Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Euroleague

Default Euroleague

First game is today.

Fenerbah

Default Re: Euroleague

wow, I didn't even remember that Euroleague was starting this week. I have to stop working that much

TAU leads Fenerbah

TAU beats Fenerbah

Good High School Starter la bomba's Avatar

yes they are looking more and more like the nba.as from last year they start the season with a game on the monday.I am sure soon they will play in a neutral venue to promote themselves like the nba

It's obvious that Bertomeu's and Euroleague's goal is to promote the basketball in Europe and he's doing that by sending top european clubs, like this year Barcelona, Rytas and Maccabi to play overseas with NBA clubs, Nets and Heat games in Paris and London this preseason, etc...I wouldn't be surprised if NBA and Euroleague would become some joint competition in the future - european club owners and managers are attracting even NBA superstars into their respective teams, offering billions of euros Being an european I'm liking this situation, as we will get to see more quality players and better revenue here in old continent

Quote Originally Posted by madmax
    It's obvious that Bertomeu's and Euroleague's goal is to promote the basketball in Europe and he's doing that by sending top european clubs, like this year Barcelona, Rytas and Maccabi to play overseas with NBA clubs, Nets and Heat games in Paris and London this preseason, etc...I wouldn't be surprised if NBA and Euroleague would become some joint competition in the future - european club owners and managers are attracting even NBA superstars into their respective teams, offering billions of euros Being an european I'm liking this situation, as we will get to see more quality players and better revenue here in old continent
    Well I am a european and I am hating it.I like Bertomeu's work with the euroleague,but I don't want it to be a branch of the NBA or the basketball to turn into the farce played in the NBA.I like traditional european basketball and especially their open competition formats and not the closed shops of franchises in the NBA.Keep national leagues going and let teams qualify for european comps.

Cibona leads Maccabi 20-17

mms://s18wm.castup.net/994090002-52.wmv

Good win by Cibona. Barca proved too strong for Nancy and once again I would like to ask Bertomeu what the **** do we have two french teams in the league for?? atleast 4 russian teams,1 lithuanian if not two,and a plethora of other european teams are better than any french team!!!!!
    Looks like Ilyasova will be on his way to the NBA next year as he is playing really well now,compared to when Ivanovic was at barca,same can be said about Fran Vazquez(that is that he is playing a lot better,dont know about going to NBA though).
    Perhaps the disappointment was that there were too many blow outs by the big clubs,a clear indication of a breach opening up(partly because of allowing **** teams like the french).Jennings had a baptism of fire with Roma,3-9 fgs and 0 assists.I think he doesn't realise yet how good this move will be to his grounding as a player!!i think he has made a great choice.he will become a better player.

I rule the local playground b.jerk's Avatar

Jennings will be better for playing with professionals, he's struggling now but when he makes it to the nba he'll get it

Quote Originally Posted by b.jerk
    Jennings will be better for playing with professionals, he's struggling now but when he makes it to the nba he'll get it
    can't disagree, my point exactly.

How many of you think Nancy will win a game this year in the euroleague?? I reckon they are unbelievably weak for this competition.They could make this competition tougher ,its a shame that we have teams like nancy or any other french team.

I rule the local playground b.jerk's Avatar

Le Manns is worse

Quote Originally Posted by b.jerk
    Le Manns is worse
    it would probably the only good game they would be involved in, a dogfight for who is the worst. Le mans V nancy bring it on.

Current standings

Group A W L +/-
    *Olympiacos 6 2 +90
    *Unicaja 6 2 +49
    *Maccabi 5 3 +14
    *Cibona 5 3 -7
    Air Avellino 2 6 -60
    Le Mans 0 8 -86

Group B W L +/-
    *Barcelona 7 1 +129
    *Montepaschi 6 2 +56