Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default Re: Commentary: A new Dirk Nowitzki? Not so much

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalNemesis
    You clearly have an agenda against him. If anything, he gets a lot of heat for being a Dirk fan. He constantly gets trashed on by the board (most of them are Laker fans) for defending Dirk Nowitzki. For example... He kept on saying Dirk was better than Kobe in the clutch and the entire board laughed at him. You don't know shit. He also said when Dirk retires he'll be a top 25 player ever, and people laughed at him again.
    Only on ISH......I'm accused of being a Dirk homer all the time. Now I'm not a Dirk fan.....what?

Its hilarious. Talk about being ahead of the curve. I've been saying these things about Dirk for years.....but especially on here all year.

Dirk and the Mavs actually clutch? Said it all year. Laughed at.
    Dirk top 25 all time when he's done? Said it all year. Laughed at.

The only thing I've been behind the curve on is the rest of these guys on the team. But I love continuing to be amaze by Terry and Barea. The simple fact remains that this Mavs team is not as good as we are playing. There was a reason people thought we would lost to the Blazers (me included) and why other fans wanted the Mavs in the playoffs.

Its a sad day here when you have to be a blatant homer to prove what kind of fan you are.

And that study I posted just proves my points I've made all year. Now there is a ton evidence for that. Dirk's help compared to the other great players of the las 20 years has been a joke. Just check the numbers. When Dirk plays a subpar game, the Mavs win less than any other team on that list. 17% of the time the Mavs win when Dirk is off. Compare that to Kobe. Kobe's teams win 45% of the time.

LOL.....and people have the audacity to claim Dirk has played with similar help. What?

But mark my words, if Dirk ever plays a poor game or the Mavs lose......all of this talk will stop and you'll get the same idiotic posters here and people in the media trying to tear him down.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Only on ISH......I'm accused of being a Dirk homer all the time. Now I'm not a Dirk fan.....what?

Its hilarious. Talk about being ahead of the curve. I've been saying these things about Dirk for years.....but especially on here all year.

The only thing I've been behind the curve on is the rest of these guys on the team. But I love continuing to be amaze by Terry and Barea. The simple fact remains that this Mavs team is not as good as we are playing. There was a reason people thought we would lost to the Blazers (me included) and why other fans wanted the Mavs in the playoffs.

Its a sad day here when you have to be a blatant homer to prove what kind of fan you are.

And that study I posted just proves my points I've made all year. Now there is a ton evidence for that. Dirk's help compared to the other great players of the las 20 years has been a joke. Just check the numbers. When Dirk plays a subpar game, the Mavs win less than any other team on that list. 17% of the time the Mavs win when Dirk is off. Compare that to Kobe. Kobe's teams win 45% of the time.

LOL.....and people have the audacity to claim Dirk has played with similar help. What?

But mark my words, if Dirk ever plays a poor game or the Mavs lose......all of this talk will stop and you'll get the same idiotic posters here and people in the media trying to tear him down.
    preach on!

Banned

Default Re: Column: A new Dirk Nowitzki? Not so much

Dirk is something else

Learning to shoot layups

So many people are idiots and only judge players on winning series and getting rings. Dirk is not really playing any better than he ever does, his team is just winning now because they have the right pieces. Dirk always puts up numbers like that, see game 1 of RD. 1 last year. 12/14 and 36 points. He's a consistent, efficient, clutch playoff performer and always has been. (Except for GoldenState I suppose).

How does my Dirk taste creepingdeath's Avatar

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

still the same old Dirk

choked when the game's on the line. I'm rooting for him though but it's like a Greek tragedy you already know what's gonna happen

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    still the same old Dirk

choked when the game's on the line. I'm rooting for him though but it's like a Greek tragedy you already know what's gonna happen
    not sure if serious.

down 6 and dirk scored 2 points. thats not choking. you need to look up the definition.

how many did Dirk have in the 4th? 16?

Holy shit.

Why are the standards so high for such a bad player? Think about it.

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    still the same old Dirk

The game was pretty much over and Dirk makes a smart move and goes to the line for 3 free throws and misses one, and now he gets hated on for it.

Did I call it or what?

Told you. Being called a choker after a great 4th qtr and once again got no help in a loss. As usual.

Serious playground baller

[/B]

Did I call it or what?

Told you. Being called a choker after a great 4th qtr and once again got no help in a loss. As usual.
    He stepped up in the 4th and made a big time 3 free throw play when it was pretty much over. And now he gets called a choker for missing one of them. It's not like this play was even expected. He made a smart move and came just short of making it a 3 point game and gets hated on for it. Unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Dirk
    He stepped up in the 4th and made a big time 3 free throw play when it was pretty much over. And now he gets called a choker for missing one of them. It's not like this play was even expected. He made a smart move and came just short of making it a 3 point game and gets hated on for it. Unbelievable.

its been happening his entire career. no matter what he does. what people don't realize is that its clutch to score 2 points out of that possession....thats clutch.

missing the free throw hurt our chances a little, but lets not act like it decided the game. you can't choke being down 6 there. its impossible. you have to actually be in position to win or tie a game to choke.....people really need to look up the definition of the word. they are confused.

3-time NBA All-Star

[/B]

Did I call it or what?

Just unbelieveable. I can just see it now. Somehow the Mavs win this series, and play Miami in the Finals. Dirk will have a great series (maybe 35, 12, .575 or so), and in game seven, he will put up a 45 point game, ...BUT, he will miss a game winning shot from 28 ft. while being double-teamed, his team will lose the game...

and this site will be inundated with Dirk "the choker" posts.

Deja vu...

reminds me so much of Wilt's career. No matter what he did, it was never enough. And no matter how poorly his teammates were, or how poorly they played...it was ALWAYS Wilt's fault when his team lost.

I am praying that Dirk wins a ring this year. Otherwise, he may never win one, and he will always be labeled a "choker." Years from now, whenever a player has an awful game, or post-season, the media will say that that player "pulled a Nowitzki."

I am just so sick of this nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by jlauber
    Just unbelieveable. I can just see it now. Somehow the Mavs win this series, and play Miami in the Finals. Dirk will have a great series (maybe 35, 12, .575 or so), and in game seven, he will put up a 45 point game, ...BUT, he will miss a game winning shot from 28 ft. while being double-teamed, his team will lose the game...

Deja vu...

reminds me so much of Wilt's career. No matter what he did, it was never enough. And no matter how poorly his teammates were, or how poorly they played...it was ALWAYS Wilt's fault when his team lost.

I am praying that Dirk wins a ring this year. Otherwise, he may never win one, and he will always be labeled a "choker." Years from now, whenever a player has an awful game, or post-season, the media will say that that player "pulled a Nowitzki."

29 points on 10 of 17 shooting and 16 4th qtr points. and he's being blamed.

meanwhile

kidd/marion/terry/stevenson combine for:

12 of 38 shooting and the perimeter defense gets rocked by harden/maynor.

hilarious. i almost enjoy it now. its so absurd its hard not to just laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by jlauber

Deja vu...

They are now claiming that Terry was better than Dirk in 06.......

Did I call this or what. I told everyone here what would happen, but its even worse than I expected. Now people are trying to claim that Jason Terry was "the man" on the 06 Mavs. Wow.