even saying if he was here Chicago would be in first place in the east. What would he bring that would make that arguement valid?
    Because Rose impact would be much higher than Hinrichs. I dont think anyone is dismissing the fact that the Bulls are built on defense and rebounding. But Rose is very important to the offense. The Bulls have no guy that can create their own shot on a consistent basis.

As far as Rose being MVP in 11. He deserved it. He played a huge role in helping keep the Bulls ahead of the pack during injuries to Noah, and Boozer.

Theres no way you can honestly say Rose wouldnt improve this team.

Quote Originally Posted by secund2nun
    He is not a great player. Don't let hype influence you.
    He most definitely is a great player. How many players would you take over him? And whos hyping him? I dont see people comparing Rose to alltime greats. Hes young he has to build a resume.

The guy is criminally overrated.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    people have been saying the Bulls would at least be okay without rose since well before he even won the MVP. and if they didn't think so the Bulls playing pretty well in the many games he missed last year would do it.

people have been making these such and such don't really need such and such topics forever when a star gets hurt.

I remember people clowning Webber in 04 when they had a great record being led by peja.

MVP level players have been getting hurt and having teams carry on forever.

the Bulls being above average without rose means no more than the Bulls being above average without Jordan or the 76ers winning 55 games after wilt left. or the Knicks making the finals without Ewing. The King's being great without Webber. the Knicks barely missing a beat when Willis reed fell apart before the second ring.

is just fuel for haters which no one will care about looking back on the era.

it doesn't matter if a team can win a good number of games without its best player. it comes down to whether or not a team can be taken serious.

it isn't hard to build a respectable team. Taking the team from respectable to legitimate is what being great is all about.

history doesn't remember 51 wins and losing to the pacers.
    Great post. Yes, this "with or without star player X" comparison is so flawed and stupid. First of all, people give the impression that when the star player is out, they are playing as if that star player never even existed. They don't take into account that a star player has influence and impact even when he's not on the court. They don't take into account how that player may influence practice habits, promote a winning culture and heighten expectations, hold his teammates accountable and not let them use his absence as an excuse, and other factors as well.

You brought up Dwight Howard, and thats a great example. Lets ignore the drama last year. If Howard was in the same position as Rose last year, I guarantee his playful and un-serious attitude would've translated to his teammates effort on the court and losing games wouldn't have been as big of a deal to his teammates, most likely looking to the excuse that they didn't have Howard. But because of that, naive fans on this board would take the "Bulls did better without Rose then Magic did without Howard" argument to say that Howard has more impact. Its stupid.

NBA lottery pick

Rose was head and shoulders the best PG in the league when he was healthy. I miss this guy

College superstar

One reason Rose gets extra hype is because he is athletic and makes impressive looking layups. People don't care about boring productive players who make simple plays.