View Single Post
Old 08-16-2007, 06:14 AM   #40
Dodonpa
I rule the local playground

Default Re: Question about White/Black issue

You want prove? Sure, let me open your eyes.

http://www.usimmigrationsupport.org/...on_mexico.html

Don't know if the vocab might be too hard for you. It only touches a TINY bit on why they want to move here.

and
http://usliberals.about.com/od/immig...llegalImmi.htm

Quote:
Widespread Poverty and Hunger in Mexico
According to the World Bank, 53% of Mexico' population of 104 million residents live in poverty, which is defined as living on less than $2 a day. Close to 24% of Mexico's population live in extreme poverty, which means they live on less than $1 a day.

The bottom 40% of Mexican households share less than 11% of the country's wealth. Millions live in extreme poverty,and children are compelled to work on the streets in order to help provide food for their families.

Unemployment in Mexico is realistically estimated near 40%, and there are no government unemployment benefits. There are also virtually no welfare benefits to provide the basics for poverty-stricken, often-starving women, children and families.

To complicate economic matters more, Mexico's 1994-95 privatization of its banking and telecommunications industries thrust millions more into poverty with increased consumer prices, rising unemployment and wage and benefit cuts.

Mexico's massive privatizations in 1994-95 also created a new privileged class of home-grown millionaires and billionaires. As of 2002, Mexico ranked fourth in the world in billionaires, behind the US, Japan and Germany.

To summarize thusfar, millions of Mexican families live in soul-stripping poverty...unemployed, hungry, without healthcare...and the US border with Mexico is significantly under-enforced.

That is merely the surface. I do not need to do further researching, you're a youngster who haven't been educated on world issues yet. I don't blame you for that, but just do not be ignorant.
Dodonpa is offline   Reply With Quote