Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 111819202122 LastLast

Default Re: Breaking Bad: Season 4 Discussion Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeN
    That has to happen. The build up to that has been ridiculous so they better execute that reveal in prime BB fashion.. If they do it right, it can be epic.
    Yeah, I don't think this will happen because it wouldn't be in line with the show's style, but I'm going to be pissed if Walt dies then Hank finds out he was Heisenberg.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Just finished season four. Didn't see that coming. Going to be interested to see what direction they go in season five now that (white text just in case) [COLOR="White"]Gus is dead. Thought they'd keep him alive and maybe go in the direction of a big stand-off between he and Walt, ending with one killing the other.[/COLOR]

What can I do for you? SuperPippen's Avatar

That's some humorous [COLOR="Black"]sh[/COLOR]it.

B-Eazy Mike Beasley MichaelCheazley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Black Joker

Laughed my ass off at the ...bitch after ever jesse pinkman line.

The "Gale Hunt" scene made me laugh the hardest. The scene at the end with Walter Jr. was really good, too. Even though he's just a kid, I'm actually kind of surprised he hasn't become corrupt and "broke bad" yet, since basically every other main character is bad.

i never watched breaking bad but i heard it's awesome.

im wondering should i start season 1?

B-Eazy Mike Beasley MichaelCheazley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by No Name

Start season one. It picks up later, but its good to watch from the start to get some sort of understanding/attachment to the situations/characters. Honestly BB is one of the, if not, the baddest show ever.

What can I do for you? SuperPippen's Avatar

Of course. Otherwise, you wouldn't fully understand the plot; nor would you be able to fully appreciate the characters.

Breaking Bad is an incredibly captivating show right from the get-go.

Banned

what a stupid question

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPippen
    Of course. Otherwise, you wouldn't fully understand the plot; nor would you be able to fully appreciate the characters.

Breaking Bad is an incredibly captivating show right from the get-go.
    Yeah, you don't start from season one you'll be lost. This is one of those shows that if you just skip one episodes you'll get confused.

i didn't actually mean i was gonna skip seasons i meant just to start the show.

and i watched the first 3 episodes and its pretty damn good.

i didn't actually mean i was gonna skip seasons i meant just to start the show.

and i watched the first 3 episodes and its pretty damn good.
    When you sit down to read a book, (very hypothetical here) do you start off at chapter 4? This aint choose your own adventure, turn to page 220 and see what happens next dummy.......start from the beginning and enjoy the masterpiece

i didn't actually mean i was gonna skip seasons
    Quote Originally Posted by macmac
    start from the beginning

3-time NBA All-Star

Just watched all 4 seasons. One of the best shows I've ever seen.

Few things I thought about, some that I don't believe have been brought up in this thread:

Does anyone remember when Mike was telling Walt that story about when he was a cop and how he regretted not doing more about that couple where the husband killed his wife? I know Mike seems like a heartless killer, but if you think about that story, does he really sound like someone that would be cool with someone ordering a hit out on a kid like Gus supposedly did at the end of season 3? And unless I'm missing something, no one, including Gus, ever confessed to what happened to that kid. Makes me think that maybe Gus had nothing to do with that. Maybe those 2 gangstas killed the kid on their own or some kind of accident happened. I'm not sure how this could be revisited in season 5 except maybe to show Walt as being more evil then Gus ever was.

I also think that Mike will definitely come back and more then likely align himself with Jesse. I'm sure everyone could see that him and Jesse were developing some kind of caring for each other. And maybe because of Mike's PI expertise, he'll somehow figure out that it was Walt that poisoned the kid in season 4 which will cause the drift between Walt and Jesse.

Its obviously clear as day to Hank and the DEA that Gus was a drug dealer since there's no other explanation for him to die in such a fashion while meeting with Tuco's Uncle and a former cartel member. But his investigation won't be over. They'll know about all those cartel members that were dead and now Gus is dead, but blue meth will still be strong. There's no way there's not some of type of showdown between Hank and Walt.

As far as the family goes, its going to be interesting to see what Skyler does at this point. She knows that Walt is responsible for 3 deaths now, and she's also indirectly responsible for Ted's death. Who knows? Maybe she'll find out that Walt was somewhat responsible for the kid's death at the end of season 3 and maybe even the plane crash in season 2. Maybe it will be a reality check for her and she'll turn against him at some point.

Or what could even be more interesting is if Walt Jr, a disabled insecure teenager with a baby sister, finds out his two parents that have cared so much for him are two morally ****ed up people and then is conflicted on what to do.

So with all that being said, I could easily see a scene where Hank is put in the middle of a Jesse/Walt showdown and doesn't know who to believe is the real bad guy, his brother-in-law or the drug dealer that indirectly lied to him that his wife was in an accident, got him suspended from work, and got him almost paralyzed (by the way, I don't remember but did we ever figure out who called Hank before he was shot? Was it Gus?). Or I could see Walt Jr. in the middle of a Hank/Walt showdown and doesn't know if he should really believe his uncle that he looks up to that his father is a crazy drug dealer.

Either way, season 5 can't come soon enough.
    Last edited by guy; 02-15-2012 at 11:27 PM.