Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default Re: What is D.Wades worth? HYPOTHETICAL.

He's a better player than what the Heat could ever trade him for.

Decent college freshman InfiniteBaskets's Avatar

If Wade were to opt out this year and the Heat offered him something like 8-10mil a year until he's 35, would any other team try to give him more money?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteBaskets
    If Wade were to opt out this year and the Heat offered him something like 8-10mil a year until he's 35, would any other team try to give him more money?

Of course.

How often do players opt out in order to take LESS money?

Maybe Amar'e will opt out too, and take less money or retire.

Quote Originally Posted by Mass Debator
    I think it'd make the Heat a bit better, but it'd drastically change the entire T-Wolves franchise.

Not sure how a Wade and Rubio pairing would work out though. They can't shoot threes for sht, but a Rubio and Bosh pairing would be pretty awesome with a cutting Wade. If they can pick up a Danny Granger for 2014, that'll be one hell of a team.

We all know it aint happening though...especially in MN.
    I don't think it would considering the Heat's offence is already spectacular, and that trade would destroy their defence. K-Love could never do what Bosh does for the Heat defensively, and i'd much rather have Wade than K-Mart in the playoffs, at both ends.

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    You think Wade's going to sign a 4 year $25M deal?
    he has 2 choices come next summer...force his 5th year and hamper the team with the $20mil option for the 2014-2015 season, or restructure his deal to play out the rest of his career in Miami and make about 6-8 mil over the next 3-4 years.

teams are going to basically match that, he's not really worth much more as it stands...is he gonna sacrifice his "Wade County" love for a couple mil over the contract years elsewhere?

you're a Wade follower, so of course you'd believe he's worth more...I'm a Miami Heat fan, and reality is he's not! We can do so much better by letting him walk next summer and signing reliable tallent...I'm all for that option because I want titles and don't care about a players loyalty or what have you. But again this "Wade County" love the locals preach with somehow trumps future solid attempts at titles, so I give Wade a benefit and offer him 6-8 mil over the remaining years of his career to stay in Miami. Take it or leave it

Decent college freshman Mass Debator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteBaskets
    He's 32 in January so you're suggesting around 3 years 24-30 million? He makes like 20 million next year alone...and another 20 million after that. Makes no sense for him to opt out of his player option.

If he plays great in the playoffs while being healthy, I can easily see an "almost-there" team offer him 4 years 55-60 million. Pistons? Cavs? Trailblazers? Spurs? Grizzlies? Pelicans if they can move Gordon or Tyreke?

I believe his priority is to get healthy this year and show he can play at a high level for the next 3 years. It'll be easy for him to average 18/5/5 on 50% for the next 3 years with leadership intangibles.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Of course.

Amare don't even have a player option. Wade isn't going to take less even though his value will depreciate with age and injuries? I bet you and other nut jobs still think Kobe can get a 30mil contract after this year with his age and injuries.

Their play and contributions make up their value, so no team is going to offer Wade 20m maybe 15m on a bad team. Then there's the choice whether he wants to stay or not and if he's willing to take less than what those bad teams will offer. It's not rocket science. If he doesn't opt out, there will be pressure on him to perform. If he fails like he has been, this team will try to trade him. Does he want that?

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Of course.

He could opt out for a longer term smaller annual salary deal.

Quote Originally Posted by r15mohd
    he has 2 choices come next summer...force his 5th year and hamper the team with the $20mil option for the 2014-2015 season, or restructure his deal to play out the rest of his career in Miami and make about 6-8 mil over the next 3-4 years.

teams are going to basically match that, he's not really worth much more as it stands...is he gonna sacrifice his "Wade County" love for a couple mil over the contract years elsewhere?

you're a Wade follower, so of course you'd believe he's worth more...I'm a Miami Heat fan, and reality is he's not! We can do so much better by letting him walk next summer and signing reliable tallent...I'm all for that option because I want titles and don't care about a players loyalty or what have you. But again this "Wade County" love the locals preach with somehow trumps future solid attempts at titles, so I give Wade a benefit and offer him 6-8 mil over the remaining years of his career to stay in Miami. Take it or leave it

He is not signing for 6 mil man, not in a million years.

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    More than Kobe.
    always bringing kobe in conversation for wade/lebron

so insecure

Decent college freshman Mass Debator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ispin69
    Amare don't even have a player option. Wade isn't going to take less even though his value will depreciate with age and injuries? I bet you and other nut jobs still think Kobe can get a 30mil contract after this year with his age and injuries.

Their play and contributions make up their value, so no team is going to offer Wade 20m maybe 15m on a bad team. Then there's the choice whether he wants to stay or not and if he's willing to take less than what those bad teams will offer. It's not rocket science. If he doesn't opt out, there will be pressure on him to perform. If he fails like he has been, this team will try to trade him. Does he want that?
    If Wade wants to stay, Miami is stuck with D-Wade whether they like it or not. Why would any team trade for a 20 million dollar player whose heart and soul is in Miami? If anything, he'd try to help out the organization by taking $3-5 million less than what he's making now. That's the most anyone could expect him to do. No way is he going to play for $6-8 million when he's owed $20+ million. That's like asking Kobe to take $8 mil when he is owed $30 mil. It's not like Wade and Kobe are out there half-assing out there not caring. They still want to win. They earned the money. Do they deserve it at the very moment? Probably not.

I think the Heat trading Wade looks worse for them than it is to him. He's loyal and unselfish. It's not like he's a scrub. He's an 18-20 ppg player for the next 2-3 years. He'd probably be able to put up 15-16 ppg at age 36 if he is out there on the court. He'll probably reach father time before that though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta

He is not signing for 6 mil man, not in a million years.
    He probably feels he

Amare & JR

Wes Matthews

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Not much only because he could just opt out after this season and then go sign with HEAT