Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Default Re: Lord Of The Rings - Middle Earth Shadow Of Mordor

I finally got to put like a straight hour in. I'm a little underwhelmed. There's just too much going on. I feel like I'm constantly trying to determine wheather I'm looking for Runes, Intel, Money, who knows what else. I'm doing hunting missions. Gathering missions.

It's like they took bits and pieces from five or six different games and just jammed them together with no thought as to how everything fits.

The enemies for me have varied from way too easy to way to hard.

It may get better as I get a better understanding of what's going on. But right now it just feels a little overwhelming and sloppy.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

So, no? I'm on the fence and I'm seeing it at 25 right now.

Kind of want to pick up a game since my rotation is currently 2k15 and a little playing of FEZ and Sonic Racing Transformed.

Just not sure what... Nothing I particularly want.
    Last edited by JimmyMcAdocious; 11-27-2014 at 05:41 PM.

Banned

Anyone beat this game? It's pretty cheap, and I love LotR. Might pick it up.

Is it good?

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Picked it up a several months ago when it was like 8 bucks or something on nuuvem.

The combat is cool, but the game just feels easy. Like you can jump down in a group of a dozen people and it's just button mashing between the block when you need to time it (game slows down and it literally tells you to press what key when) and then whatever moves you want to do.

Only played a few hours tho, so maybe it's different in late game. Haven't played it since. Seemed too repetitive and simplistic. Basically it became where I just tried to stealth everything. Or stealth to the extent the game allows. This isn't dishonored or mgs.

Banned

I really enjoyed it. Arkham's combat system+Lord of the Rings.

Banned

How's the story?

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    How's the story?
    Story is ok, voice acting is A++++ for sure, dealing with Golum is a cool section.

The best part about this game, is just being in Mordor and the LOTR universe. I have finished it before but started playing it again recently. It's not the greatest game by a long shot. Honestly i rate it abour a 7/8 out of 10. It's in my enjoyable category with Sleeping Dogs.

I had more fun with this than Assassins Creed (Minus Black Flag though) also, the combat is more satisfying than Batman purely for decapitations.
    I fought the same ork captain a good half a dozen times, he kept coming back from the dead more f***ed up than when i fought & killed him the time before. I finely decapitated him and ended him. Felt great!

At the start, you need to pick certain battles carefully, if you just charge headlong, you could ended up fighting a group of 3-4 captains at the same time with one of them immune to basically everything. Near the end though, you're pretty OP, but meh, that's what happens with the RPG elements i guess.

Banned

Smeagol's in it!?

I'm tired of all the Assassin's Creed type games, and this seemed to be AC in a LotR skin. Does it get repetitive ever?

But it definitely sounds like a cool game, 9.3 on IGN seems a little over-the-top though.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    Smeagol's in it!?

I'm tired of all the Assassin's Creed type games, and this seemed to be AC in a LotR skin. Does it get repetitive ever?

But it definitely sounds like a cool game, 9.3 on IGN seems a little over-the-top though.
    I almost detest Assassins Creed, the only one i ever managed to play and find fun was Black Flag. I find the combat in this just so much more satisfying, especially with the photo mode once the update is applied.

Yeah, Smeagol has a mini quest part,not much, but the voice acting in this game is of the highest production value.

It can get repetitive, sure, but you could find it cheap nowadays which would make this a great buy.

9.3 is very very generous, as i said before, it has some glaring flaws (nothing gamebreaking), but it is an enjoyable game.

Banned

Worth getting I enjoyed it. It's short story wise but playing it as an open world lotr murder fest is fun. The nemesis system and taking control of an orc and then helping him rise up to a war chief is fun too. They actually show up to help you later too if you control them. The game get's too easy once you learn that you can just run away from any encounter and come back and try it again once they forget about you. I'd probably give it a 7.5 possibly 8 out of 10.

Dirt cheap on Steam today. Was thinking about getting it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    Dirt cheap on Steam today. Was thinking about getting it.
    Worth the purchase. I bought it soon after release for full price and have no regrets.

Banned

Games really do not reduce much in price here over time.

Least I could find it for was €40, and that wasn't even the GotY edition. SMH.

Was 17 on steam Thursday. Unfortunately I incurred a several thousand dollar emergency vet bill the same day so I'll stick to Battlefield for now.

Banned

Just wait for their winter sale, it'll be on for at least that same discount.