Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
       

Default Re: 2013 Wimbledon Thread

if murray wins wimbledon it

Of all the athletes in the world without a positive test for peds, djoker would be in the top 10 most likely to be on them. He went from the worst stamina of any good player on tour(he quit in a grand slam because it was hot) in his early 20s to having more stamina than nadal in his mid 20s. The dude is on something. It's everybit as obvious as it was that bonds was in the early 2000s. Now that being said its entirely possible everyone else is too.

Facts Are Misleading

Or maybe, you know.....he dedicated himself to getting in the best shape.

i have sabine winning on saturday over bartoli. (again still dont see why womens should get paid the same as the men)

For men's side I also have
    del goatro over djoker in 5 sets
    murray over jerzy in 3 sets.

then murray over del goatro in 4 sets. it will be a long 4 sets though.
    the pressure for murray to win is going to be unbelievable. the crowd has all the expectations in the world.

   

Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan19
    Of all the athletes in the world without a positive test for peds, djoker would be in the top 10 most likely to be on them. He went from the worst stamina of any good player on tour(he quit in a grand slam because it was hot) in his early 20s to having more stamina than nadal in his mid 20s. The dude is on something. It's everybit as obvious as it was that bonds was in the early 2000s. Now that being said its entirely possible everyone else is too.
    is it also possible that you don't fully understand how radical changes in diet and approach to the game can make the difference between being top five and #1?

here's another question: if you're badly allergic to a common food and you work very hard to cut out every last trace of that in your diet, do you think the result will be more energy or less energy?

think carefully, now.

Djoker's stamina went sky high because he went gluten-free and started sleeping in a hyperbolic chamber. There in no secret here.

My hopeful predictions:

Djokovic over Del Potro: 7-5, 6-3, 7-6

Jerzy over Murray: 6-4, 4-6, 6-3, 7-5

My real predictions:

Djokovic over Del Potro: 7-5, 6-3, 7-6

Murray over Jerzy: 6-4, 6-4, 6-3

Quote Originally Posted by Carbine
    Or maybe, you know.....he dedicated himself to getting in the best shape.
    Yeah because people just randomly decide to become one of the best endurance athletes in the world.

And no, no matter how much you change your diet, it doesn't effect you to that effect when you were already an elite athlete who was in tremendous shape.

It also doesn't help his case that he has very clearly been against greater testing in tennis and has said that they already test plenty when the subject has been brought up

   

Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan19
    Yeah because people just randomly decide to become one of the best endurance athletes in the world.

And no, no matter how much you change your diet, it doesn't effect you to that effect when you were already an elite athlete who was in tremendous shape.
    thank you for this burst of new information.

so djokovic has now become one of the best endurance athletes in the world? wow! well, he certainly must be the talk of the international sports press, not to mention all the EPO-hunters and crusaders against blood-doping. perhaps you could do us all a favor and pick out some of the cream of the crop analysis by top writers detailing all this. i'd google it myself but there must be so many thousands of results that a layperson like me could spend hours sifting through them all. so your expertise in this matter would be much appreciated.

also, since you seem to be a nutritionist / scientist with an expert in food allergies and their effects on elite athletes, could you please send along your best references on the matter?

thanks very much for your time!

del potro is beating djoker today

Local High School Star TheReturn's Avatar

How long till they're playing?

   

wow... colt

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Does Djokovic remind anyone of Dwight how they both try to be funny but it's so forced (and not funny) you are embarrassed for them?

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    Does Djokovic remind anyone of Dwight how they both try to be funny but it's so forced (and not funny) you are embarrassed for them?
    Ehh, I disagree (with Djoker, not with Dwight), but you're definitely not alone. Djokovic doesn't really seem to try to be funny nowadays, anyway.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sumter15
    Ehh, I disagree (with Djoker, not with Dwight), but you're definitely not alone. Djokovic doesn't really seem to try to be funny nowadays, anyway.
    I have not really watched tennis that much lately but Djoker use to go out of his way to try be funny and it was just cringe worthy.