Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Decent college freshman tian820's Avatar

Default Re: Big Ten fan thread

I might be the only Wisconsin fan on here, lol. Oh well.. Also, Jamar Smith is an IDIOT. I was down in Champaign during the "Unofficial" weekend (for those of you who know what that is ) and my most of my buddies who go there just rip on him. Weber needs to do something big and bring that program back up

Quote Originally Posted by tian820
    I might be the only Wisconsin fan on here, lol. Oh well.. Also, Jamar Smith is an IDIOT. I was down in Champaign during the "Unofficial" weekend (for those of you who know what that is ) and my most of my buddies who go there just rip on him.
    "Unofficial" is a complete s***show. But a fun one. And Jamar Smith is definitely an idiot and deserves getting ripped as much as anyone. Way to blow it all.

Quote Originally Posted by tian820
    Weber needs to do something big and bring that program back up
    http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75...id=405&yr=2009

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75...id=405&yr=2010

Decent college freshman tian820's Avatar

Ha, seeing that gives the Big 10 some hope. UofI needs to be successful if the Big 10 is to get respect. I don't like them, but Bruce Weber's a good coach, he just needs some talent. Knowing the Illini, can't really be too happy about anything until the recruits hit campus though :)

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Remember Roshown McLeod? He's now an IU assistant.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...0601/808140541

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Remember Roshown McLeod? He's now an IU assistant.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...0601/808140541

The name does not ring a bell. It says that he played at Duke and St John's, and I don't remember this cats name.

I might have to do a youtube search to see if I can find a video of McLeod.

Quote Originally Posted by JellyBean
    The name does not ring a bell. It says that he played at Duke and St John's, and I don't remember this cats name.

I might have to do a youtube search to see if I can find a video of McLeod.

Played at Duke 96/97 and 97/98, St. John's the 2 years prior, with a transfer year in between. He was a pretty solid player.

Saw a basketball once

An attempt to map out all basketball courts in the US. http://nofouls.com

Purdue's gonna be good.

Purdue just signed Anthony Johnson, a top 35 (according to some sites) player out of Chicago's Whitney Young HS. From the scouting reports he seems pretty similar to soon to be B10 POY E'Twuan Moore. Anyone (read: Roy Munson) know if that's an accurate assessment? Sort of wish he'd have inked a bit sooner so Donnie Hale could have gotten Terone Johnson's offer. I like Johnson, but I'd rather have a big like Hale.

That finishes off the next two classes for Purdue, now Painter and staff can start working on 2011. Talk about getting good inroads on big time recruits.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Purdue just signed Anthony Johnson, a top 35 (according to some sites) player out of Chicago's Whitney Young HS. From the scouting reports he seems pretty similar to soon to be B10 POY E'Twuan Moore. Anyone (read: Roy Munson) know if that's an accurate assessment? Sort of wish he'd have inked a bit sooner so Donnie Hale could have gotten Terone Johnson's offer. I like Johnson, but I'd rather have a big like Hale.

That finishes off the next two classes for Purdue, now Painter and staff can start working on 2011. Talk about getting good inroads on big time recruits.
    Well, like I said in the recruiting/commitment thread, I have only seen him play once and wasn't too impressed. This was probably due more to Whitney Young's style of play than a lack of talent. They had at least 6 or 7 D1 caliber players and substituted as much as any high school team I have ever seen, so none of the players outside of A.J. Rompza their point guard (he's at a mid-major in Florida now, I believer) had enough time on the floor to get into any kind of flow. That being said, I could definitely tell the kid could play, and he has some deeeeeep range. As far as the Moore comparison, I didn't really see it. Moore plays in attack mode more often than Johnson, but take that with a grain of salt since I have only seen him play once. Great pickup for the Boilers though. I really thought that Ohio St. was going to get him.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Munson
    Well, like I said in the recruiting/commitment thread, I have only seen him play once and wasn't too impressed. This was probably due more to Whitney Young's style of play than a lack of talent. They had at least 6 or 7 D1 caliber players and substituted as much as any high school team I have ever seen, so none of the players outside of A.J. Rompza their point guard (he's at a mid-major in Florida now, I believer) had enough time on the floor to get into any kind of flow. That being said, I could definitely tell the kid could play, and he has some deeeeeep range. As far as the Moore comparison, I didn't really see it. Moore plays in attack mode more often than Johnson, but take that with a grain of salt since I have only seen him play once. Great pickup for the Boilers though. I really thought that Ohio St. was going to get him.
    Thanks. I'd read on another message board that it's hard to get a real grasp of his abilities because Whitney Young is apparently extremely deep and their coach plays basically all 12 guys.

Mt Golden Gophers are going to make the NCAA tournament field this year. Heck, we are going to finish 2nd in the Big Ten, just behind Purdue and just ahead of Michigan St.

This is the year of the Golden Gophers!! Coach Smith has this program heading into the right direction.

Go, Gophers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JellyBean
    Mt Golden Gophers are going to make the NCAA tournament field this year. Heck, we are going to finish 2nd in the Big Ten, just behind Purdue and just ahead of Michigan St.

This is the year of the Golden Gophers!! Coach Smith has this program heading into the right direction.

Go, Gophers!!!
    They won't be ahead of Mich. St.

Saw a basketball once

Finally!!! i've waited almost a week for the moderators or whatever to accept my membership stuff... I got a feelin my Young Badgers will surprise again... and maybe even take the Big ten... again :)

Decent playground baller the_chosen_1's Avatar

I don't think IU will be as bad as everyone thinks. They will not win the conference but a fifth or sixth place finish is not out of the question!

Then again, I went to IU and have lived in the area most of my life, so I am a little bias. It will be tough this year but then again standards have not been met her since 02.