Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    #Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Default Re: Derrick Williams to Sacramento

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak
    but Williams cant shoot like 2Pat. Not sure of his rebounding ability (really, I don't know how good of a rebounder Williams is). He's more athletic than 2Pat, but he isn the same shooter.

And I don't care about where they were picked. Imagine this trade:
    Hasheem Thabeet for Paul Millsap and Marc Gasol.

That's a #2 overall for 2 2nd rnders.
    Fair enough but I still think he's more than worth a look, if he plays the 3 we got crazy athletic ability on the wings with him and Mac and maybe reinsert 2Pat into the starting line up since JT has decided to be awful again giving us shooting and more threats on offense. To me while the defense has sucked the offense has been even worse, we defend ok when everyone plays hard we don't play good offense period.

If players like Dudley, Matt Barnes,PJ Tucker, Earl Clark, Alonzo Gee, Morris bro's can effectively play the 3 there's no question in my mind Williams can, I seen him earlier this year slow down Durrant.
    Last edited by andremiller07; 11-26-2013 at 10:20 PM.

Good college starter Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by La Frescobaldi
    I can't tell for sure but I think you may be undervaluing Derrick Williams.
    well, I hope so. Well, I don't think I'm undervaluing his talent, if I'm undervaluing anything it's his fit on the Kings and what they needed. If he can become a definitive #2 scorer for the starters, then I'll call the trade a wash at worst, since that is something they need. But I still think the Kings would've been better served to stick w/ Prince Luc's elite D and continue McLemore's development.

If Williams does become a nice go-to scorer to supplement Cousins, wouldn't that just stunt McLemore's touches and development??

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    we defend ok when everyone plays hard we don't play good offense period.
    yeah, I agree on that. Like I said, I hope Williams can succeed in the scorer role. I especially hope that actually makes a difference for the team.
    Last edited by Dr. Cheesesteak; 11-26-2013 at 10:25 PM.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

well, I hope so. Well, I don't think I'm undervaluing his talent, if I'm undervaluing anything it's his fit on the Kings and what they needed. If he can become a definitive #2 scorer for the starters, then I'll call the trade a wash at worst, since that is something they need. But I still think the Kings would've been better served to stick w/ Prince Luc's elite D and continue McLemore's development.

If Williams does become a nice go-to scorer to supplement Cousins, wouldn't that just stunt McLemore's touches and development??
    If it does your coach needs to be pole-axed.

No in the long run I look at Ben Mac as a elite 3rd option he's not a guy that needs the ball or can create for himself, he's a catch n go player if anything this takes pressure off him allowing him to play more freely. Ben needs players like Cousins, Thomas and Derrick Williams in the game so teams can't focus on him that''s when he will thrive kind of like Ray Allen on the Celtics.

With LRMAM and JT out there he was looked at as the #2 option something he can't do atm and he still looks real nervous out there.
    Last edited by andremiller07; 11-26-2013 at 10:28 PM.

Decent college freshman

Default Re: Wolves have traded Derrick Williams to Kings for Luc Mbah a Moute

Surely we could have at least got cash or a late round pick for Williams.

I never thought this guy got a fair run with us.

Kings got a steal here.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Easy8
    Surely we could have at least got cash or a late round pick for Williams.

I never thought this guy got a fair run with us.

Kings got a steal here.
    I think there's more to come in Minnesota. They are trying to build a playoff team and Williams isn't part of that, they need powerful defense most of all at this point.

Am I the only one who think's Derrick Williams beard/goatie looks fairly beast?

It's not to much like Harden or to long like Salmons it just right imo, if anything regardless of play got to respect that beard.

If I had to make a prediction, I'd say Derrick Williams is starting at SF Friday. That's what Malone's comments seemed to suggest to me.
    Derrick Williams will wear #13 jersey with the Sacramento Kings #NBAKings
    So looks like they def plan on giving him a good shot @SF which could mean John Salmons be the back up SG with D-Will and Outlaw now being the main SF's.

High School Varsity 6th Man Miles and Miles's Avatar

So looks like they def plan on giving him a good shot @SF which could mean John Salmons be the back up SG with D-Will and Outlaw now being the main SF's.
    Man I hope not. I was hoping this would move Salmons to the bench. He hasn't done anything for us and doesn't really care. Even his D has been bad.

PG: Vasquez, Thomas
    SG: Ben M, Jimmer
    SF: Williams, Outlaw
    PF: JT, Patterson
    C: DMC, JT, Hamaday

Stuck on bench: Chuck, Salmons, Thorton

Is that wishful thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by Miles and Miles

Is that wishful thinking?
    I would say it's common sense rather than wishful thinking, imo once Landry comes back Chuck is all gone in terms of playing time and sadly they are still reluctant to give Jimmer time as the back up.

Dude looked super out there 2night with Mclemore they put on a alley hoop exhibition on the Clippers.

One thing that's really shocked me was his passing/playmaking ability from what I seen in Minny he never really exhibited that, he literally had 3-4 excellent passes, he played the SF and he looks like a handful him being so physically gifted he can literally overpower 95% of SF's and he's got a good first step. Shot looks bit broken but his size/rebounding/passing from the SF spot looked good he looks like a big natural SF to me.

Maybe he just played better than normal but the kid looks good no doubt to me he will help us big time.

He was a great shooter in college, he just needs to get comfortable and find his role in the team. With some consistent minutes he should play great, he did really well for his first game with minimal plays actually drawn up for him.

Dude looked super out there 2night with Mclemore they put on a alley hoop exhibition on the Clippers.

One thing that's really shocked me was his passing/playmaking ability from what I seen in Minny he never really exhibited that, he literally had 3-4 excellent passes, he played the SF and he looks like a handful him being so physically gifted he can literally overpower 95% of SF's and he's got a good first step. Shot looks bit broken but his size/rebounding/passing from the SF spot looked good he looks like a big natural SF to me.

Maybe he just played better than normal but the kid looks good no doubt to me he will help us big time.
    As I said before dude is good he just doesn't fit Wolves. His passing is nowhere close to Budinger, nor shooting. He's very streaky but even that may be due merely to limited playing time..... kinda doubt it though, he played a lot last year and that symptom remained. He has weaknesses that will be exposed as you will see over the season but nothing that can't be fixed imo.
    Wolves need D, no doubt about that. That is why they are losing games, plain and simple, although Love has stepped his own defense up considerably.