Page 32 of 73 FirstFirst ... 222930313233343542 ... LastLast
    Home of the 16

Default Re: Grand Theft Auto V discussion

SPOILER. Found it in a forum.

There is a mysterious sign in Mount Chiliad.

A sign indicating a underpass on the ocean that leads under the mount chiliad.

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/...09-15-2013.jpg

One indication: 2 km north

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/...0-dsc-0005.jpg
    Edit: Picture too big.
    Last edited by $LakerGold; 09-17-2013 at 09:45 PM.

3-time NBA All-Star

Haha.... has anybody done the random encounter/question mark with the marijuana activist??

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Game is pretty wicked. Already had more fun in 3 hours than I did with GTA4. Only complaint I have is so far I find the switching characters aspect annoying. Might be because I'm simply not use to it but I think I would have rather had just one character you use and go through the story line with.

Home of the 16

Guys, if you find liquor stores or atm locations. Circle it out in this map & upload/share it please.

Thanks. Let's help each other out.

*I tried googling it, but no one seems to care about the locations.

I rule the local playground Finn T-Mac's Avatar

Was able to play one hour this yesterday, looks and feels so great! Didn't actually do much, just tested the game out. One minus I have is that the driving feels unnatural otherwise game is GREAT.

I played from play CD (installed the installation CD to xbox drive) but I'm going to get 16GB USB drive to install also the play disk. I've gotten used to a quieter xbox

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/...with-usb-drive

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I had physical therapy for my achilles yesterday, and had to have blood drawn for my clots, so I was leaving work early anyway yesterday. I gave myself an extra half an hour so I could swing by and and pick it up before the real rush hit at 5, when I'd be getting out of PT. When I got in there there was still a 20 minute line.

I bought the big special edition. It came with a gangster Los Santos hat. A massive Blue Print type map of the city. And a cash deposit style bank bag with a key, so I can lock the game in there. It also comes with a download code which gets me a few extras in terms of gun and car availability. Along with access to a blimp tour apparently, via a phone call in my contacts.

I played for probably 3 hours, and did pretty much nothing. Died a few times in that opening mission with Trevor, just not used to the cover mechanism, and I still had a few issues with just seemingly standing up in the middle of fire instead of popping up to shoot and getting back down.

I spent the rest of my time playing as the black guy. Did a couple missions, almost by accident. Mostly just drove around to try to light up the whole map, which still has some mountain areas unlit. Had to try out a hooker. Ran out of money pretty quick, because I also wanted to hit up the strip club to check out those animations. I figured I'd find some cash along the way, but in spite of my compulsive rooting around, I found little, and instead fell to my death a couple times. I finally decided to hit up a gas station before shutting down for the night, to get a little cash. Then hit the strip club on the way to the house to save it. I got almost a thousand bucks. There was an Inferno (Lamborghini) just outside the gas station, and I had a fun run away from the cops. I did visit the strip club quick. But no private dances. Home to save it, and then watched Boardwalk Empire before bed.

I look forward to getting home from work today. And particularly this weekend.

I also found the driving physics to be far less realistic than they were in IV, but I have absolutely no problem with that, as I found IV to just not be a lot of fun to drive around in.

I'm not going to chalk that entirely up to the drive physics though. This one just has a much cleaner map to drive around. More shortcuts, less grid like street structure, far fewer hard 90 degree turns, less traffic, and just more area for straight aways and long soft curves. The lap I took around the whole map was really pretty enjoyable.

I haven't done much in the way of melee combat yet. I did accidently punch a woman out on the pier. But right now I'm gonna say while it seems to be a huge upgrade from IV, it's not the clean experience Sleeping Dogs was, which is what I was expecting. But then again I haven't done much in the way of hand to hand yet, so I'm probably jumping to conclusions a little quick.

I have enjoyed the satire in the game so far too. The parts making fun of Apple and Steve Jobs, American Idol, and the paparazzi guy have all be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    I have enjoyed the satire in the game so far too. The parts making fun of Apple and Steve Jobs, American Idol, and the paparazzi guy have all be good.

Me too. I found a guy preaching about a knock off of Scientology. I talked to him and he gave me a goofy website to check out.

It's weird how much you can feel the social change from IV to V. The internet on the phone instead of those rediculous internet cafe's is so weird to think about. I've found myself taking some pictures too, particularly of the higher end graffitti I've spotted around town.

Has anyone been able to get the iFruit phone app? They keep mentioning it's available, and I can use it to train the dog, and access pictures and stuff, but I can't find it on google play.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    Me too. I found a guy preaching about a knock off of Scientology. I talked to him and he gave me a goofy website to check out.

It's weird how much you can feel the social change from IV to V. The internet on the phone instead of those rediculous internet cafe's is so weird to think about. I've found myself taking some pictures too, particularly of the higher end graffitti I've spotted around town.

Has anyone been able to get the iFruit phone app? They keep mentioning it's available, and I can use it to train the dog, and access pictures and stuff, but I can't find it on google play.
    I thought it was an in-game app, like you could download it on your iFruit phone, but I didn't find anything.

Speaking of satirical references to American society, I heard a Weazel News report about people lining up two months in advance for iFruit phones. I lol'd.

3-time NBA All-Star

I *think* its on the Rock Star website.... but i haven't checked yet

rockstargames.com/V/downloads

Is anyone else's Social Club on the iFruit app not logging in? Been trying to log on all day yesterday and this morning and nothings working.

Home of the 16

- IMO The Driving is way better.....

I played alot of Midnight Club LA...and it feels nearly the same.

GTA IV driving mechanics the cars had no weight and felt like they floated...

- Is it me ( or maybe just getting older)....but the Games Violent content is so close to home that I'm surprised RockStar hasn't gotten sued by Apple/Facebook yet.

- Spoiler: [COLOR="White"]Especially when they totally Bootleg Apple and Mark Suckerberg.....then blow the CEO's brains out with an IPhone[/COLOR]

- But this game delivers on all fronts ...Graphics are the best of the series and game play is more Wilder then ever.

There are also cars in the the game that are nearly identical to real life models. For example, there are pretty much Audis in the game with the logo nearly identical to the real thing.

And yeah @ that spoiler:

[COLOR="White"]I had interpreted that as Steve Jobs but Zuckerberg akes sense now before of the age of him and the "LifeInvader" thing lol. I got a kick out of that as well. They seem to be pretty on point with satirizing modern social trends.[/COLOR]