Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default NBA 2K15 info and discussion

NBA 2K15 news began to trickle out last week. One of the first big reveals...

A robust franchise mode that features absolutely zero virtual currency (VC) integration (aside from being able to earn it by playing). The new franchise mode, dubbed MyLeague is not the same as MyGM. It appears it won't be about cut scenes and whatnot. Instead, there's a heavy emphasis on customization.

Virtually every aspect of one's franchise experience will be controllable, ranging from season length, trade difficulty, amount of teams user controlled, injury effects, etc.

Speaking of injuries, players will now often wear recovery-related accessories on limbs after returning from a debilitating physical ailment. Further, players' durability has been broken down amongst over a dozen body parts. As such, certain parts of certain players (say, Derrick Rose's knee) will be more likely to break down than others. Also, career-ending injuries now exist.

An article with more information: http://www.operationsports.com/featu...gue-interview/

Also, this one is unsubstantiated, but there's rumors the Inside the NBA crew may play a role in 2K15.

Edit: Don't know how this happened, but could I get the thread title edited to have caps in the proper spots (i.e. NBA 2K15 instead of Nba 2k15).
    Last edited by Rake2204; 08-19-2014 at 07:29 PM.

Banned

Default Re: Nba 2k15

I want to be excited, but I know how 2K are the masters of hype and don't want to be disappointed. I like the players coming back wearing sleeves and whatnot though. I also like the idea of having career-ending injuries (not to sound sadistic). I just they don't go overboard with them.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

PC version is supposed to be the next gen version so I might cheap out and just download the thing.

Trying to avoid buying a PS4. Literally the only games I would use it for is the 2k series. Haven't played Madden or college football in forever, don't typically like COD games and they end up for PC anyway (even if the ports are often bad, or have been for the last 4 or 5 games), and none of the "exclusive" titles ever interest me.

But I can't live without 2K...

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    I want to be excited, but I know how 2K are the masters of hype and don't want to be disappointed. I like the players coming back wearing sleeves and whatnot though. I also like the idea of having career-ending injuries (not to sound sadistic). I just they don't go overboard with them.
    I feel you. NBA 2K14 was probably the low point of the franchise for me. It was the first time I did not purchase 2K since 2K1. It felt as though they were headed in an awful, arcade, completely virtual currency/cut-scene/super-fantasy direction.

However, with some of the news they've released about 2K15 thus far, I'm slowly getting back on board, though tentatively (until we see what else they have in store). I will say, the news about MyGM and its completely customizable and authentic base (i.e. no cutscenes, storylines, or VC) got me more excited than anything I saw in 2K14.

Anywho, regarding the injuries, they'll be customizable, perhaps by slider, in terms of how often they occur and how much they effect a player's rating:

With ‘Injuries 2.0’, every player has a unique durability rating for 16 different body parts (think left foot, right foot, left ankle, right ankle, etc.). This level of control allows us to pick a player like Russell Westbrook and say that he has a right knee with a significantly higher chance of getting injured than his left knee, or any other body part for that issue. In short, player injuries are going to be a lot more relevant, and a lot less random.

Body parts are going to wear down over the course of a career, as more miles are put on the body. Significant injuries to a body part will often shorten the lifespan of that body part before it becomes a real problem later in a player’s career. These injuries, depending on the severity, can forever change a player. Some players will never get back to their former selves after they blow out a knee, for example. NBA 2K15 also introduces the concept of career ending injuries to our game. In truth, they don’t happen very often (as they shouldn’t!), but they do happen. Players with continued injury problems to a body part will feel those aches and pains and retire at an earlier age than a player who has managed to stay relatively healthy throughout their career.

Getting back to the original question at-hand, we keyed in on the sandbox philosophy of MyLEAGUE and allow you to customize the frequency of User/CPU injuries in addition to how much those injuries affect a player’s ratings. Heck, you can even turn injuries off all together, but do you really want to do that after you just read all of the above?

One more thing on body durabilities. They will a be ‘thing’ when it comes to how you scout draft prospects throughout the season as our Prospect Scouting feature got a major overhaul this year.

Love Live Life

I just want crew mode back and better gameplay.

They can keep all the gimmicks like flashy passes and those perks.

Best 2k for me was 2k8.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

They need to make it more difficult to score...way more difficult..like you actually have to run plays and move the ball...

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
    PC version is supposed to be the next gen version so I might cheap out and just download the thing.

Trying to avoid buying a PS4. Literally the only games I would use it for is the 2k series. Haven't played Madden or college football in forever, don't typically like COD games and they end up for PC anyway (even if the ports are often bad, or have been for the last 4 or 5 games), and none of the "exclusive" titles ever interest me.

But I can't live without 2K...
    Just to let you know, 2K usually neglects the PC versions. Patches for the PC don't come until months after the console ones.

On the bright side, you get to mod everything yourself.

The MyPlayer and MyGM modes in 2K14 are horrendous. I still play them, but man are they bad. I think the gameplay is actually legit, but I agree I would like to see an improvement in the ability to defend the perimeter, both drives and 3-point shots.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

This is coming out for PS3, right?

I skipped 2k14. I'm going to pick this one up when it comes out.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    This is coming out for PS3, right?

I skipped 2k14. I'm going to pick this one up when it comes out.
    Yes, it is also coming out for PS3/XBox360. However, I do not think MyLeague will be on those consoles (MyLeague = Old Association mode on steroids, without VC or ridiculous storylines pllus many more options and customization).

It looks like one of the draws to the PS3 and 360 versions this year will be the return of Crew mode. Early on, it looks like that will be exclusive to those consoles. It's unclear if 2K has a Crew-like alternative for the PS4 and XBoxOne, as it's still relatively early in the information release process.

Banned

They ****ed up with 2K14. I miss the feeling of the 2K11 days where it was realistic basketball with realistic game modes like My Player where you go through the summer league and Association along with fun modes like My Crew (which I didn't play but wish I did) and Online Leagues. Looking back on it, 2K11 was literally a perfect game outside of its servers.

2K15 is looking promising though. MyLEAGUE in itself is enough to warrant a buy from me, but I hope PS4 gets the Crew mode that last-gen's gonna get. I don't get why it shouldn't.

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    Yes, it is also coming out for PS3/XBox360. However, I do not think MyLeague will be on those consoles (MyLeague = Old Association mode on steroids, without VC or ridiculous storylines pllus many more options and customization).

It looks like one of the draws to the PS3 and 360 versions this year will be the return of Crew mode. Early on, it looks like that will be exclusive to those consoles. It's unclear if 2K has a Crew-like alternative for the PS4 and XBoxOne, as it's still relatively early in the information release process.
    Damn! I really hope PS4/X1 have crew mode. They can leave the Park mode out.

I highly recommend copping the game on PC if you are considering it.

Had a lot of fun the past 2 years with mods.

I highly recommend copping the game on PC if you are considering it.

Had a lot of fun the past 2 years with mods.

Banned

They better make cut scenes skippable and game simable in myplayer, trying to play multiple players for different positions was unbearable in 2k. Making it less structured for the cut scenes would be good too, I hated having key events like me fighting with team mates or getting injured or being drafted 4th yet riding the bench until someone else was injured with every player I make. Would be good if they had multiple story lines, like I can choose to be a star prospect or a mediocre one who needs to work hard to get there. Make it less repetitive 2k14 was terrible that way. I was annoyed too when I was asked to be Bledsoes side kick even though I was averaging 20ppg and he was averaging 5ppg, in that side kick game I tried for the first half to make assists for him but the retard just dribbled and passed up open lay ups and shots then when I took over to score and win us the game I got my minutes cut and got told off for not being a team player.

I'd also like them to make it more realistic with the scoring, maybe make it easier to be involved in plays and make you get a higher reward for actually letting the team run through a play. Right now I either call for the ball and score iso or assist through an iso/pick and roll or try and let the AI run a play that usually involves the point guard dribbling out the shot clock and a low percentage shot or some other stupid decisions.]

Also bring back summer league and d-league, take it one step further and make d-league actually interesting - with the story lines you could start as a d-league pro and work your way into the NBA through 10 day contracts, I'd like more things like that.