Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Who Wins? College vs Euro

Quote Originally Posted by simasu01
    I think la bomba shut all the haters down. Is there anyone else who'd like to bit.ch about unavailable players or some other ****? Really is there anything for you yanks left to say?
    You're a yank yourself. Look at where you live. You have nothing to say about that.

He was completely wrong about Langdon. He's another great Duke player who couldn't make it in the NBA which is why he plays overseas. If he even made a team here he would just sit the bench. That's why he plays in Europe. He's a lot like JJ Reddick. Great Duke player who will sit the bench in the NBA.

Also he was completely wrong about the college vs. Euroleague thing. When La Bomba said his reason as being we quit sending college players to the olympics we aren't talking olympic teams here. Also you should thank us for that because if we hadn't have sent our NBA players in 1992 the rest of the world wouldn't have caught up near as fast. Think of all the countries that have went out and started hiring American coaches so they could learn the game of basketball. It's stupid to say that a college team would get blown out. They would have a chance. Again, here's you guys thinking there is somebody putting you down when we're not. Enough with the little man syndrome. Nobody said that your countries sucked at basketball, but again you keep trying to bash. You need to give college basketball more credit than you have, after all it's the college players that can't make it here that are the stars in your great league.

NBA lottery pick

Euroleague Final Four
    Montepaschi Siena 97 - 93 Tau Ceramica

Montepaschi Siena:
    Shaun Stonebrook - played 35 minutes and scored 12 points.
    Terrell McIntyre - played 31 minutes and scored 16 points (second on team)
    Two Americans who can't make it in the NBA but were huge pieces for a team in the Euroleague final four (apparently the greatest final four in the world)

Tau Ceramica:
    James Singleton - only plays 22 minutes but scores 13 points.
    Will McDonald - 18 minutes 7 points
    Pete Mickeal - lead the team in scoring with 16 points in 37 minutes of playing time which also lead the team. Three players who are American who came from our colleges that weren't good enough for the NBA but are leaders on their team in the greatest final four in the world.

Championship Game
    Maccabi Electra TLV 77 - 91 CSKA Moscow

CSKA Moscow:
    Trajon Langdon - 21 points in 35 minutes
    Although he wasn't a scrub in college like the other guys he's still not good enough to play in the NBA and yet he's the best player on the team that won the championship. I will give CSKA some credit though, they don't have as many american players on their team as many teams do.

Maccabi Electra TLV
    Will Bynum - 23 points in 28 minutes. By far the best player on his team who is still trying to make it in the NBA today but won't be able to. At least he was actually drafted by the Pistons and plays in the summer league, but he still can't crack an NBA roster.
    Terrance Morris - 13 points in 27 minutes
    So the team that finishes second has two guys who weren't stars in college but seem to be leaders on one of the best teams.

Again and I will try to make this as clear as possible. All of these players are leaders on the best teams in the Euroleague. I'm not saying all of them are the absolute best players but they are close. With the exception of Langdon none of these guys were stars in college. Bynum was alright. Somebody explain to me how a team that is made up of college scrubs doesn't have a chance against a team that is made up of college stars. Somebody explain to me how a team that is made up of players who will make it in the NBA doesn't have a chance against a team who has nobody talented enough to play in the NBA.

Again, I'm not saying one side will win over another positively, what I am saying is there is no way to know and that it would be a good game.
    Last edited by dd24; 07-17-2008 at 06:08 PM.

Good High School Starter la bomba's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Euroleague Final Four
    Montepaschi Siena 97 - 93 Tau Ceramica

Montepaschi Siena:
    Shaun Stonebrook - played 35 minutes and scored 12 points.
    Terrell McIntyre - played 31 minutes and scored 16 points (second on team)
    Two Americans who can't make it in the NBA but were huge pieces for a team in the Euroleague final four (apparently the greatest final four in the world)

Tau Ceramica:
    James Singleton - only plays 22 minutes but scores 13 points.
    Will McDonald - 18 minutes 7 points
    Pete Mickeal - lead the team in scoring with 16 points in 37 minutes of playing time which also lead the team. Three players who are American who came from our colleges that weren't good enough for the NBA but are leaders on their team in the greatest final four in the world.

Championship Game
    Maccabi Electra TLV 77 - 91 CSKA Moscow

CSKA Moscow:
    Trajon Langdon - 21 points in 35 minutes
    Although he wasn't a scrub in college like the other guys he's still not good enough to play in the NBA and yet he's the best player on the team that won the championship. I will give CSKA some credit though, they don't have as many american players on their team as many teams do.

Maccabi Electra TLV
    Will Bynum - 23 points in 28 minutes. By far the best player on his team who is still trying to make it in the NBA today but won't be able to. At least he was actually drafted by the Pistons and plays in the summer league, but he still can't crack an NBA roster.
    Terrance Morris - 13 points in 27 minutes
    So the team that finishes second has two guys who weren't stars in college but seem to be leaders on one of the best teams.

Again and I will try to make this as clear as possible. All of these players are leaders on the best teams in the Euroleague. I'm not saying all of them are the absolute best players but they are close. With the exception of Langdon none of these guys were stars in college. Bynum was alright. Somebody explain to me how a team that is made up of college scrubs doesn't have a chance against a team that is made up of college stars. Somebody explain to me how a team that is made up of players who will make it in the NBA doesn't have a chance against a team who has nobody talented enough to play in the NBA.

Again, I'm not saying one side will win over another positively, what I am saying is there is no way to know and that it would be a good game.
    First of all one thing needs to be said,you cannot compare players from the NBA and Europe because they play a different game,we all need to stop doing that.
    Next,who says Trajan Langdon can't make it in the NBA?Is it an assumption because he doesn't play there?
    The reason a Cska Moscow or a Barcelona Or a panathinaikos,olympiakos,Madrid,maccabi etc would trounce a college team with all those college stars is because unlike what you think,european teams are not lead by college scraps.CSKA might have Langdon,but he is not their leader or even best player.Last year he was playing alongside Papaloukas,Anderson,Siskauskas and Smodiz!!no college team would have those kind of teammates.I love Mcintyre for Siena but as soon as he stopped hitting 3s his contribution against maccabi in the semis disappeared it was Lavrinovic that kept them in it.No mention of that in your stats.The leader of TAU was Planinic,yes Mickael did have a great game.As for the coaches??Europe has had great coaches,hardly no americans in the euroleague.Renesses,Messina,Gershon,Maljkovic,Scar iolo,Pianagini,Ivanovic,Spahija,Sherf(for my friend Bjerk!).In Europe ,basketball was already huge before 1992!The assumption that someone who plays in europe is not good enough to play in the NBA and that the euroleague teams are lead by college scraps is putting european basketball down,no small man complex.Why does sergio Rodriguez play in the NBA?he never made it in Europe.How can a guy that has not made it in any team he has played for in europe (Ukic ) sign for the raptors?How can Shammond Williams have played for the Lakers amongst other nba teams when he is so rubbish in europe?There are a lot of crap american players in europe just as there are crap europeans in the NBA.Fred Roberts played in Boston and milwaukee in the late eighties and early nineties,admitadely he wasn't great but he had a lot of seasons there,he came to play for barcelona and was total puke!!useless would be complimenting him.I am sure he had a good college pedigree,could be wrong.A lot of college players would not make it in europe,they play in the phillipines,south korea etc.I am adamant that CSKA (atleast last year's team)would seriously humiliate Duke or Georgia Tech etc

Decent playground baller simasu01's Avatar

I'm not a yank bruv, I am living here since 2003, and am planning to move back to Europe. So what that I live in the north, I still don't think the way you do and I am not a US citizen, and I really don't see myself as being a yank, and neither do the people I know.
    From the final four post, it seems as if there are only US college scrubs tearing Europe apart. How do Europeans make it to the NBA then? Trajan Langdon isn't even a leader, neither are Stonebrook, McIntyre, and, really, none of these guys, except I guess you could say Bynum sort of is, but Maccabi isn't even that good, and, according to b.jerk, an israeli basketball expert here, the rest of the league is right up with them, if not better. CSKA's leaders were Papaloukas, Siskauskas, Smodiz, Andersen, and Langdon. Langdon wasn't a LeBron type of player going alone, he was a top 5 player in the squad, a total team effort. Montepasci was led by Kaukenas and Lavrinovic, 2 Lithuanians. Tau Cer

I usually hit open layups

I say it would be close. Good college team has chances to beat Euro team.

I am from Europe and I know things 'bout hoops.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack
    I say it would be close. Good college team has chances to beat Euro team.

I am from Europe and I know things 'bout hoops.
    Basketball nowadays is very competitive and any team can give a good side a run for their money,so it could be close but I'd say about 8 out of 10 times they'd lose.They would beat some euro teams,of course they would,there are euro teams that aren't strong like any french or german team,they would maul any british team,cause everybody does.Against a strong spanish,greek,lithuanian,balkan or russian team I stick to the 8 out of 10

NBA lottery pick

Well, I give it 50/50 but atleast we are getting closer in our discussions. It really depends on the match up. There are great teams in Europe and great teams here in the states.

Khimki just signed Carlos Delfino.he is no mug in the NBA.They are also about to sign Garbajosa.amazing contracts.Delfino on 8.5 million euros about 12million dollars a season for 3 seasons.

I rule the local playground b.jerk's Avatar

Le Manns or Alba Berlin are one thing but anyone that thinks any college team would be close to the elite in europe that are more willing to spend money than nba teams like CSKA, needs to take vacation from nba press releases.

Quote Originally Posted by b.jerk
    Le Manns or Alba Berlin are one thing but anyone that thinks any college team would be close to the elite in europe that are more willing to spend money than nba teams like CSKA, needs to take vacation from nba press releases.
    The euroleague top 16 would beat most college teams.thats putting it mildly.

Decent playground baller simasu01's Avatar

That is the mildest way to put it. All French, German, and Italian teams, except for Montepasci, are crap. I think I would go with a 1 out of 10 chance for any college team to beat a TOP 16 Euroleague team, and the 1 chance is due to: bad days, foul trouble, rule difference, injuries, or truly outworking the opponents.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by la bomba
    Khimki just signed Carlos Delfino.he is no mug in the NBA.They are also about to sign Garbajosa.amazing contracts.Delfino on 8.5 million euros about 12million dollars a season for 3 seasons.
    Delfino sat the bench his entire NBA career. He does have some skills but he was never a good player over here.

Delfino sat the bench his entire NBA career. He does have some skills but he was never a good player over here.
    I disagree he had a good season with Toronto,having said that I did not mention it for his ability,he is after all a bench player for argentina,I mentioned it for the amazing amount of money being thrown at him.

NBA lottery pick

That is a ton of cash. He would have been crazy to turn it down.

That is a ton of cash. He would have been crazy to turn it down.
    khimki are only 11 years old.The hall that they playing is an exact replica of the chicago training gym.only has capacity for 3500 people!!Their organization is top class and they are desperately trying to break cska hegemony in russia.