Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    College superstar

Default Re: Josh Smith's benching last night

They should trade Smith for Deng. That would be a tough backcourt to score on for the Bulls and Deng is a much better SF than Smith is.

The Bulls could then move Boozer for a SG/SF.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    Only way is if the Pistons trade away there best player in Monroe to get a good SF and move Smith to PF, since Monroe has the 2nd highest value after Drummond and is the easiest to move due to his contract, I have heard in the last game the Pistons think Drummond has HOF ability so no chance they move him and I don't really see any takers for Smiths contract.

Would be a shame to see the probably best front court for the next decade or so being broken up cause of Smith. I'm not really sure if they can afford all three and I remember reading that Monroe's management believes he should get a similar offer to Cousins which would be a max deal and it's hard to see that since they will have to give max to Drummond as well a year or two later.

They could also move one of Smith/Monroe to the bench but that's HIGHLY unlikely.
    they need to let monroe go to FA and set his value (which is below the 5 yr max-max they can give him) and then sign him, saving the 5 year deal for drummond. By the time drummond is in line for big $, smith will only have 1 year left on his deal and could be used as a big expiring contract.

Quote Originally Posted by scm5
    They should trade Smith for Deng. That would be a tough backcourt to score on for the Bulls and Deng is a much better SF than Smith is.

not a bad idea.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

225 for 15 reps not bad

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    they need to let monroe go to FA and set his value (which is below the 5 yr max-max they can give him) and then sign him, saving the 5 year deal for drummond. By the time drummond is in line for big $, smith will only have 1 year left on his deal and could be used as a big expiring contract.
    maybe its too early to tell, and im jumping to conclusions, but would you really be happy to hav smith as your SF for the next 3 or 4 years?

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    maybe its too early to tell, and im jumping to conclusions, but would you really be happy to hav smith as your SF for the next 3 or 4 years?
    no. I am not a fan of him at the 3. I think they need to rejigger the starting lineup and have him off the bench in a 3 big man rotation. But, they have no real small forwards on the roster outside of singler. and I guess Gigi, but he seems a little too slow. I really dont know what they do with this roster. No real 2s or 3s on the roster beyond stuckey and singler and the rookie.

I am your soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    no. I am not a fan of him at the 3. I think they need to rejigger the starting lineup and have him off the bench in a 3 big man rotation. But, they have no real small forwards on the roster outside of singler. and I guess Gigi, but he seems a little too slow. I really dont know what they do with this roster. No real 2s or 3s on the roster beyond stuckey and singler and the rookie.
    Rondo and Gerald Wallace for Jennings / Charlie V / Monroe

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    Rondo and Gerald Wallace for Jennings / Charlie V / Monroe
    pf are hard to come by today's game

I am your soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman
    pf are hard to come by today's game
    I'm sure the Celtics would take Drummond instead, but I'm not sure the money would work.

The Pistons aren't trading Monroe. He's the best player on the team.

I would start Singler - Smith - Monroe frontcourt, and bring Drummond as the first big off the bench.

Smith should just be a 6th man, help them score off the bench. Not sure who their sf is. And Chauncey should come off the bench.

PG- Brandon Jennings
    SG- Rodney Stuckey
    SF- _____________
    PF- Greg Monroe
    C- Andre Drummond

Bench

PG- Chauncey Billups
    PF- Josh Smith

Quote Originally Posted by scm5

I like that idea.

Give the Bulls a proper offensive punch, plus losing nothing on the defense. Then it allows us to get rid of Boozer, which is always a good thing

Maybe a 3-way trade could get this done, so that we can offload Boozer all in the one go, maybe get Thornton and filler for Boozer from Sacramento.

Butler, Smith, Noah on defense
    Last edited by poido123; 11-13-2013 at 07:14 PM.