Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Decent playground baller Millennium X's Avatar

Default dunknow complete vertical program, have any of you tried it?

Anyone try this dunknow complete program? supposedly it

Good High School Starter Splitz77's Avatar

Default Re: dunknow complete vertical program, have any of you tried it?

I use the vertical bible, and my vertical has went from 27" to 33"..so it works..I dont know about the dunk now program though.

ISH Jump Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Splitz77
    I use the vertical bible, and my vertical has went from 27" to 33"..so it works..I dont know about the dunk now program though.
    What program/how long?

Quote Originally Posted by Splitz77
    i'm not asking you to post the workouts because i don't think that's legal but can you tell me how long it is?

i know dunknow is a 6 month program but how many months does it take to complete the vertical jump bible?

ISH Jump Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Millennium X
    i'm not asking you to post the workouts because i don't think that's legal but can you tell me how long it is?

i know dunknow is a 6 month program but how many months does it take to complete the vertical jump bible?
    Its either 8 weeks or 16 weeks depending on program.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumo
    Its either 8 weeks or 16 weeks depending on program.
    what do you mean depending on the program? are there different versions of vertical jump bible?

so are you saying that you've completed this program before. if so did you do the 8 week or 16 week one?

ISH Jump Crew

what do you mean depending on the program? are there different versions of vertical jump bible?

so are you saying that you've completed this program before. if so did you do the 8 week or 16 week one?
    I just finished week 1 of an 8 week program. There are different workouts in the VJB, for different athletes. That's what makes it so good. I'm doing an intermediate balanced program (which requires half weight lifting, half plyometrics). I will probably do the Intermediate Strength program after, which is pretty much just weight lifting.

There are a bunch of different programs inside the Vertical Jump Bible. One of the main points of it is that its not a "one size fits all" design, you find which one you need to do, and work on it. Then after you're done you might find there is a different aspect you need to work on, and you do that workout.

A .pdf of it is floating around somewhere in this section of the forum...

Quote Originally Posted by Kumo
    I just finished week 1 of an 8 week program. There are different workouts in the VJB, for different athletes. That's what makes it so good. I'm doing an intermediate balanced program (which requires half weight lifting, half plyometrics). I will probably do the Intermediate Strength program after, which is pretty much just weight lifting.

There are a bunch of different programs inside the Vertical Jump Bible. One of the main points of it is that its not a "one size fits all" design, you find which one you need to do, and work on it. Then after you're done you might find there is a different aspect you need to work on, and you do that workout.

A .pdf of it is floating around somewhere in this section of the forum...
    That is awesome. No wonder it gets such high ratings everywhere I go to check the v-jump program reviews.

I just read some more about it and it says there's a VJB program that requires no weights at all.

Do you know which workout i'm talking about? How long is this one? (the one w/o weights)

Dunking on everybody in the park mika's Avatar

That is awesome. No wonder it gets such high ratings everywhere I go to check the v-jump program reviews.

I just read some more about it and it says there's a VJB program that requires no weights at all.

Do you know which workout i'm talking about? How long is this one? (the one w/o weights)
    Yes, it is the body weight strength program. It is 12 weeks long with 4 different phases, each 3 weeks long.

Not airballing my layups anymore kimmster's Avatar

How can I find vertical jump bible

Dunking on everybody in the park mika's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kimmster
    How can I find vertical jump bible
    http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=...meta=&aq=f&oq=

Good college starter NotYetGreat's Avatar

The VJB is really one of the best stuff out there about the vertical jump. I'm yet to start on one of the workouts, but what I've read's really helped me understand more about the art of jumping.

Saw a basketball once

I hate to bring up old posts but imo VJB is shit. It's basically an EBOOK that u can download.

DunkNow is def way better. As long as you get the weighted-vest also.

Quote Originally Posted by vc_wannabe
    I hate to bring up old posts but imo VJB is shit. It's basically an EBOOK that u can download.

DunkNow is def way better. As long as you get the weighted-vest also.
    Please do not listen to this fool. Dunk Now is a piece of shit program as is air alert (which it basically copied). VJB preaches proven methods of increasing explosive ability (AKA Vertical jump, agility, speed) while programs like dunk now preach archaic methods of mass volume and high reps. It better trains you to run a marathon than dunk a basketball.

Anything that has you doing more than 10 reps... is a piece of shit and is not going to help your vert anymore than just running games at the gym would.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggin916
    Please do not listen to this fool. Dunk Now is a piece of shit program as is air alert (which it basically copied). VJB preaches proven methods of increasing explosive ability (AKA Vertical jump, agility, speed) while programs like dunk now preach archaic methods of mass volume and high reps. It better trains you to run a marathon than dunk a basketball.

Anything that has you doing more than 10 reps... is a piece of shit and is not going to help your vert anymore than just running games at the gym would.

Man, there are some idiots in Sacramento, and you're obviously one of them. VJB is a piece of shit eBook and the Kelly doesn't know shit about what he's talking about. Also, it's useless w/o a gym membership whereas dunknow has a 20 pound weighted vest. I don't give a f^$& what people try but I'm just saying what worked for me.