Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Knicks PROMISE Curry: "We want you!"

How can a guy who hits 45% of his 3's as the primary scorer on his team in any context be streaky?
    How does that make him ineligible from being streaky? All that number is a percentage.

Local High School Star indiefan23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy11
    How does that make him ineligible from being streaky? All that number is a percentage.
    A streak shooter is inconsistent... if you're inconsistent you don't hit almost half your distance shots. People streak up to appear better then they are, nto downto appear worse. He's shooting as the focal point of the defense too. You don't think he could play off of Lebron? You're just hating on him.

People streak up to appear better then they are
    Exactly!

Look, I'm not saying that Curry is a bad shooter. I'm just pointing out a hole in your argument that you've presented by throwing his % out there as an end-all.

You don't think he could play off of Lebron?
    He could. Sure.

You're just hating on him.
    I'm not hating on the kid at all. Thinking someone might not be a good pro isn't hating on them. I probably have the same concern that a lot of scouts have. I'm just not in love with the kid. You clearly are, and that's fine with me. I just don't like him as a big-time prospect or anything higher than a late 1st round pick.

I don't want him. Allan Houston without toughness and worse shot.

Exactly!

Look, I'm not saying that Curry is a bad shooter. I'm just pointing out a hole in your argument that you've presented by throwing his % out there as an end-all.

He could. Sure.

I'm not hating on the kid at all. Thinking someone might not be a good pro isn't hating on them. I probably have the same concern that a lot of scouts have. I'm just not in love with the kid. You clearly are, and that's fine with me. I just don't like him as a big-time prospect or anything higher than a late 1st round pick.
    That's fair enough. I just see him as either a semi-star or a low cost killer. Even if he's streaky and remains so for the rest of his career (I don't really see how he is) he's still fully capable of playing that Eddie House role on a team. And Eddie House is a fully capable playoff assassin. In a good offense Curry can be huge. If Jarren Jackson can be a killer for the Spurs theres no reason at all to expect less from Curry.

In this years draft are you really going to do better? Seriously, why draft a likely bust only on potential when you can draft a guy who's a likely solid role player with a ceiling well beyond that? Killer Instinct is one of the few unteachable traits in the NBA and Curry has it in spades. I think that alone puts him higher. Is it just me that sees that?
    Last edited by indiefan23; 05-15-2009 at 10:23 AM.

I'm sorry, I just realized bubbles was your avatar. I'm not going to argue with you anymore... but instead make obscure quotes from my fave hometown show.

Now where did I put my Freedom 35?

Saw a basketball once

I just don't see this guy living up to the hype. he's a steaky shooter playing in a weak conference.his court vison is horrible and his handles are below average.at best he'll put up dajuan wagner numbers.(rookie year)
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...wagneda02.html.as for his 3pt% theres a huge difference in getting open looks versus zones and soft man to man college d (horrible rotations).then physical nba d (crisp rotations) and quick close outs on the perimeter.(better athletes higher b-ball iq).
    Last edited by Jay-Hoops; 05-15-2009 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by indiefan23
    I'm sorry, I just realized bubbles was your avatar. I'm not going to argue with you anymore... but instead make obscure quotes from my fave hometown show.

Now where did I put my Freedom 35?
    That show is teh awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Hoops
    I just don't see this guy living up to the hype. he's a steaky shooter playing in a weak conference.his court vison is horrible and his handles are below average.at best he'll put up dajuan wagner numbers.(rookie year)
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...wagneda02.html.as for his 3pt% theres a huge difference in getting open looks versus zones and soft man to man college d (horrible rotations).then physical nba d (crisp rotations) and quick close outs on the perimeter.(better athletes higher b-ball iq).
    There is also a huge, huge difference between being the focal point of the offense and receiving scouted defenses trying to stop you and playing off another player who's able to create open looks for you. Why do you think Curry won't be getting open looks in the NBA. If Bruce Bowen's corpse gets open looks, Curry can. If he's playing off a 20/10 inside threat, say Big Al, or say Lebron, you don't think he'll put up great numbers? I despise this 'streaky shooter' thing. The guy was the whole offense in college. If he hit a team that defended him better he didn't shoot as well. That in no way makes him 'streaky' but means he's on a crappy team. Which makes sense: they went to the NIT while having one of the best college players. Right?

That show is teh awesome.
    Yep, one of the most original and best on TV. They filmed parts of the movie on my street. Its coolness. I think I need to eat 7 tins of ravioli, have a donair and piss in a jug I'll throw up in a tree. Rock!

Look, we all know why the Knicks are taking Stephen Curry....isn't it obvious?

In this economy, any way to save money helps. Knicks are trying to land players with same last names as former Knick players to save money on printing jerseys. Eddy Curry will be gone soon, so Stephen will simply take his jersey. I hope Stephen likes #34.

Why do you think Knicks are going after Lebron JAMES.....Jerome JAMES.....Lebron JAMES........hello??????????

You people are so stupid.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Hoops
    In a nice recollection bump after Curry's 36/13/10 7 3's game, or his 24/15/6 game... all of you who stated Stephen Curry was going to be an NBA bust are invited for a nice lunch of crow, 3 pointer style. He's going to be an all star, no doubt.

In a nice recollection bump after Curry's 36/13/10 7 3's game, or his 24/15/6 game... all of you who stated Stephen Curry was going to be an NBA bust are invited for a nice lunch of crow, 3 pointer style. He's going to be an all star, no doubt.
    So wehre are ya j hoops? Still think he'll be Wagner? ;0

bump of the year..

He has Starbury written all over him and you know it.