Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Default Re: Source: Caron Butler agrees to terms with Clippers. Three years, 24M.

Butler is a good signing for every team, I'm just surprised at contract amount and length due to age, ability and injury history.
    Thought 2 years 15m maybe.
    35 year old butler on 9m is excessive to me.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Re: Source: Caron Butler agrees to terms with Clippers. Three years, 24M.

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    Butler is a good signing for every team, I'm just surprised at contract amount and length due to age, ability and injury history.
    Thought 2 years 15m maybe.
    35 year old butler on 9m is excessive to me.
    I agree. Reality is... teams like Clippers and Nets who are unproven.. have to convince players to join up with the almighty dollar. Players probably still have doubts about the Clippers. So I'm okay with team paying 2 mill a year too much if it guarantees a significant upgrade. My only worry is we are adding an injury prone guy as a 3rd option to an already stupidly injury prone team. Imagine if Butler also misses significant time along with guys like EJ? We would be screwed.

I'm so/so on this signing but am glad Olshey is making moves to improve the team and not just for the sake of it. While Prince, and even AK, would have been better fits, Butler is a good slasher and think he'll fit in nicely.

I just hope Gomes gets amnestied.

Spurs said to offer Butler four years at full MLE. Nets offered 4 years, and slightly more $ than Clips. Butler chose LA err... Blake
    Ramona Shelburne

Guess there goes the "no one wants to play for the Clippers"