Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Default Re: Rockets waive Luther Head

Quote Originally Posted by SCY
    If he goes to the Spurs, I'm gonna be pissed. Boo f'ing hoo if he wants playing time, you don't throw a rival conference team a bone.
    So the Rockets should keep him on the bench just so a rival conference team doesn't get him? I rather have them free up space so we can add a player ourselves. I much rather see James White get a 10 day than to have Head sit there and waste space. We're talking about LUTHER HEAD here. I highly doubt hes the missing piece the Spurs need to win the title.

a contender would be stupid to sign to luther head unless you need an injury reserve that badly...

Put yr guns up

Quote Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
    So the Rockets should keep him on the bench just so a rival conference team doesn't get him? I rather have them free up space so we can add a player ourselves. I much rather see James White get a 10 day than to have Head sit there and waste space. We're talking about LUTHER HEAD here. I highly doubt hes the missing piece the Spurs need to win the title.
    Neither do I, but if he accounts for just one game the Spurs move up in the standings, we could potentially be screwing ourselves. I acknowledge it's a slight chance, but it's not one we should be handing out. As for us signing a replacement, I doubt it, there's no one out there. If someone were to get injured, Head would be an insurance policy (is that the phrase I'm looking for?).

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets

luther head will get alot better wide open looks from 3 in san antonio compared to houston.

I like Luther Head. At one point, he was my favorite Rocket, but he couldn't play the same as he did with JVG and I can't figure out why. I would of thought he could do a lot better under Adelman. I hope he gets signed to a good team.

Great college starter craigthomasb's Avatar

raptors need to sgin every FA avaliable as they lack eberything and need more depth,

Karl Malone's bastard TMac&Luther's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MiseryCityTexas
    luther head will get alot better wide open looks from 3 in san antonio compared to houston.
    No he won't, Yao is doubled just about everytime he touches the ball, against teams without legit bigs sometimes even without the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    Spurs would be fun. He would get a chance to shut up his former team.
    More like Houston would get the chance to benefit off his TOs and boneheaded plays instead of paying for them.

are you going to change your name?

Quote Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
    are you going to change your name?
    I sure as hell need to Tmac sucks and has played his last game here and Head has left the building.

Oh yeah to top off what I was saying earlier.......not only can Luther not dribble or pass. He turns into casper in the playoffs....so the only strength he has (shooting) can't even help you when you reach the postseason. He was a huge reason for our loss against Utah a couple of seasons ago.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TMac&Luther
    More like Houston would get the chance to benefit off his TOs and boneheaded plays instead of paying for them.
    Don't understand the word chance do you

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    Don't understand the word chance do you
    Yes I do.....that's why I said Houston would get the "chance" to take advantage of Luther's ball handling...or lack there of.

My fault I initially read that wrong

Looks like the Heat are looking at Head too. I think that would be the best fit for him as far as playing time goes. He probably won't win a title but at least he should make the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
    Looks like the Heat are looking at Head too. I think that would be the best fit for him as far as playing time goes. He probably won't win a title but at least he should make the playoffs.
    That sounds bad, Daequan Cook gets all the off-guard minutes off the bench. He would have to come in to be point for Mario? Luther will split back up point guard duties with Chris Quinn? I just don't like the sound of that.

If the Suns have any interest they really should go after this guy.