Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Good High School Starter

Default Re: Rate your conversation/speaking skills with this scale

Quote Originally Posted by pauk

I dont talk to males and i am just to attractive to be needing to speak to females, the times i sometimes speak is only to answer a question from females and that is mostly "Yes or No" after a careful evaluation of that females appearance (a typical question is "Will you please *beep* me?"), but even that can be bypassed using simply head movement or facial expression...

5 or 6 with random people.

I alternate between 5 and 6 on average.

Quote Originally Posted by BuGzBuNNy
    Gets me nowhere. I just got out of one of my classes. I sit next to a girl who pretty clearly wants me to talk to her. Literally, she's just sitting there kind of looking my way like, "are you not going to say anything?" while playing with her pen in her hand. This is common with me, happens in basically all my classes.

She told me she had an exam in her next period. I waited til after class to tell her "good luck on your exam", and she responded "oh thanks I need it". By then I was already turned around walking away
    Thats a weak as **** approach, but at least you said something . If you really wanted her ,i hope you at least asked her how it went and started another conversation with her. Trust me, being a great conversationalist isn't an easy task and I doubt that I'm at that level but getting better and being able to handle a variety of personalities and situations does wonders for your confidence .

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by RaininTwos
    Thats a weak as **** approach, but at least you said something . If you really wanted her ,i hope you at least asked her how it went and started another conversation with her. Trust me, being a great conversationalist isn't an easy task and I doubt that I'm at that level but getting better and being able to handle a variety of personalities and situations does wonders for your confidence .
    She was looking at her review so I asked what class it was for. She told me and added that it would have 100 questions on it, I responded "wow", then she proceeded to explain how she'd been studying all weekend. That was before class started. I plan on asking how it went tomorrow.

Fresh Kid Turned Rotten Lamar Doom's Avatar

probably 9. if there's one area I'm really strong in it's english/rhetoric. it's interesting too because I fancy myself an introvert, I've just been always really good at "faking it" socially. Extremely quick witted and able to to gather my thoughts quickly and coherently with ease. I am probably considered more intelligent than I really am because of it, it's an "academic" virtue that I've been blessed with.

Quote Originally Posted by BuGzBuNNy
    She was looking at her review so I asked what class it was for. She told me and added that it would have 100 questions on it, I responded "wow", then she proceeded to explain how she'd been studying all weekend. That was before class started. I plan on asking how it went tomorrow.
    whenever i have some sort of contrived thing in my head, prepared to say beforehand, people can always tell. like immediately. and it just doesnt work, if im not being genuine, people see that, so having 'a plan' on what to say doesnt work.

maybe its just me though

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    whenever i have some sort of contrived thing in my head, prepared to say beforehand, people can always tell. like immediately. and it just doesnt work, if im not being genuine, people see that, so having 'a plan' on what to say doesnt work.

maybe its just me though
    Oh I think you're absolutely correct. I even included in number nine, "What you're going to say next never even crosses your mind." But I don't know, I'm thinking that maybe I can fake it till I make it. I also feel it's only right that I ask how it went, and that's not going to come about naturally, not anymore at least. I'd have to forget I planned on asking or just not ask.

7 or 8

On a side note:

I find that when I meet someone new that looks like somebody I already know, I start talking to them as if they were the person I know. Oddly, they respond and communicate the same way. The chemistry is nearly identical its scary.

Banned

I would say generally I am a 5-6. As someone said, it depends entirely on who I am talking to and the environment (where I am).

I think when everyone is around their close friends though they are all 8-10.

Banned

By the way OP, how did you make this scale? Did you copy and paste that from somewhere else or.....?

In terms of game:

No one here is weaker than bladers, I bet he can't even get his blow doll's ****** wet with 15 minutes of time and two bottles of lube

WE MISS U CHALMERS :( JerrySteakhouse's Avatar

I'm a horrible conversationalist to new people, getting better at it though. If I known you for a bit and I'm comfortable around you I can talk to you for days.

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Depending on the day, 5, 6, or 7. Some days my brain just isn't in gear, but other times everything is clicking.

Wow. I felt like a 1 just a couple of months ago and now I think I'm at 4. I'm definitely improving!