Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Posterize's Pro Prospects

Dionte Christmas, SG, Temple

The guy I know the most about in the draft, and yes this will be longer than any other player's review. I actually believed he was a little shorter but he measured out well for a 2 guard at the pre-draft measurements (6'4

Good college starter

Christmas' background as a player looks pretty similar to Michael Redd's. Wouldn't suprise me at all to see him end up as a better NBA player than most of the SGs picked in the 1st round.

Maybe I value shooting too much but I just don't like Henderson/T. Williams that much for that one specific reason, especially Williams. Seems like the guy is scared to shoot the ball.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Posterize246
    I think it was the Pacers forum I posted in saying that T-Will would be good for them. But I forgot about Brandon Rush. What's going on with him? He had some great games (statistically) at the end of the year.

edit: It seems Williams is moving up some mocks. draftexpress now has him going to the Pacers
    Back in Kansas working out, specifically his ball handling. He's up and down as a player, can take himself out of games when his shot isn't falling, but when it is he can be a force. Has confidence problems in short.

I've seen mentions of Williams having potential character problems, but can't find anything that's specific. Anyone know much about that? Just poor interviews or what?

Also, I've read that Indy wants Tyreke Evans fairly bad. With DC willing to move their pick, I could see a swap brewing. What it would entail, I have no clue. But it's possible.
    Last edited by InspiredLebowski; 06-01-2009 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Back in Kansas working out, specifically his ball handling. He's up and down as a player, can take himself out of games when his shot isn't falling, but when it is he can be a force. Has confidence problems in short.

I've seen mentions of Williams having potential character problems, but can't find anything that's specific. Anyone know much about that? Just poor interviews or what?

Also, I've read that Indy wants Tyreke Evans fairly bad. With DC willing to move their pick, I could see a swap brewing. What it would entail, I have no clue. But it's possible.
    What's O'Brien's contract look like now?

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Posterize246
    What's O'Brien's contract look like now?
    Final year this season. Short of a 50 win season I don't see him coming back. Seems like he and Bird don't see eye to eye on certain things. Dick Harter's more or less the defensive coordinator but Bird doesn't think Obie's giving him say in the system. That and it seems like they both knew O'Brien was just a transitional coach to help with the housecleaning process, neither had any real long term aspirations.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Final year this season. Short of a 50 win season I don't see him coming back. Seems like he and Bird don't see eye to eye on certain things. Dick Harter's more or less the defensive coordinator but Bird doesn't think Obie's giving him say in the system. That and it seems like they both knew O'Brien was just a transitional coach to help with the housecleaning process, neither had any real long term aspirations.
    That's the same way Philly used him, transition. He inherited a 33 win team, turned them into a 43 win team in his only season, and was fired because the hometown favorite Mo Cheeks became available. Always had a soft spot for JOB after that because I didn't think he got the respect he deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by dak121
    Christmas' background as a player looks pretty similar to Michael Redd's. Wouldn't suprise me at all to see him end up as a better NBA player than most of the SGs picked in the 1st round.

Maybe I value shooting too much but I just don't like Henderson/T. Williams that much for that one specific reason, especially Williams. Seems like the guy is scared to shoot the ball.
    Redd had the advantage of learning behind a HOF guy in Ray Allen. Had to have helped him somewhat.

I'd take Dionte before I took Chase Budinger and Toney Douglas. I don't know enough about Marcus Thornton or Jermaine Taylor to say anything about them.

James Johnson, F, Wake Forest

I really, really like this kid. Has a great all-around game as a small forward and is built like a tank, just pure muscle. But his size doesn't slow him down in the full court as he has great end to end speed. His size, strength, and speed is what makes him so intriguing. Measured a near 6'8

Good college starter

I can see Johnson as a PF in the Diaw/Rodney Rogers mold. He has good perimeter skills but he's 250 lbs. That kind of size needs to be in the post.

I would love to see the Bulls draft either him or Hansbrough at #16. I can see both of them beating out Thomas for the starting PF job eventually.

Singletary was traded to the Bobcats, Dragic hasn't played all that well when given meaningful minutes and Barbosa is more of a two guard anyway. I think the Suns will go with a point guard unless someone like Earl Clark falls to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    Singletary was traded to the Bobcats, Dragic hasn't played all that well when given meaningful minutes and Barbosa is more of a two guard anyway. I think the Suns will go with a point guard unless someone like Earl Clark falls to them.
    Yeah Barbosa is more of a shoot first guy, but he can handle the ball. Who's going to fill in at SF? Dudley? Add in the fact that you can't always count on Grant's health. Earl Clark is another guy that could go there if he fell, but if Clark is gone and Johnson is there I see JJ in their future.

Banned

Could you do one on Evans and DeRozan

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop_Cat
    Could you do one on Evans and DeRozan
    I'll do one on Evans for sure. My post on Derozan will probably be short though.

Austin Daye, F, Gonzaga

One of the players in the draft who I don't really expect to live up to a lot of the hype he's been given. Tested extremely poor in the predraft measurements. Was only 192 lbs despite his 6'10” frame, weighing even less than PG's Jonny Flynn and Ty Lawson. Showed off an extremely poor max vert (28.0 inches), was unable to bench 185 lbs even one time, finished 2nd to Jordan Hill in the agility drill, and dead last in the
    Last edited by Posterize246; 06-03-2009 at 04:48 PM.

The champ is here. The Big Skinny's Avatar

[QUOTE=Posterize246]

Austin Daye, F, Gonzaga

One of the players in the draft who I don't really expect to live up to a lot of the hype he's been given. Tested extremely poor in the predraft measurements. Was only 192 lbs despite his 6'10