Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5121314151617 LastLast
    Mentally-ill retard who won't stop bashing Dwight Howard

Default Re: Rockets and Tracy McGrady agree to try to part ways (Dec 28)

76ers are throwing in big names other than Dalembert now..

According to a source close to the situation, the Houston Rockets have said they would only consider shipping McGrady to the Sixers if the Sixers "knocked the Rockets over" with the amount of young talent included in the deal.

The source said that the teams have not spoken in "more than a week," but that a deal involving Iguodala "has a chance."

The Rockets, one of only a handful of NBA teams willing to take on salary, would have to be overwhelmed by the talent included - perhaps power forward Thaddeus Young, point guard Lou Williams, or center Marreese Speights - to take on contracts for McGrady's expiring deal.

The same source said the Rockets were unwilling to trade McGrady for Sixers center Samuel Dalembert and power forward Elton Brand, although the source confirmed that the Sixers have been trying to unload both players.

Welcome to the New Age Raj Da Dodge's Avatar

If we get Iggy for t-mac, I'm gonna cry and get a heart attack...

LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

I think you'll be alright then....

It takes Iggy 40 minutes to get those 18 points a game.....
    Iggy does more than score. Its closer to 19-20ppg in 40mins but he does other things as well. He was nor has ever been looked at as a big scoring threat. So why now? It took Pippen the same amount of mins to score 19-21ppg. Yet that was never a big deal. Why? Really not a question that needs to be answered. You know the answer and it applies to Iggy.

if the sixers give up thad or speights i will be pissed

Da Mavs

The Sixers would just dump Iggy? That's surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Iggy does more than score. Its closer to 19-20ppg in 40mins but he does other things as well. He was nor has ever been looked at as a big scoring threat. So why now? It took Pippen the same amount of mins to score 19-21ppg. Yet that was never a big deal. Why? Really not a question that needs to be answered. You know the answer and it applies to Iggy.
    are u basically saying that Iggy is a young pippen??? Or is like Pippen?

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    This confirms that I was right all along. Houston is not going to have any real cap space no matter what they do and Morey knows it. So he's going to take on contracts for talent and stay over the cap.

However, he's putting himself into another McGrady situation. Iggy is overpaid and a looooooong contract. I know Morey has a hard on for versatile players but really? Plus all the other guys he'll have to take back? I don't know......It takes Iggy 40 minutes to get those 18 points a game.....

Yet he won't take Jeffries one year of contract....please......

Philly I'm sure doesn't want to give up big time talent, but clearly whatever Philly is doing is not working. "Starting over" and clearing $23 million next year from payroll isn't worst idea.
    See, this is why we pay Morey the big bucks.

I remember how much you pushed Curry for T-mac this summer thinking we were going to suck, but look at the faith Houston put in our players and we have a great team. I think I'll trust Morey, even though I'm not a huge Andre fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Raj Da Dodge
    are u basically saying that Iggy is a young pippen??? Or is like Pippen?
    I believe he is saying that he is a versatile 'pippen like' player, in that he defends well, passes, rebounds, makes good athletic plays, leads the break, finshes the break, etc. So points aren't everything with him.

And I think he would be good in Houston, playing off Ming.

Just not at that price.

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    I believe he is saying that he is a versatile 'pippen like' player, in that he defends well, passes, rebounds, makes good athletic plays, leads the break, finshes the break, etc. So points aren't everything with him.

And I think he would be good in Houston, playing off Ming.

Just not at that price.
    ohhh yea true true...yea i get what you're saying now...

I dont think Iggy's contract is that bad in comparison to others. And at the end of the day? For what you think he is actually worth? He would have never recieved much like any NBA player. Basically Sixers dont pay him what they did, someone else would have. Now that doesnt mean you cant say nor is justification he isnt overpaid to you. But it keeps in perspective NBA contracts in the game right now. Look at Richard Jefferson? Is he overpaid or paid fairly?

Iggy to me is Lebron lite, only he should never be forced to play SG moreso SF. And he would be more valuable as a #2 or #3 player on a team. When I say 33, I'm speaking a trio of players who tend to compliment one another in some way. I mean shyt, Caron Butler, Twan Jamison, Gilbert Arenas. Jason Kidd, Rjeff, Kmart. Something along those lines. Asking him to be your franchise? Asking him to carry your team? Thats not him no matter how he tries to be that kind of player.

He can be what Lamar Odumb has been for teams in his career.

Quote Originally Posted by ElPigto
    See, this is why we pay Morey the big bucks.

I remember how much you pushed Curry for T-mac this summer thinking we were going to suck, but look at the faith Houston put in our players and we have a great team. I think I'll trust Morey, even though I'm not a huge Andre fan.
    I know Morey is smart. I just underestimated how desperate some teams are to throw excellent talent his way and also Morey's willingness to take back big time long term contracts. Morey, to me, is a value trader. He wants guys at the right price. That's why going for Iggy is odd for me. Seems unMorey like.

From Adrian Wojashdoshdousn's Twitter account:

@WojYahooNBA

As Wiz move to demolish roster, front office is seriously exploring a deal for T-Mac's expiring deal, sources say. Butler likely bait.

http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA

Are you serious? 2 teams desperate to make a move. Oh boy, Butler or Iguodala.....why isn't there a salivating icon?

Quote Originally Posted by brantonli
    From Adrian Wojashdoshdousn's Twitter account:

@WojYahooNBA

As Wiz move to demolish roster, front office is seriously exploring a deal for T-Mac's expiring deal, sources say. Butler likely bait.

Are you serious? 2 teams desperate to make a move. Oh boy, Butler or Iguodala.....why isn't there a salivating icon?
    I would rather have Iggy than Butler cuz Iggy's younger than Butler.

Quote Originally Posted by Raj Da Dodge
    I would rather have Iggy than Butler cuz Iggy's younger than Butler.
    I think it's almost a miracle that Morey can pick and choose his trades for a guy like McGrady.