Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Kyrie Irving this preseason

Quote Originally Posted by Theoo

oh men what a loser
    A loser for what? Being born the way he's born? If anything, he's an exceptional athlete and NBA first draft pick. His body's anything but a loser.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

He played OK tonight.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    He played OK tonight.
    26 minutes, 22 points (5-8 FG, 11-11 FT, 1-1 3PT), 3 assists, 2 rebounds, 2 steals

A little better than OK, I'd say, depending on what your standards are. There is nothing wrong with Kyrie. Again, he's treating these preseason games as glorified practice, which is what they are.

CJ Miles has looked great in the preseason, btw. Maybe a change of scenery is exactly what the doctor ordered?

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    26 minutes, 22 points (5-8 FG, 11-11 FT, 1-1 3PT), 3 assists, 2 rebounds, 2 steals

A little better than OK, I'd say, depending on what your standards are. There is nothing wrong with Kyrie. Again, he's treating these preseason games as glorified practice, which is what they are.

CJ Miles has looked great in the preseason, btw. Maybe a change of scenery is exactly what the doctor ordered?
    It was sarcasm.

It was sarcasm.
    Got ya.

National High School Star KDthunderup's Avatar

It was sarcasm.
    Worse use of sarcasm i have ever ****ing seen

Great college starter FatComputerNerd's Avatar

Kyrie's assist #'s will go down a bit since Waiters will be on the floor with him a lot and they will no-doubt share ball-handling duties to some extent.

Quote Originally Posted by kNIOKAS
    A loser for what? Being born the way he's born? If anything, he's an exceptional athlete and NBA first draft pick. His body's anything but a loser.
    no there were peoples here in thread make a fun of a persons pictures so i make these posts as a joke to asy that even there basketball heroes arent all a perfect 10 mens but the deleted all there posts but not mine

Quote Originally Posted by Theoo
    no there were peoples here in thread make a fun of a persons pictures so i make these posts as a joke to asy that even there basketball heroes arent all a perfect 10 mens but the deleted all there posts but not mine

i looked back and only your post with anthony david's picture was left

btw this thread was actually more fun with rrr3's picture on display. it was all fun with the guys n shiii. now it's just a pile of stinking crap. it's preseason, who cares.

Quote Originally Posted by FatComputerNerd
    Kyrie's assist #'s will go down a bit since Waiters will be on the floor with him a lot and they will no-doubt share ball-handling duties to some extent.
    Could be, but I'm banking on minutes played will cancel out any ball-handling duties being shared. One other thing that will hurt his assist numbers more than likely, though, is the loss of Jamison. Sure, he could be a black hole offensively and he was a matador on defense, but the guy can still score. It isn't all that easy to find a guy who can throw up 25-30 points on any given night.

It should be noted that the last full month he played prior to his injury, he was averaging 32+ minutes, 20 points, 6.7 assists, 5 rebounds and 1.5 steals per game.

I believe those numbers are completely in-play for Kyrie this season since he will likely by playing in that 30-35 minute per game range all year.

One last thing... Having Ramon Sessions for over half the year was a nice luxury for the rookie last year and it allowed Byron to monitor Kyrie's minutes very closely, as he had a very capable backup. There is no backup PG like Sessions on this year's roster, so if Waiters takes some of the duties away from Kyrie, it isn't necessarily something new.
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 10-17-2012 at 02:13 AM.

Could be, but I'm banking on minutes played will cancel out any ball-handling duties being shared. One other thing that will hurt his assist numbers more than likely, though, is the loss of Jamison. Sure, he could be a black hole offensively and he was a matador on defense, but the guy can still score. It isn't all that easy to find a guy who can throw up 25-30 points on any given night.

It should be noted that the last full month he played prior to his injury, he was averaging 32+ minutes, 20 points, 6.7 assists, 5 rebounds and 1.5 steals per game.

I believe those numbers are completely in-play for Kyrie this season since he will likely by playing in that 30-35 minute per game range all year.

One last thing... Having Ramon Sessions for over half the year was a nice luxury for the rookie last year and it allowed Byron to monitor Kyrie's minutes very closely, as he had a very capable backup. There is no backup PG like Sessions' on this year's roster, so if Waiters takes some of the duties away from Kyrie, it isn't necessarily something new.
    nice post.

Kyrie Irving tonight going head-to-head with one of the other top young PGs in the league...

Kyrie Irving - 28 minutes, 23 points (8-16 FG, 4-4 FT, 3-4 3PT), 3 rebounds, 2 assists
    Jrue Holiday - 25 minutes, 13 points (5-14 FG, 1-2 FT, 2-5 3PT), 4 rebounds, 4 assists

Great college starter FatComputerNerd's Avatar

Kyrie Irving tonight going head-to-head with one of the other top young PGs in the league...

Kyrie Irving - 28 minutes, 23 points (8-16 FG, 4-4 FT, 3-4 3PT), 3 rebounds, 2 assists
    Jrue Holiday - 25 minutes, 13 points (5-14 FG, 1-2 FT, 2-5 3PT), 4 rebounds, 4 assists

Kyrie FTW