Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Default Re: Ask hateraid supplement advice PtII

Quote Originally Posted by EricGordon23
    what do you know about assault? The pre workout drink.
    MusclePharm was at the brink of extinction not too long ago. This new formula Assault I don't see any unique components to it that make it special. Try our new formula Xpand 2X. you'll love it!

Quote Originally Posted by The Ownage
    Hateraid is back! Used to follow up on your thread pretty closely before.

What do you think of sesamin-related products for fat burning? I'm not trying to take any shortcuts but just can't get rid of the extra few kilo's I need to within my time limit. Do you recommend this or any other products similar to this?

Thanks for following! I wouldn't say I'm back, I just got excited to promote our new product and share new info

I honestly think it's pretty hockie. They say there are components in the lignans that goes beyond what CLA that it actually has thermogenic properties but I don't see any conclusive evidence. we've been approach to make it but don't see a value. I do however promote using fats as a part of a good diet plan. So sesame seed oil won't hurt, just don't expect it to "burn" fat.

I hope Hateraid doesn't mind me bumping this thread.

I've always worked out regularly but my eating habits became crappy once I graduated from college. A few months back I started playing basketball regularly, eating cleaner, and fine tuning my workouts and I've lost 30+ lbs and am lifting more than ever. I feel fresher in the morning, more explosive and quicker when playing basketball, and am more toned than I've ever been. Most of this has been without supplements at all except for whey protein every now and then but I'm looking to start getting more serious about supplementing my workouts.

Currently I take a multi in the morning, 1-2 fish oil pills a day, and a scoop of whey protein after my workout. Occasionally I'll drink chocolate milk instead of whey protein just to mix it up a little bit. I've got a muscular frame but I want to get more cut. I want to start taking creatine, so for my goals, what would you suggest? Any other supplements that you would suggest?

Thanks!

The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

You work for Dymatize, hateraid? Interesting that you would pimp XPand and then recommend another company's products. Talk about being a straightshooter with no agenda! Love the honesty.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    Currently I take a multi in the morning, 1-2 fish oil pills a day, and a scoop of whey protein after my workout. Occasionally I'll drink chocolate milk instead of whey protein just to mix it up a little bit. I've got a muscular frame but I want to get more cut. I want to start taking creatine, so for my goals, what would you suggest? Any other supplements that you would suggest?

Thanks!
    Creatine isn't the answer if you're looking to get more cut. It actually forces a little bit of water retention which will cause you to lose a hint of definition.

How much water do you drink on a daily basis?

Quote Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend

Creatine isn't the answer if you're looking to get more cut. It actually forces a little bit of water retention which will cause you to lose a hint of definition.

How much water do you drink on a daily basis?
    I probably should have been more clear in my post - I want to bulk up my arms and chest a little bit more while cutting fat around my abs. I know spot reduction is a myth but I've heard that creatine helps with fat loss as well?

I drink at least 8-10 glasses of water daily.

Thanks for the reply.

I hope Hateraid doesn't mind me bumping this thread.

I've always worked out regularly but my eating habits became crappy once I graduated from college. A few months back I started playing basketball regularly, eating cleaner, and fine tuning my workouts and I've lost 30+ lbs and am lifting more than ever. I feel fresher in the morning, more explosive and quicker when playing basketball, and am more toned than I've ever been. Most of this has been without supplements at all except for whey protein every now and then but I'm looking to start getting more serious about supplementing my workouts.

Thanks!
    Don't mind the bump at all.

I love creatine for any type of results. The drawback is that it volumizes the whole body composition and it can become a challenge to attain a leaner figure. But by no means is it a bulking agent if used effectively. The tricks are essentially this:

1- Drink lot's and lot's of water. Bloating comes from 2 aspects. Creatine loads water into the muscle. Plus creatine is highly acidic. Drinking water will tell your body not to withhold so much water, thus becoming a diuretic. Also drinking more water balances out the acidic affect that casues major bloating

2- Use a creatine source that's less acidic. Now all creatine is basically creatine monohydrate. The different forms are that same creatine bonded with a molecule that helps absorption or decreases acidity and the process of creatine converting to ceatinine, an unusabe highly toxic byproduct. Products like krealkelyn (creatine bonded with baking soda) and creatine HCL help the uptake with less acidity. Krealkelyn has been studied to produce a PH of above 7.

3- Take creatine POST workout. Most companies have you believe it's effective preworkout when in fact your body processes it faster post workout when your at your lowest ATP level.

4- Use good insulin mimickers and low glycemic forms of sugar. If you can try and avoid high sugar. I sometimes suggest waxy maize with vanadyl sulfate. While some may argue that waxy maize has no evidence of it working better than maltodextrin, it still is a carrier and has little impact on insulin. Vanadyl is a great insulin mimicker.

Hopefull that helps. Train and diet accordingly to your goals and you should see success. A little fat burner wouldn't hurt as well

Quote Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend
    You work for Dymatize, hateraid? Interesting that you would pimp XPand and then recommend another company's products. Talk about being a straightshooter with no agenda! Love the honesty.
    Yes I do work for Dymatize as a brand manager. Love my company, but I'll submit full disclosure on any question.

Thanks for the compliment!

Glad to see this thread as I have a few questions myself.

20 y/o 6'5" 210 with a pretty lanky body that I'm trying to pack some more muscle on. I have just enough fat around my stomach so abs aren't visible, but not by alot.

I'm planning on bulking up until around March or so. Hopefully getting up to ~220-225 without adding much fat, mostly lean gains. I'm currently taking Syntha6 protein (almost out), MusclePharm creatine (~2 months of servings left), a multi, and fish oil. I used to take jack3d when I was last lifting alot, last spring, and I liked it alot. I had some leftover, and in the last three weeks I've been working out, I didn't notice much effect.

Also, I workout 4-5 times a week, and the only cardio I get is from 15-20 mins of fairly intense shooting around pre-workout. Should I do more?

Any reccommendations for a protein powder, pre-workout, or anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    Don't mind the bump at all.

I love creatine for any type of results. The drawback is that it volumizes the whole body composition and it can become a challenge to attain a leaner figure. But by no means is it a bulking agent if used effectively. The tricks are essentially this:

1- Drink lot's and lot's of water. Bloating comes from 2 aspects. Creatine loads water into the muscle. Plus creatine is highly acidic. Drinking water will tell your body not to withhold so much water, thus becoming a diuretic. Also drinking more water balances out the acidic affect that casues major bloating

2- Use a creatine source that's less acidic. Now all creatine is basically creatine monohydrate. The different forms are that same creatine bonded with a molecule that helps absorption or decreases acidity and the process of creatine converting to ceatinine, an unusabe highly toxic byproduct. Products like krealkelyn (creatine bonded with baking soda) and creatine HCL help the uptake with less acidity. Krealkelyn has been studied to produce a PH of above 7.

3- Take creatine POST workout. Most companies have you believe it's effective preworkout when in fact your body processes it faster post workout when your at your lowest ATP level.

4- Use good insulin mimickers and low glycemic forms of sugar. If you can try and avoid high sugar. I sometimes suggest waxy maize with vanadyl sulfate. While some may argue that waxy maize has no evidence of it working better than maltodextrin, it still is a carrier and has little impact on insulin. Vanadyl is a great insulin mimicker.

Hopefull that helps. Train and diet accordingly to your goals and you should see success. A little fat burner wouldn't hurt as well
    Thanks a lot for the informative reply man, I'll definitely be following this advice. Are there any specific brands of Krealkelyn or Creatine HCl you'd suggest?

whats the best to take for gaining weight fast and affordable? please help. looking to bulk up.

Quote Originally Posted by Remix
    Glad to see this thread as I have a few questions myself.

20 y/o 6'5" 210 with a pretty lanky body that I'm trying to pack some more muscle on. I have just enough fat around my stomach so abs aren't visible, but not by alot.

I'm planning on bulking up until around March or so. Hopefully getting up to ~220-225 without adding much fat, mostly lean gains. I'm currently taking Syntha6 protein (almost out), MusclePharm creatine (~2 months of servings left), a multi, and fish oil. I used to take jack3d when I was last lifting alot, last spring, and I liked it alot. I had some leftover, and in the last three weeks I've been working out, I didn't notice much effect.

Also, I workout 4-5 times a week, and the only cardio I get is from 15-20 mins of fairly intense shooting around pre-workout. Should I do more?

Any reccommendations for a protein powder, pre-workout, or anything else?
    A lanky frame with fat around the abs is generally a telltale sign of sluggish adrenals and stress. Judging from the fact that a product like jack3d isn't effective it sounds like you adrenals are shot.
    Try a stress support product and get you adrenal glands functioning again. This will help to reverse the effects of taking consistant stimulants as well as possibly decreasing midsection fat.
    Have you tried cardio after weights?
    Optimally you want the initial supplements for preworkout to take effect before training. Doing the cardio post help due to the fact your body will convert to fat for fuel as well as burn off existing lactic acid.
    Stick to the multi and fish oil. Those are optimal.

Migh I suggest a switch from Syntha-6 to Fusion-7? Esentially the same category protein minus the fact Fusion has more fibre and less sugar. Optimal for dieting.
    Preworkout I would suggest Xpand if you want to experience the quality results over a stimulant rush. More arginine, BCAA's, and amino acids lead to more long term iproved results over tons of stims.

Thanks a lot for the informative reply man, I'll definitely be following this advice. Are there any specific brands of Krealkelyn or Creatine HCl you'd suggest?
    Krealkalyn (Ikeep getting the spelling wrong) = American EFX has the patent to the raw material and serves the purest with no fillers. I trust Flex Wheeler in what he said about the product. Rememebr, this was a world class Bodybuilder who suffered kidney dialisis. I've personally seen him take this product and trained with him

Creatine HCL= Con-crete is the company that trademarked this product.

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    whats the best to take for gaining weight fast and affordable? please help. looking to bulk up.
    Pasta, rice, pasta, and rice! Cheap by the bulk.

But if you're looking to take a supplement look for a product that has a 4:1 carb to protein ratio. This is a typical hard gainer formula. Remember this is not a meal replacement. this is on top of meals.

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    Krealkalyn (Ikeep getting the spelling wrong) = American EFX has the patent to the raw material and serves the purest with no fillers. I trust Flex Wheeler in what he said about the product. Rememebr, this was a world class Bodybuilder who suffered kidney dialisis. I've personally seen him take this product and trained with him

Creatine HCL= Con-crete is the company that trademarked this product.
    Just ordered some Krealkalyn and restocked on Dymatize whey.

I don't know if it's the Kre-Alkalyn or the placebo effect (or both) but I took one about 30-40 minutes before my workout (just this one time to see if I could feel it instantly) and was able to pump out 2-3 more reps per set at 15-20 lbs more than I usually lift. For leg exercises, I was able to hammer out all my sets without much rest and I feel a lot less tired after a pretty intense workout. This is the first day I've tried it so I'll see how the results are on it in a few weeks. Took another one after my workout.