Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: AI is a loser

How much longer are Melo and JR out?

JR plays in the game on ESPN tomorrow vs the Spurs. They may not win the game vs the Spurs because they're the Spurs. However, you will see a huge difference for the next 5 games, if you actually watch Nugz games (which most of you obviously don't). Having JR in will limit Earl's minutes taking that defensive liability out for someone that atleast tries. And his 3pt shooting will stop the zones that have made it hard for AI, same way they used to make it hard for Melo.

AI has been playing with no one. Camby has missed atleast 5 games in this stretch, and Nene probably the same. They have probably played in 2 games together. With the Nugz pace, there are usually going to be more possessions in the game, but they aren't making their shots like they did with Melo and JR playing, however the opposing teams are making more than with Melo and JR.

AI's playing with a team less talented than the Sixers right now, in about a week or so he'll be on possibly the most talented team in the league. A team that has 2 dominant scorers capable of taking over whenever they want, who are 2 of the best players on the break in the league and dominant in the halfcourt, and can both make plays. AI is also capable of being one of the better playmakers in the league as he's shown many times on this depleted Nugz team, and in Philly with some high double digit assist games. A great 3pt shooter in JR, and defensive stopper in Khouba. A top 6th man in Boykins. Great hustle play in Najera and Evans, who also may be the best pure rebounder in the league. Good interior D with Nene and Camby, and a post presence from Nene also (aswell as Melo). It'll be fun.

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IamtheWalrus
    look at his progress in Denver. If he had a 10 year career in denver and his team performed the way it has been doing now, he would also demand a trade

from the looks of this,

philly losing was entirely his fault. glad we got rid of him.
    worst thread of the year.

do you actually think its fair to judge him after 10 games in denver with this current team? have you not been paying attention to whats going on this year?

you sound bitter and looking for weak ways to rip on AI. hes on a better team now and im VERY GLAD philly got rid of him.

losing in philly was all his fault?!

Quote Originally Posted by HALLandOATES
    walrus just stfu man, you're typing garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by joewait
    I was the first person to say this would happen. And everyone here called me a racist and an idiot. I could have told you this a while ago.
    Just wait till Carmelo gets back, and all hell with break loose. At least one core player will get traded by summer
    yeah - all hell will break loose...that makes sense. because both wanted AI in denver and both are happy the trade went through. OH NO! its going to be terrible!

Quote Originally Posted by joewait
    The thing is that they really haven't played any good teams with him back. They even lost to his old 76ers squad! they lost to a dallas team without dirk. He isn't making them any better.

And I can tell you for a fact that him and carmelo are not compatible. Honestly what the hell was Denver thinking?? putting 2 guys on the same squad who play off of isolations and cannot move without the ball and who both demand 25+ shots a night to be effective. Not to mention both are defensive liabilities. It just reeks of disaster.
    uh, dallas BARELY beat a nuggets team without melo and jr. who cares if they didnt have dirk - they still had a better team at the time and should have won.

what was denver thinking putting two dominant scorers together...one who needs the ball and can lead a team and the other who plays beautifully off the ball and can finish. yeah, that cant work.

@ all the ignorant haters.

Quote Originally Posted by nugsfreak
    and another ignorant person that has no clue what he is talking about. lets see your team play with out their main scorer and numerous injuries and see how many games you can win.

the 76er game we had the following players out
    Melo
    Camby
    Nene
    Jr smith
    Kenyon martin ( out for the season)

can your team win a game with those core type players out?
    its almost TOO easy making these idiots look bad.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by NugzFan
    yeah - all hell will break loose...that makes sense. because both wanted AI in denver and both are happy the trade went through. OH NO! its going to be terrible!
    I would like to see the arrangement work, but you have to admit it isnt an open close case that everything will be peachy.

Both players have a history of pouting when they dont feel they are being treated right, and this situation is ripe for hurt feelings with them and an up and coming JR Smith all having to share the ball.

the sixers beat ur team with a "superstar"

HAHHA

its clear you are just trolling at this point.

you are filled with blindness my friend....

i was filled with blindness when sixers got cwebb....now i'm glad we traded AI...now i can see the light...it was him all along.

its clear that you are a sixers fan, and now all your posts all make perfect sense.

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    I would like to see the arrangement work, but you have to admit it isnt an open close case that everything will be peachy.
    absolutely not - of course it COULD go wrong but thats a far bigger assumption than the one where it does work out.

why? because both have publically said they want it to work and will make it work. in fact they LAUGH at the idea that it wont.

Both players have a history of pouting when they dont feel they are being treated right, and this situation is ripe for hurt feelings with them and an up and coming JR Smith all having to share the ball.
    and both have changed. AI has grown up and wants to win now. melo is far more mature than 2 years ago.

jr just makes it even better.

Let's look at this on the flip side. Not only did The Nuggets lose Melo and JR when Iverson came aboard, they also lost Andre Miller. So now the Nuggets have to play under a whole different philosophy. That's 3 starters gone(arguably Joe Smith, their starting power forward behind Kenyon) that were a key cog to their winning before AI. Granted AI was never a smash hit right away, but with the core playing a prolonged period of time to mesh, no telling what could happen. Don't count the chicken before it's hatched. There has never been the proven deadly second scorer for AI, so when Melo comes back, make your assessment then.

Proves idiots wrong Human Error's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AI Nuggets3
    if AI had spent 10 years in Denver he'd probably own a ring by now.
    This is one of the most retarded things I've read in a very long time.

It wasn't long ago that Denver became just a borderline playoff team. The odds are, 0 career postseason appearance for AI if he spent 10 years in Denver.

Quote Originally Posted by Human Error
    This is one of the most retarded things I've read in a very long time.

It wasn't long ago that Denver became just a borderline playoff team. The odds are, 0 career postseason appearance for AI if he spent 10 years in Denver.
    that statement is just as bad as his lol

Proves idiots wrong Human Error's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by statman32
    that statement is just as bad as his lol
    In the last 10 years in West... Shaq was in his prime, Duncan and Nowitzki were also there, the Kings with healthy Webber were also a championship caliber team. If you honestly think that my statement is as bad as his(or hers), you deserve a smack in the mouth.