Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Default Re: Trevor Ariza to sign with the Rockets

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi
    So what does he play for the Rockets? SF or SG? Do you bring him off the bench or does he start in the place of Battier.
    I would guess playing him SG since that's is more natural position and play Battier at SF since that his most natural position.

Playoffs? Playoffs!!! Mississippi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    I would guess playing him SG since that's is more natural position and play Battier at SF since that his most natural position.
    Ariza improved on his jumpshot alot but he's still a terrible shooter. He benefited from the presence of Kobe which left him open often. The Rockets have no one who will command a double team so he's going to have a far difficult time getting buckets.

SG? lol

That's not his natural position. He would look so awkward playing SG, it just wouldn't work.

I think the Rockets have a lot of other moves to figure out before I can an understand how the team will shape up.

Quote Originally Posted by ElPigto
    SG? lol

That's not his natural position. He would look so awkward playing SG, it just wouldn't work.

I think the Rockets have a lot of other moves to figure out before I can an understand how the team will shape up.
    SG is his natural position.

SG is his natural position.
    How do you figure?

He has no ball handling skills, he can't shoot off the dribble, hell it was only till this year he could shoot a three point shot consistently.

He might have played SG in UCLA (don't even know about that) but that still doesn't make his natural position SG.

How do you figure?

He has no ball handling skills, he can't shoot off the dribble, hell it was only till this year he could shoot a three point shot consistently.

He might have played SG in UCLA (don't even know about that) but that still doesn't make his natural position SG.
    His natural position is SG.

His natural position is SG.
    So I guess this is how you boost your post count.

So I guess this is how you boost your post count.
    That one hurt me bad there. You just crushed my self-esteem. Whether Ariza is a natural SG or not is beside the point. It's obviously they should use his as a SG since he cuts to the basket way better than Battier does. Battier lives on the perimeter and that's about it for his offensive game. At least Ariza has the athletic ability to at least go to the hoop.

That one hurt me bad there. You just crushed my self-esteem.
    Self esteem, didn't know you had one?

Self esteem, didn't know you had one?
    Damn, that hurts too. I don't have a heart, but it hurts. Damn.

That one hurt me bad there. You just crushed my self-esteem. Whether Ariza is a natural SG or not is beside the point. It's obviously they should use his as a SG since he cuts to the basket way better than Battier does. Battier lives on the perimeter and that's about it for his offensive game. At least Ariza has the athletic ability to at least go to the hoop.
    No it's not beside the point. You made a claim and I ask you to explain why he is a natural SG. Just because he can cut to the basket does not make him an SG. There is also no indication that the Rockets brought him here to start at SG. I wouldn't be surprised to see Shane come off the bench. The Rockets have many unproven SG's, but hell sometimes you have to plug one of them hoping one of them works out.

No it's not beside the point. You made a claim and I ask you to explain why he is a natural SG. Just because he can cut to the basket does not make him an SG. There is also no indication that the Rockets brought him here to start at SG. I wouldn't be surprised to see Shane come off the bench. The Rockets have many unproven SG's, but hell sometimes you have to plug one of them hoping one of them works out.
    Is this all you can do is log on and argue about this? Whether he's a SG or not? Is this it? This is why you logged on ISH today? If this is all you want to do, fine...you're right. He's not a natural SG, you are correct sir. You win. I hope this helps you in life. Now piss off and let me be with my no self-esteem self.
    Last edited by Meticode; 07-03-2009 at 09:44 AM.

I rule the local playground

Ariza improved on his jumpshot alot but he's still a terrible shooter. He benefited from the presence of Kobe which left him open often. The Rockets have no one who will command a double team so he's going to have a far difficult time getting buckets.
    I told myself the entire season that "one of these days Ariza will just run out of luck and will stop hitting the threes", but it never happened! I am absolutely amazed how such a terrible free-throw shooter (<70%) can go 40-84 from the 3-point line in the playoffs.

Playoffs? Playoffs!!! Mississippi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Torious
    I told myself the entire season that "one of these days Ariza will just run out of luck and will stop hitting the threes", but it never happened! I am absolutely amazed how such a terrible free-throw shooter (<70%) can go 40-84 from the 3-point line in the playoffs.
    Like I said in a previous post he benefited from Kobe. Defenses didn't respect his jumpshot. You put a hand in his face and he does not make those shots.

Like I said in a previous post he benefited from Kobe. Defenses didn't respect his jumpshot. You put a hand in his face and he does not make those shots.
    So basically you feel he's going to be worse offensively this season compared to last season and his offensive success pretty much was a product of Kobe Bryant?