Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Decent college freshman

Default Derrick Rose's injury proneness will prevent him from being superstar

Derrick Rose's game is based too much on driving and attacking the rim, and that's caused him to be injured like 5 times this year. broken wrist, bruised hip, sprain ankle, etc... All from his play style.

If Rose doesn't change the style which he plays, he's gonna have a short career.

Bol'd over

Default Re: Derrick Rose's injury proneness will prevent him from being superstar

I prefer him having that style of play as opposed to being scared to attack the rim, dive for a loose ball, etc.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease DDensity's Avatar

Default Re: Derrick Rose's injury proneness will prevent him from being superstar

This was said about AI throughout his entire career. Until he had his meltdown he was actually pretty durable, despite the play style.

Local High School Star

hes missed only 5 games in 2 years.

Hell be fine, he avoids contact anyways..

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by B-Easy
    hes missed only 5 games in 2 years.

Hell be fine, he avoids contact anyways..
    That's because of Rose's incredible recovery speed, i don't know how to could of missed only 2 games due to a sprained wrist.

Banned

depends on how weak he is. bynum is a weak b1tch thats why he is out 30 pecent of the season each yr.

Rose is one of the most athletic point guards out there right now. When you have those kind of genes, it would be a crime to not take advantage of it. The key is to be prepared when it starts fading. If I had to give advice, I'd say less driving and slashing and more jumpshots.

However, the dude is like 21. His athleticism isn't going anywhere any time soon and he is ballin because of it. I don't he changes anything.

He already had tendonitis at 19.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by thejumpa
    Rose is one of the most athletic point guards out there right now. When you have those kind of genes, it would be a crime to not take advantage of it. The key is to be prepared when it starts fading. If I had to give advice, I'd say less driving and slashing and more jumpshots.

However, the dude is like 21. His athleticism isn't going anywhere any time soon and he is ballin because of it. I don't he changes anything.
    but it's causing him to be consistently injured

College star

I wouldn't worry too much..dude seeams to have a nice midrange jumper. He's killing Mo Williams wit that pull up jumper just as much as he is with his driving ability. It's not like he's on Rondo's level when it comes to shooting

Most Pgs attack the rims at their low twenties.
    For ex,when Kobe was at his twenties, he used to dunk on anyone, but not anymore.
    Now, Lebron is attacking, wade is attacking, deron is attacking..... etc.

Quote Originally Posted by KG5MVP
    but it's causing him to be consistently injured
    I'd risk getting injured if I could do what he can. Plus, as he gets older and progresses, his jumper will become a bigger part of his game. Watch next year when they get him some help. At this point, something really weird would have to happen to really hurt him. He'll be fine.

I think you're right. Wade's first 4 years were all explosive drive to the basket and it was really effective but that kind of playstyle don't last long. But its nice that wade got a ring from playing that style of bball
    Last edited by keep-itreal; 04-27-2010 at 02:28 AM.

Learning to shoot layups

I thought his mid range J is pretty automatic.

Quote Originally Posted by Wagon jumper
    I thought his mid range J is pretty automatic.
    He's shot the 2nd most in the league this year.