Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Dwight responds to Shaq's comments

I dismissed it earlier, but now I'm wondering if Shaq breathing down his neck is going to lead to Dwight having an MVP season.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    I dismissed it earlier, but now I'm wondering if Shaq breathing down his neck is going to lead to Dwight having an MVP season.
    I wonder just how pissed Shaq is that two players he dislikes (Kobe and Howard) are on the team he used to shine on and they have a legitimate chance of going all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
    Damn shame.
    Link for the whole article

http://www.yaysports.com/nba/2005/09..._but_good.html

Also, another read by Tex Winter, concerning the situation:

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...lmost-imploded

Local High School Star TheCalmInsanity's Avatar

A lot of optimism here, let me present the dark side. I'm pretty sure Shaq's agenda is to get in Dwight's head, I'm sure the last thing Shaq wants to see is Dwight do well in his former shoes

I think he's trying to make Dwight realize that he's "replacing" Shaq as the new Lakers dominant center, and wants Dwight to back out of his territory. That's just how I see it.. If you guys want to keep being optimistic go ahead, this is no knock on you. Every penny has 2 sides right?

College star

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Link for the whole article

http://www.yaysports.com/nba/2005/09..._but_good.html

Also, another read by Tex Winter, concerning the situation:

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...lmost-imploded
    Thanks, I was gonna edit and drop the link but you're way ahead of me.

You'd expect that kind of behavior from one of the players that came to the NBA straight out of high school.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by TheCalmInsanity
    A lot of optimism here, let me present the dark side. I'm pretty sure Shaq's agenda is to get in Dwight's head, I'm sure the last thing Shaq wants to see is Dwight do well in his former shoes

I think he's trying to make Dwight realize that he's "replacing" Shaq as the new Lakers dominant center, and wants Dwight to back out of his territory. That's just how I see it.. If you guys want to keep being optimistic go ahead, this is no knock on you. Every penny has 2 sides right?
    Mikan didn't do that to Wilt. Wilt didn't do that to Kareem. Kareem didn't do that to Shaq.

So what territory does Shaq truly own? It's "shared property," passed on through the decades. We aren't talking about Dirk and his "ownership" of the Mavs organization.

I can't believe I actually agree with Dwight Howard... because I think he is a freaking tool, but Shaq just needs to stfu and leave the guy alone. Dwight's the best player at his position despite the fact that he has no competition (hopefully Davis, and Drummond can change that...) he would still be a top 3-5 C in any year in NBA history. Is he better than Shaq, KAJ, Wilt, Russ, Hakeem, DRob, Ewing, etc no, but any year in NBA history you could write him in as a top 3 C, and nobody would laugh. That is a great player imo. He's not unique like the .1% of players that would be the best player at their position no matter the year you dropped them into, but it is great never the less. LeBron, Jordan, Magic, Shaq (prime) would all be the best players at their positions.

He told the Times-Picayune in New Orleans last month that he had "no reaction" to Howard joining the Lakers and said the 26-year-old Howard still had a lot left to prove.

"You have to care to have a reaction," O'Neal said. "I've got businesses to run. I always tell people that in order to step in my shoes you have big shoes to fill. For him, he's going to have to at least win three (titles) to get people's respect."

come on, Shaq

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

[QUOTE]KEVIN DING
    Dwight's full reply to Shaq on NBA.com preferring Bynum and Brook Lopez as centers:

"I don't care what Shaq says. Shaq played the game; he

I don't think anybody really likes Shaq at this point. He was a great player but come on, his personality was always overrated and he's completely out of his league on TNT now. Plus he's a bitter old has been who is eroding whatever good will he had left.

I don't think anybody really likes Shaq at this point. He was a great player but come on, his personality was always overrated and he's completely out of his league on TNT now. Plus he's a bitter old has been who is eroding whatever good will he had left.

Good High School Starter nycelt84's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
    Mikan didn't do that to Wilt. Wilt didn't do that to Kareem. Kareem didn't do that to Shaq.

So what territory does Shaq truly own? It's "shared property," passed on through the decades. We aren't talking about Dirk and his "ownership" of the Mavs organization.
    Mikan wasn't associated with the Lakers at all for years after they left Minneapolis. Even today his number isn't retired and the team didn't even honor the Minneapolis titles until a few years ago. Wilt used to dog both Kareem and Shaq, and Shaq feuded with Kareem also.

That's spine chilling.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloBill
    Superman doesn't wanna pass down the cape.
    Nor should he as Dwight is half the player. And thats the problem, Shaq hates that Dwight gets Shaq comparisons for being a poor mans Zo.

Yeah, that must be it.

What I dread is the almost inevitable moment when Shaq says exactly that, and they embrace...watch Shaq induct Dwight into the HOF in 15 years.