Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Irrational Jordan superfan StarJordan's Avatar

Default Re: MJ's Hall of Fame speech

When has MJ not been cocky. Was he not cocky when he crossed bird over in '86....he didn't have to dribble between the legs just wanted to make a point

Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

I didn't get to watch it til a few days after and honestly I really didn't get what all the hooplah about his speech was about. Wasn't the greatest of speeches, but seemed honest enough which is really all we can ask for right?

That's why he's the best ever. Not only was he very skilled at the game, the guy had a fire in his belly to win at everything he tried.

Kobe/Lebron has the skills, but not the fire MJ had. That is why Jordan STILL is the all time GOAT.

NBA rookie of the year Glide2keva's Avatar

People tripping on Jordan's speech need to STFU. It was a great speech IMO. He showed exactly who he was.

If you think MJ's speech was brutal and he was a jerk and all of that, what will you say when Kobe gives his? He is of the same mentality.

NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glide2keva
    People tripping on Jordan's speech need to STFU. It was a great speech IMO. He showed exactly who he was.

If you think MJ's speech was brutal and he was a jerk and all of that, what will you say when Kobe gives his? He is of the same mentality.
    Kobe will be smart enough not to make the same mistake, even if he does feel the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Glide2keva

I know! I can't wait until Kobe does his HOF speech. That should be another great speech.

Quote Originally Posted by MastahX
    That's why he's the best ever. Not only was he very skilled at the game, the guy had a fire in his belly to win at everything he tried.

Kobe/Lebron has the skills, but not the fire MJ had.
    That is why Jordan STILL is the all time GOAT.
    I'm calling bullshit right there. Kobe has the fire, but sometimes his skills fail him.

Quote Originally Posted by MastahX

Kobe/Lebron has the skills, but not the fire MJ had. That is why Jordan STILL is the all time GOAT.
    What? LOL Kobe didn't have the fire?

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Realist
    Kobe will be smart enough not to make the same mistake, even if he does feel the same way.
    We'll see

It won't prolly be as bitter-sounding as MJ's but I do think that he'll poke some subtle insults about the league and it's current players, etc

Irrational Jordan superfan StarJordan's Avatar

I'm calling bullshit right there. Kobe has the fire, but sometimes his skills fail him.
    I'm sure he has the fire to want to hold the ball from his palm and fake the defender out, but doesn't have that hands to do that.

Jordan's speech was what it was. People expected it to be like obama speech, historic etc.....or lou gehrig's in baseball.....but mj in public has never been big on speeches....even during bulls championship rallies..

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Once a prick, always a prick. There isn't much more to say about his speech. The only one I remember him having anything good to say about was Scottie.

His legacy is forever solidified. he can say whatever because that speech alone won't stop his fans from buying Jordan shoes.

Earlier in his career, I remember him ( as we all do) when MJ refused to comment on certain controversial issues because "republicans buy sneakers too."

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Agreed. It's fcukin' hilarious.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by JellyBean
    I know! I can't wait until Kobe does his HOF speech. That should be another great speech.
    It will just be a carbon copy of Jordan's.

   

[QUOTE=jstern]I don