Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Ron Artest Possible Suspension?

...pussification of the league continues... wow how does that deserve a suspension.. its not like he fouled anyone important... u know bro?

I think he will be suspended, that definitely looks bad. I'm not saying I agree with the suspension, but the way the rule is governed now, that will most likely be a suspension.

On the other hand, for those who are bagging on Artest's character. The man clearly has anger problems that come mentally and manifest itself through him physically. He admits it himself, and publicly says he's been trying to get help for years now. During this year and last year, all I've read is Artest's off the court contributions to charities, societies, organizations. He's only been a good team-mate, supporting the players and coaches even tho clearly his role has been lessened significantly compared to his previous teams. I can't even imagine the amount of hours he's put into therapy, relaxation techniques, and communication efforts to relax himself for the ups and lows of a NBA season.

That in itself, that effort, is what is commendable about Ron Artest. I honestly think he felt bad, maybe not for Barea, but for himself because he knew he made a wrong move and it was a step back from what he's been training for all these years.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kellogs4toniee
    I think he will be suspended, that definitely looks bad. I'm not saying I agree with the suspension, but the way the rule is governed now, that will most likely be a suspension.

On the other hand, for those who are bagging on Artest's character. The man clearly has anger problems that come mentally and manifest itself through him physically. He admits it himself, and publicly says he's been trying to get help for years now. During this year and last year, all I've read is Artest's off the court contributions to charities, societies, organizations. He's only been a good team-mate, supporting the players and coaches even tho clearly his role has been lessened significantly compared to his previous teams. I can't even imagine the amount of hours he's put into therapy, relaxation techniques, and communication efforts to relax himself for the ups and lows of a NBA season.

That in itself, that effort, is what is commendable about Ron Artest. I honestly think he felt bad, maybe not for Barea, but for himself because he knew he made a wrong move and it was a step back from what he's been training for all these years.
    How can you not agree that its a clear flagrant 2? He makes contact above the neck and with no play on the ball. Dude will get suspended.

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    How can you not agree that its a clear flagrant 2? He makes contact above the neck and with no play on the ball. Dude will get suspended.
    Quote Originally Posted by kellogs4toniee
    but the way the rule is governed now, that will most likely be a suspension.
    I'm not even going to get into the rules of a flagrant 2. Right there shows I agree that it will most likely be a suspension.

Dunking on everybody in the park MavsPoke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jb220
    ...pussification of the league continues... wow how does that deserve a suspension.. its not like he fouled anyone important... u know bro?
    Please...stop...trolling...these...forums...

It was ugly, and it was a stupid foul which deserves a one game suspension, but no need to make it a big deal like Artest was trying to clothesline Barea...

Like quite a number of posters here said, we had seen something more uglier but got no foul/suspension.

Artest was frustrated obviously, and a stupid foul to stop the play... but you can tell he wasn't intentionally to hurt Barea... he was more like to injure Odom, his teammate though... :)

the game was over, and there's no need for a clothesline to the face. Artest is a sore loser and deserves a suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by MavsPoke
    I love this interview with Artest.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FdW9...eature=related

I think Ron is not looking forward to his talk with David today.
    That was my favorite Ron Artest moment. When things go his way, he's just just a big happy child.

But yeah, I can only imagine Stern's Subtly vicious subliminals making Ron squirm today.....I hope Ron says fukk it and just goes in on Stern, like "ok Mr. stern, ok Mr. stern....". "But leeme ask you a question....I'mma ask you a question now, son.". "e'rybody know you Lyin on that losing money sh!t son, Y'all cooking the books, all you greedy Jews and greedy white men cooking them sh!t's no doubt" "I'm saying why can't y'all just stop stunting and keep it real wit n!ggas?". "Y'all some greedy b!txhes, son". "On my momma, y'all some greedy @ss lyin b!tches son". "Whatchu gotta say now son?". "Maybe I clothesline your little b!tch@ss too, whut whut?....whutchu think about that son?"

Banned

People arguing that Artest's move was simply a hard 'playoff foul' have to look at the picture. It isn't so much that Artest could have potentially hurt the guy. If the league doesn't hand down punitive repercussions for that sort of behavior it sets a precedent for other players. The last thing the league wants in a series already boiling over with tension (and I'm just talking between the LA players... ha) is a conveyed sentiment that overtly physical or intentional contact will somehow be permitted. Look at it in the same light as the early season technical sprees so many refs went bonkers with. They're sending a message early to keep things in line.

Default Re: Ron Artest suspended one game for striking Jose Barea

NBA just announced that Artest has been suspended one game.

More info: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=7643

Serious playground baller strike first's Avatar

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Good. Now he has more time to work on his rap career.

well good i hate to think what some mavs players would do in retaliation if he wasnt suspended

Yep, suspended 1 game

Dunking on everybody in the park

Well, it couldn't get any worse for the Lakers right now. Let's see what they're made of.