Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FIBA ball

Default Re: FIBA ball

The GL7 is the best ball I've ever played with. It has the purest bounce off the floor and off the glass and its easier to break in then any other leather ball around. Most people hate playing with any real leather ball because they don't provide the soft tacky feel that helps you grip and catch the ball easier. But it rolls off the fingers nicely, there is no counter spin when it hits the floor like there is with composites which is why there are fewer bad bounces and it doesn't kill your finger tips. If you get used to playing with the GL7 or Spalding Official game ball you won't pay with any other ball.

Jump higher and run faster
    http://www.program51.com

Learning to shoot layups

hmm molten gm7 not regulation size?

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by KJones
    The GL7 is the best ball I've ever played with. It has the purest bounce off the floor and off the glass and its easier to break in then any other leather ball around. Most people hate playing with any real leather ball because they don't provide the soft tacky feel that helps you grip and catch the ball easier. But it rolls off the fingers nicely, there is no counter spin when it hits the floor like there is with composites which is why there are fewer bad bounces and it doesn't kill your finger tips. If you get used to playing with the GL7 or Spalding Official game ball you won't pay with any other ball.

Jump higher and run faster
    http://www.program51.com
    I agree, once those leather balls are broken-in... nothing comes close.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore ABPrints's Avatar

I have actually finally gotten to use this ball a lot more lately, not liking the bounce right now, but the floor we play on is horrible, old and needs stripped and re-done.

Quote Originally Posted by 3stat2
    I just got a GF7... and holy sh*t was it a big change. I went from a Nike Trifecta to the Molten GF7.

Like Younggrease said, the GF7 is WAY more slippery - so much so that I tossed up a lot of airballs (due to the ball slipping out of my hands during the release) before getting used to it. The first time I tried one of the slicker Molten balls, I hated it because they'd just slip out your hands easily once sweat got on them.

But it's been good for my shooting form - I've had to pay special attention to my finger positioning, keeping my elbow and hand in line, and getting the ball at the right position before my release. Whereas with the old ball, I could get away with a nonperfect form because it wasn't slick at all. Once sweat gets on the GF7, you gotta be careful.

Overall, I like it - it's forced me to improve my form and ball control. And the way I see it, if you're used to practicing with a slicker/more slippery ball, things can only get better when you use one with more grip. Should come in handy once our season starts again.

And jezz66, I wouldn't recommend wasting a Jordan ball on concrete. Well, if it's relatively smooth concrete you could get away with it. But on asphalt, it's going to get ripped up after a few months.

I am also using FIBA Molten GF7. It's very light compared to the Leather Spalding.

Banned

Got given a Size 7 Indoor/Outdoor Molten a couple of years ago, can't remember the name GF/GM etc. but it was a legit one ($80-100) and that thing just kept soldiering on. Would use it every day with mates on outdoor bitumen courts and never had any problems with it rain or shine, in fact i think it's still hanging around the backyard full of air except very bouncy. Anyway would recommend this ball to anyone

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

loved this ball