Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast
    Mentally-ill retard who won't stop bashing Dwight Howard

Default Re: Rockets and Tracy McGrady agree to try to part ways (Dec 28)

Quote Originally Posted by Bano114
    Yet the Knicks are the #2 team in the league at defending the perimeter, with JJ as our defensive captain...hmmmm....go figure.
    Damn, I did not know that. Thanks for the info.

Slight adjustment to my previous trade a few pages back.

I was thinking about it. Bulls do seem to be clear winners getting two potent scorers for Miller. And Rockets are going to be leery taking Jeffries salary.

Morey did say he wants young talent back in McGrady trade and here he gets a 2009 first rounder, who doesn't seem to play with Bulls.

As much as you think Bulls wouldn't give him up, think about it. If Bulls are trying to clear up as much 2010 cap space as possible, wouldn't clearing another $1.7 million of Johnson's salary help? Especially if he doesn't play? I think they might just want to do that.

Maybe Knicks compensate Bulls by throwing them a 2nd rounder to make it all happen.

Just fine tuning.........

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX2024
    Damn, I did not know that. Thanks for the info.
    Your welcome. They said that during the Pistons game. The Knicks also held opponents under 100 points for 11 strait games until the Nets game.

High School Varsity 6th Man ortonsaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred

Slight adjustment to my previous trade a few pages back.

I was thinking about it. Bulls do seem to be clear winners getting two potent scorers for Miller. And Rockets are going to be leery taking Jeffries salary.

Morey did say he wants young talent back in McGrady trade and here he gets a 2009 first rounder, who doesn't seem to play with Bulls.

As much as you think Bulls wouldn't give him up, think about it. If Bulls are trying to clear up as much 2010 cap space as possible, wouldn't clearing another $1.7 million of Johnson's salary help? Especially if he doesn't play? I think they might just want to do that.

Maybe Knicks compensate Bulls by throwing them a 2nd rounder to make it all happen.

Just fine tuning.........
    put aaron gray and darko milicic instead of jeff jefries and james johnson is better because of their expiring contract
    also the rockets need center more than pf/sf

Quote Originally Posted by ortonsaw
    put aaron gray and darko milicic instead of jeff jefries and james johnson is better because of their expiring contract
    also the rockets need center more than pf/sf
    The only reason Knicks are making the trade is because of Jared Jeffries.

High School Varsity 6th Man ortonsaw's Avatar

Oooo but too bad the rockets won't take him

Oh, why? I thought your defense falls apart when he isn't on the floor? Trying to give the Jazz a higher pick, hoping that by trading your 'defensive captain' you would lure James there? (and I accept you didn't use that term, just thought it went along nicely in this post).

Wow, Morey is really playing the Sixers tough:

Sixers Notes: Iguodala would be price of obtaining McGrady

By Kate Fagan

Inquirer Staff Writer

LOS ANGELES - If the 76ers want Houston Rockets forward Tracy McGrady and his expiring $23 million contract, it will take a package deal built around Sixers swingman Andre Iguodala.

According to a source close to the situation, the Houston Rockets have said they would only consider shipping McGrady to the Sixers if the Sixers "knocked the Rockets over" with the amount of young talent included in the deal.

The source said that the teams have not spoken in "more than a week," but that a deal involving Iguodala "has a chance."

The Rockets, one of only a handful of NBA teams willing to take on salary, would have to be overwhelmed by the talent included - perhaps power forward Thaddeus Young, point guard Lou Williams, or center Marreese Speights - to take on contracts for McGrady's expiring deal.

The same source said the Rockets were unwilling to trade McGrady for Sixers center Samuel Dalembert and power forward Elton Brand, although the source confirmed that the Sixers have been trying to unload both players.

Iguodala, 25, is averaging 19.0 points, 6.9 rebounds, and 5.7 assists a game. Iguodala signed a six-year, $80 million contract on Aug. 17, 2008.

McGrady, 30, has played only 35 games since the 2007-08 season, having undergone microfracture surgery on his left knee in February 2009. He has not played an NBA game since then.
    http://www.philly.com/inquirer/sports/80460547.html

There's no way Philly is getting rid of Iguodala, they might as well commit PR suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by brantonli
    Wow, Morey is really playing the Sixers tough:

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/sports/80460547.html

There's no way Philly is getting rid of Iguodala, they might as well commit PR suicide.
    After reading all the trade proposals by ISH users, getting Iguodala would be a dream come true.

MAKE IT HAPPEN MOREY!!!!!!!!!

NBA lottery pick

Is the GM in philly that retarded?

Quote Originally Posted by ronnymac
    Is the GM in philly that retarded?

I can't believe a deal with Iguodala actually 'has a chance'. I mean, the Sixers will have to practically kill us with heavy, untradeable contracts for the trade to make sense.

Saw a basketball once

Well Iguodala sure sounds better than Jeffries, Curry, Salmons or whatever
    And it seems like Morey really wants to get great value in a deal to even consider it (no bad contracts, young assets).

"The Rockets will consider trading Tracy McGrady to the 76ers if they are "knocked over" with the amount of talent in the deal, a source told Philly.com"

"...would be interested in a trade that includes Andre Iguodala and some of Philadelphia's younger talent"

"...any swap involving Iguodala "has a chance."

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/d...Iguodala_.html

If Morey can pull that off i'll be ecstatic

Smart move, no need to take someone else's garbage to get rid of McGrady. 76ers would need to be pretty desperate to cut payroll if they get rid of Iggy, Dalambert or Brand would be the first choice, but he's their most easily movable long term contract.

that's worse than a hawkfan trade. McGrady for Igoudala. Igoudala is straight up twice the player McGrady is at this point. I could see a Dalembert+fillers for Mcgrady....but Iggy for T-Mac uhhhh hell no. I wouldn't even think about including speights or thad in a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat
    that's worse than a hawkfan trade. McGrady for Igoudala. Igoudala is straight up twice the player McGrady is at this point. I could see a Dalembert+fillers for Mcgrady....but Iggy for T-Mac uhhhh hell no. I wouldn't even think about including speights or thad in a deal.
    I wonder how desperate are the Sixers. I don't see why they would do this for McGrady unless they finally gave up on Andre being part of the future of their team.