Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 31011121314 LastLast

Default Re: Big Ten fan thread

Seriously I'm starting to like Evan Turner. Move over wang, let me on this wagon.

Decent playground baller Lancerballer21's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BTFU98923
    Evan Turner is scary good. Not only as a player, but how he rubs off on the rest of the team.
    Yea and he really steps up in the big games. Just look at his performance against Purdue (not trying to rub it in BTFU just saying) 32 and 9, just what we needed to win.

On a side note i am impressed at his willingness to attack the basket and go up for dunks after that terrifying back injury aganist Eastern Michigan. Im thinking he is gonna be a great NBA player

Quote Originally Posted by Lancerballer21
    Yea and he really steps up in the big games. Just look at his performance against Purdue (not trying to rub it in BTFU just saying) 32 and 9, just what we needed to win.

On a side note i am impressed at his willingness to attack the basket and go up for dunks after that terrifying back injury aganist Eastern Michigan. Im thinking he is gonna be a great NBA player
    I don't think he will ever be an elite pro. He is no doubt amazing and probably top 5 in college, but I don't know how great he will be at the next level. If he could improve his shot I think he would be amazing though.

Quote Originally Posted by Maize'N'Blue
    I don't think he will ever be an elite pro. He is no doubt amazing and probably top 5 in college, but I don't know how great he will be at the next level. If he could improve his shot I think he would be amazing though.
    The reason i said i think he is gonna be a great pro is his versatility. After last season thad matta wanted him to play point guard (which he has never done before) and he is playing tremendously. Sure he isn't a true point guard but he is stepping up where his team needs him to. I think that has to be very valuable when NBA scouts are looking at him.

Great college starter Black Joker's Avatar

disappointing loss by OSU to WVU yesterday. thought we'd have it with the lead going into half-time

no he was the complete story in the 2nd half of that game, and purdue just couldn't stop him. i can't wait to face OSU again....hopefully purdue puts together a complete game

Quote Originally Posted by BTFU98923
    no he was the complete story in the 2nd half of that game, and purdue just couldn't stop him. i can't wait to face OSU again....hopefully purdue puts together a complete game
    I felt flashbacks of the OSU-Purdue game while i was watching the WVU game. Tale of two halves but this time ohio state was the losing team. At least we are still in the top 25 though.

Decent college freshman TheGame414's Avatar

The reason i said i think he is gonna be a great pro is his versatility. After last season thad matta wanted him to play point guard (which he has never done before) and he is playing tremendously. Sure he isn't a true point guard but he is stepping up where his team needs him to. I think that has to be very valuable when NBA scouts are looking at him.
    Not true. There's a reason he's made a seamless transition to the point: that's what he originally was as a kid. When they were younger, Demetri McCamey was the burly big man and Evan Turner, who hit a big growth spurt in high school, was the point guard. Turner kept growing and McCamey stopped growing, and they eventually flipped roles with DMac moving to the point and Turner becoming an inside-out forward.

So yes, he's versatile, but playing the point isn't new to him. He was one by nature and had McCamey not been one of the country's top point guard prospects he may have never given up the role even as he grew.

Saw a basketball once

Weekly NCAA Power Rankings as of February 1st

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...ary.html?cat=9

Quote Originally Posted by TheGame414
    Not true. There's a reason he's made a seamless transition to the point: that's what he originally was as a kid. When they were younger, Demetri McCamey was the burly big man and Evan Turner, who hit a big growth spurt in high school, was the point guard. Turner kept growing and McCamey stopped growing, and they eventually flipped roles with DMac moving to the point and Turner becoming an inside-out forward.

So yes, he's versatile, but playing the point isn't new to him. He was one by nature and had McCamey not been one of the country's top point guard prospects he may have never given up the role even as he grew.
    Oh i did not know that... i feel kind of dumb now...

Decent college freshman TheGame414's Avatar

You shouldn't. Had I not followed their recruitments so closely- considering at one point it looked like a lock that both McCamey and Turner were coming to Illinois; in fact, I was floored by his commit to OSU because I was almost sure he was going to commit to Illinois sometime that week- I may not have known that, either. But it is interesting, though, that McCamey is the one that had to grown into and learn the point guard position, because he wasn't one by nature.

There have been national TV analysts that have commented on Turner's play at the point despite supposedly never having played it before, so if guys that are payed to talk about it are making the same point you shouldn't feel dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGame414
    You shouldn't. Had I not followed their recruitments so closely- considering at one point it looked like a lock that both McCamey and Turner were coming to Illinois; in fact, I was floored by his commit to OSU because I was almost sure he was going to commit to Illinois sometime that week- I may not have known that, either. But it is interesting, though, that McCamey is the one that had to grown into and learn the point guard position, because he wasn't one by nature.

There have been national TV analysts that have commented on Turner's play at the point despite supposedly never having played it before, so if guys that are payed to talk about it are making the same point you shouldn't feel dumb.
    Yeah gut i pride myself in knowing more about Ohio State bball than most of my friends know about all of college basketball... i should have known that

Michigan: The best basketball team ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Maize'N'Blue
    Michigan: The best basketball team ever?
    There are some things that u cant even joke about

Great college starter Black Joker's Avatar

great performance by Turner today in the win against the hawkeyes