Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Local High School Star sirkeelma's Avatar

Default Enormous Pressure Now Mounting On Mayweather To Finally Face Pacquiao

Bob Arum revealed major news this week: HBO and Showtime have reached a preliminary agreement to co-produce the biggest event in boxing history, Manny Pacquiao vs. Floyd Mayweather.

This is spectacular news. Because it shows that HBO and Showtime are now in alliance against Mayweather and his primary protector, the influential advisor Al Haymon. Previously, Haymon was able to manipulate both HBO and later Showtime to protect his crown jewel fighter Mayweather. But Haymon was eventually dumped by HBO - which no longer does business with Haymon and now Showtime Boxing head Stephen Espinoza appears to have broken free of Haymon's manipulations.

It's been reported that Showtime lost mega millions on Mayweather's fights with Guerrero and Maidana and the network is at the breaking point and is now ready to sacrifice Mayweather to Pacquiao to generate the gargantuan jackpot revenues which Pacquiao vs. Mayweather will surely produce.

A key factor in the equation is that Al Haymon is now at the mercy of Showtime. If Al Haymon wants to continue to enjoy having his stable of fighters televised in the future, he will have to march to the orders and dance to the tunes of Showtime, which will surely demand Mayweather be served up for Pacquiao. If Haymon dares to defy Showtime (and HBO, Arum and Pacquiao) now, he will face being blackballed from the sport.

And with a jackpot of a potential $250,000,000 on the line, if Haymon wants to stick around in boxing, he better serve up Floyd ASAP.

Finally, we have reached the turning point. There's no way out now for Mayweather and Haymon. The proverbial you-know-what is about to hit the fan.

Floyd Mayweather is going to finally endure the long delayed, long avoided, long ducked beatdown that is most certainly his boxing destiny.
    http://ringobserver.com/articles/eno...-face-pacquiao

Default Re: Enormous Pressure Now Mounting On Mayweather To Finally Face Pacquiao

great news. let's see mayweather shoulder roll his way out of this.

Default Re: Enormous Pressure Now Mounting On Mayweather To Finally Face Pacquiao

This sh1t is too funny.
    If Manny wanted to fight Floyd it would have happened years ago. It is never going to happen.
    If the fight were to take place, I'll bet my house on Mayweather

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

This fight was years overdue. Pacquaio isn't as good as he used to be.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Pacquiao has definitely lost his shine. Fight was a lot more interesting 3 years ago.

Lol at enormous pressure on Floyd. Manny is a bum and PBF is still undefeated. Manny would end up taking another canvas nap while all the Pac-Tards commit suicide.

Banned

Isnt manny past it now and has lost loads of times?

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    Lol at enormous pressure on Floyd. Manny is a bum and PBF is still undefeated. Manny would end up taking another canvas nap while all the Pac-Tards commit suicide.
    Nah Floyd doesn't KO people. It will be a UD12 if he wins. And if Maidana can win some rounds against Floyd, Manny can as well.

Still don't believe this happens until I see the 24/7 Episode 4.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

This fight should've happened already, but I obviously still want to see it.

Manny is past his prime, though.

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    This fight should've happened already, but I obviously still want to see it.

Manny is still better than Maidana. And right now they are still the two best 147 lbs.

Floyd is in the driver seat, I highly doubt his ego will allow him to bend to any outside pressure, in fact I think it will do the opposite.

I think there is a great shot the fight happens, only both guys will be pushing 45 years old and their bank accounts will be close to empty.

I don't see the fight going down in the next 2 years, too much bad blood and dick swinging going on from everywhere

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    He looked better in his last fight than Floyd did in his, and against a much higher quality opponent too. But maybe that was just an anomaly for Floyd and he'll cruise to another UD tomorrow. His legs are shot though and his reflexes not as sharp.

Totally irrelevant but Ali ended his career 56-5, which is Manny's record at the moment

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Crown&Coke
    Floyd is in the driver seat, I highly doubt his ego will allow him to bend to any outside pressure, in fact I think it will do the opposite.

I think there is a great shot the fight happens, only both guys will be pushing 45 years old and their bank accounts will be close to empty.

I don't see the fight going down in the next 2 years, too much bad blood and dick swinging going on from everywhere

exactly how i see it.

trying to make Floyd do something is going to make him do the opposite. his ego won't let someone corner him to fight.

best way to get Floyd to fight is to talk shit, stalk him, keep talking shit, embarrass and humiliate him. basically WWE trash talk, and demean him for being scared. and just play that shit up trying to ruin his rep/legacy. i bet he'll fight whoever then....thats all he cares about.

he's got enough money where he doesn't have to fight anybody.