Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Re: The Amazing SPIDER-MAN (July 3rd) - News and Speculation

ima skip this one unless its a really awesome spiderman movie.. but ya.. probably skipping this one.

Home of the 16

Quote Originally Posted by cteach111
    ima skip this one unless its a really awesome spiderman movie.. but ya.. probably skipping this one.
    You're gonna watch it, eventually.

Real Men watch CBM

Early Reviews are in...

So far so good!

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_amazing_spider_man/

Yeah most of the reviews said X Men First Class was a good movie; turned out to be pretty mediocre.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Loneshot
    Yeah most of the reviews said X Men First Class was a good movie; turned out to be pretty mediocre.
    One of the top superhero movies ever in terms of pure quality and unbiased opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    One of the top superhero movies ever in terms of pure quality and unbiased opinion.
    Not in the least. Not only was it a poor action movie, but as far as being an X-Men film goes it wasn't good at all there. I've exposed the many holes in the movie so many times (on this forum) i don't have the energy to do it again. All flash with no substance about sums up First Class (and all the previous X movies).

I wish people would stop overrating the X films because they just keep pumping out sequels/prequels and spinoffs thinking that they are awesome movies when they suck on every level from the plot, having no depth (when such a universe is drowning in it yet the movie fails to capture any of it), and being nothing more than a showcase of mutant's powers.

Not in the least. Not only was it a poor action movie, but as far as being an X-Men film goes it wasn't good at all there. I've exposed the many holes in the movie so many times (on this forum) i don't have the energy to do it again. All flash with no substance about sums up First Class (and all the previous X movies).

I wish people would stop overrating the X films because they just keep pumping out sequels/prequels and spinoffs thinking that they are awesome movies when they suck on every level from the plot, having no depth (when such a universe is drowning in it yet the movie fails to capture any of it), and being nothing more than a showcase of mutant's powers.
    I'm sorry but you're wrong and most people, fans and critics alike, disagree with you.

Great college starter Black Joker's Avatar

Gotta disagree with you here bud. i'm a huge comic nerd, and sure, it did it take some liberties with the characters, but it was a pretty solid movie

I'd give First Class a solid 7. Not an epic movie by any means but a good all around movie everybody can enjoy. Far from the bust you're making it out to be. As Deuce said... almost everybody, fans and critics alike would consider you the minority opinion.

You're the only person on ISH that didn't enjoy First Class. You made it known alright.

I'd give First Class a solid 7. Not an epic movie by any means but a good all around movie everybody can enjoy. Far from the bust you're making it out to be. As Deuce said... almost everybody, fans and critics alike would consider you the minority opinion.
    A 7 is saying it's barely just decent, and i'd respect that. But from most reviews you'd think it was Avengers.

I can see how the Avengers (a solid 8, maybe 8.5) gets overrated, but how people overrate First Class is beyond me. The flaws are obvious and its so mediocre that you're left with nothing to desire because there is no faith to have that they can give you anything to desire.

I haven't enjoyed any of the X films and its almost mind boggling how so many people not only enjoy them, but think they are good. It's the very reason fans won't get an X film on the level of the new Batman trilogy or Avengers, because we say these X movies are good, so they will stay in line with we've already been given; mediocre action movies.

A 7 is saying it's barely just decent, and i'd respect that. But from most reviews you'd think it was Avengers.

I can see how the Avengers (a solid 8, maybe 8.5) gets overrated, but how people overrate First Class is beyond me. The flaws are obvious and its so mediocre that you're left with nothing to desire because there is no faith to have that they can give you anything to desire.

I haven't enjoyed any of the X films and its almost mind boggling how so many people not only enjoy them, but think they are good. It's the very reason fans won't get an X film on the level of the new Batman trilogy or Avengers, because we say these X movies are good, so they will stay in line with we've already been given; mediocre action movies.
    7 is barely decent to you and mediocre??? For me 7 is good, not great.

7 is barely decent to you and mediocre??? For me 7 is good, not great.
    A 7 is decent, but if most gave First Class a 7 i'd have no complaints about it being overrated. But many feel its better than that and to me that's overrating a film that is mediocre or at best just decent.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_amazing_spider_man/

Down to a 75 percent on RT but the 4 new rotten reviews are all the same shit that it's too soon for another series and doesn't feel different enough. A critique I'm not going to take seriously. No shit it's the same superhero you dumbasses...how about you actually critique the film rather than giving opinions that are useless. I want to know if it's a good movie, not if it doesn't feel unique enough compared to Sam Raimi's. I loved the other Spider-Man movies so even if it does have a lot of similarities it can still be a great movie.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 06-27-2012 at 02:36 PM.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Roger Ebert gave it 3.5 / 4 stars!

One of the highest for a comic book film he's ever given.

It's going to be certified fresh on RT too.

If you read the reviews basically all the negative reviews are from people who didn't like the fact this is an origin story, and that's basically it. Other than that, they give the film great reviews!

Getting tix for tonight in 3D since this was shot with James Cameron 3D technology.
    Last edited by Noah Rose; 07-02-2012 at 01:36 PM.