Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Kidd suspended 2 games for DUI conviction

Kidd has been suspended for two games for pleading guilty to driving while ability impaired, in violation of the law of the State of New York, the NBA announced today.

Read more at http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=1...DLdaMhszYKf.99

-----

In line with expectations for what happened....
    Last edited by insidehoops; 10-04-2013 at 12:06 PM.

   

Default Re: Kidd suspended 2 games for DUI conviction

it's funny... at ND, many of the commentors are freaking out about the idea of lawrence frank coaching the first two games, as if it's some huge kind of massive setback. but if frank hadn't agreed to come along and hold his hand, kidd never would have applied for the job in the first place. as a rookie HC with limited assistant experience at best he snagged arguably the top assistant coach in the NBA.

i mean... i know people like to hold petty drudges and all, but when it turns in to their personal belief systems, you know they got it bad.

these are generally the same knuckleheads who call kidd a wife-beater and give him hell for calling out sick once with a migraine... when he's with another team. now that he's back with the nets, it's all forgotten, boy.

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    it's funny... at ND, many of the commentors are freaking out about the idea of lawrence frank coaching the first two games, as if it's some huge kind of massive setback. but if frank hadn't agreed to come along and hold his hand, kidd never would have applied for the job in the first place. as a rookie HC with limited assistant experience at best he snagged arguably the top assistant coach in the NBA.

i mean... i know people like to hold petty drudges and all, but when it turns in to their personal belief systems, you know they got it bad.

these are generally the same knuckleheads who call kidd a wife-beater and give him hell for calling out sick once with a migraine... when he's with another team. now that he's back with the nets, it's all forgotten, boy.
    I love the site, probably my go to Nets site (sorry ISH) but some of the posters give me a headache sometimes. Yesterdays preseason game for example, everyone was yelling for Reggie Evans to get benched for no reason. Reggie was playing like his usual self, being energetic and grabbing boards, certainly not playing better then usual but isn't doing anything wrong. They also wanted Mirza to get PT, which I certainly understand because I wanted to see Mirza play too but it is a preseason game after all and everyone will get their turn. I don't know why I just vented on ND on ISH lol.

As for L Frank, I agree. Franks basically been the head coach in training camp as Jason is still learning the ropes. We'll be fine come opening night.

   

Quote Originally Posted by MTing
    I love the site, probably my go to Nets site (sorry ISH) but some of the posters give me a headache sometimes. Yesterdays preseason game for example, everyone was yelling for Reggie Evans to get benched for no reason. Reggie was playing like his usual self, being energetic and grabbing boards, certainly not playing better then usual but isn't doing anything wrong. They also wanted Mirza to get PT, which I certainly understand because I wanted to see Mirza play too but it is a preseason game after all and everyone will get their turn. I don't know why I just vented on ND on ISH lol.

As for L Frank, I agree. Franks basically been the head coach in training camp as Jason is still learning the ropes. We'll be fine come opening night.

and the fans rarely seem to understand that players are generally given lots and lots of time in practice and scrimmage to shine. all things being equal, i would assume mirza is still struggling to put it all together.

and the fans rarely seem to understand that players are generally given lots and lots of time in practice and scrimmage to shine. all things being equal, i would assume mirza is still struggling to put it all together.
    He had a good outing in the preseason game. Did you see it? It was weird seeing KG and Pierce in Nets jerseys. Pierce especially, seeing him not in green is gonna take some times getting used to.

   

He had a good outing in the preseason game. Did you see it? It was weird seeing KG and Pierce in Nets jerseys. Pierce especially, seeing him not in green is gonna take some times getting used to.
    fair enough, although a good performance is just the tip of the iceberg from the coaching POV. they're the ones wearing the scuba suits... we're the ones sitting in the kiddie seats at sea world.

i'm not a big fan of the preseason games. the NBA season goes on for centuries as is, and i'm trying to catch up with a lot of shows i've neglected recently. not to mention, MMA, tennis and table tennis all come before basketball for me.

Unrelated to topic but more in line with your conversation, I'd like to see Kidd a bit more active and the Nets present it more like Kidd is in charge. Perception is reality and I don't see the point of Frank being presented like he's in charge, we've seen him in charge before, it doesn't work. The point is that Kidd would be able (with a little experience) to do it better. Let him do it. Helping is not being a figurehead and so far Kidd looks like a figurehead. That needs to change.

fair enough, although a good performance is just the tip of the iceberg from the coaching POV. they're the ones wearing the scuba suits... we're the ones sitting in the kiddie seats at sea world.

i'm not a big fan of the preseason games. the NBA season goes on for centuries as is, and i'm trying to catch up with a lot of shows i've neglected recently. not to mention, MMA, tennis and table tennis all come before basketball for me.
    Yeah preseason isn't a big thing for me either, I usually just catch the first one to see how the new additions are. This year is different though because we had to wait 4 months to see KG and Pierce play in a Nets uniform. I was legit counting the days lol.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Unrelated to topic but more in line with your conversation, I'd like to see Kidd a bit more active and the Nets present it more like Kidd is in charge. Perception is reality and I don't see the point of Frank being presented like he's in charge, we've seen him in charge before, it doesn't work. The point is that Kidd would be able (with a little experience) to do it better. Let him do it. Helping is not being a figurehead and so far Kidd looks like a figurehead. That needs to change.
    Kidd doesn't seem to be a vocal coach. I know it was a preseason game but he sat on the bench most of the game and rarely stood up. He said himself that he will be a sitter. I don't know if thats a good thing or bad but I bet it'll be a while before we see him get his first Technical has a head coach.

Also I agree with you on the Frank thing, I think Kidd will eventually take full reign of being a head coach. He is a rookie coach after all and is still learning the ropes.

   

i have to disagree strongly about frank being a less than desirable coach. he's a very good NBA coach and the nets are extremely lucky to have him back.

IMO going by his wins and losses is silly, since he's had so little to work with for so long. no... any time he's had a well-rounded team he's produced good seasons, and even with below-average talent he'll almost always overachieve. no... there is a reason why he was made one of the youngest coaches in history and a reason why he keeps getting hired in top positions, and it ain't because he's a bad coach.

as for kidd, i agree with you MT... i think that stuff will work itself out. he knows the game and knows how to handle people, and is not someone who's going to slack off. some guys are low-key coaches during games, and that's just the way it is. we already know he can make the walls shake when he's not happy with a team.

it's also a special situation. as in, there's already so much leadership spread all over the team that kidd doesn't have to be the kind of coach that he would if it was a young team. he knows this. they know it.

i think the real key to this season is the duo of deron and brook. actually, sounds like brook took a big leap forward across the board this summer, but i'm not sure how all that extra muscle is going to wear on his body and his quickness. and d-will... his occasional moodiness and lack of leadership needs to vanish this season. i sincerely hope he is humble and smart enough to hitch his wagon to the big ticket train, because getting sullen and pouting about stuff is probably going to backfire heavily on him this time around.

i have to disagree strongly about frank being a less than desirable coach. he's a very good NBA coach and the nets are extremely lucky to have him back.

IMO going by his wins and losses is silly, since he's had so little to work with for so long. no... any time he's had a well-rounded team he's produced good seasons, and even with below-average talent he'll almost always overachieve. no... there is a reason why he was made one of the youngest coaches in history and a reason why he keeps getting hired in top positions, and it ain't because he's a bad coach.

as for kidd, i agree with you MT... i think that stuff will work itself out. he knows the game and knows how to handle people, and is not someone who's going to slack off. some guys are low-key coaches during games, and that's just the way it is. we already know he can make the walls shake when he's not happy with a team.

it's also a special situation. as in, there's already so much leadership spread all over the team that kidd doesn't have to be the kind of coach that he would if it was a young team. he knows this. they know it.

i think the real key to this season is the duo of deron and brook. actually, sounds like brook took a big leap forward across the board this summer, but i'm not sure how all that extra muscle is going to wear on his body and his quickness. and d-will... his occasional moodiness and lack of leadership needs to vanish this season. i sincerely hope he is humble and smart enough to hitch his wagon to the big ticket train, because getting sullen and pouting about stuff is probably going to backfire heavily on him this time around.
    We do need to remember a lot of the moodiness last year came from the confirmation that his son had issues that I think Deron had trouble understanding? It seems like he's got a much better handle, better pattern going. My son has mild speech issues and it's stressful, I can't imagine what it must be like when it's much worse, and if you've ever seen Deron, that son is ALWAYS with him because he responds much better with Daddy around.

   

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    We do need to remember a lot of the moodiness last year came from the confirmation that his son had issues that I think Deron had trouble understanding? It seems like he's got a much better handle, better pattern going. My son has mild speech issues and it's stressful, I can't imagine what it must be like when it's much worse, and if you've ever seen Deron, that son is ALWAYS with him because he responds much better with Daddy around.
    that's true. i remember last season deron reportedly had many sleepless nights because of his son's issues. he easily could have hired a nanny or somesuch but chose to handle it himself... so that's a pretty good sign right there. also, having to rehabilitate his injuries at the same time, underperforming and having to grind through all that misery.

so are you more excited for the knicks or the nets, this year? i don't mean that sarcastically or anything... i always have a 2nd team that my heart pulls for... almost always the one that kidd is with... so now it's a bit tougher this year. :P but, always happy to see the spurs do well.

that's true. i remember last season deron reportedly had many sleepless nights because of his son's issues. he easily could have hired a nanny or somesuch but chose to handle it himself... so that's a pretty good sign right there. also, having to rehabilitate his injuries at the same time, underperforming and having to grind through all that misery.

so are you more excited for the knicks or the nets, this year? i don't mean that sarcastically or anything... i always have a 2nd team that my heart pulls for... almost always the one that kidd is with... so now it's a bit tougher this year. :P but, always happy to see the spurs do well.
    Do you know Deron's son speaks and interacts much more when Daddy is around than when he's not? That's why you'll see Deron answering questions right after practice and his son is on is lap, it's because his therapy and such goes much better if Deron is there.

I don't really ever have a second team, generally i want team a or team b to win a certain game but once they do it passes. (If the Net play the heat i want the Nets, if they win im happy, they lose im not, and it's gone 13 seconds later). Generally young and up coming teams i like to watch, if anyone has titles it's hard for me to generate wanting them to win yet again.

I didn't know about his son's issue, sounds like Deron is a great dad. But right now he's having ankle issues again... I'm still hopeful he'll be ready to go for the season opener but I'm a little nervous now. Of course there's always that rumor that pops up every time one of our stars get injured that the Nets hide injuries and tell their fans not to worry.

   

carajo... pescados frios.

I didn't know about his son's issue, sounds like Deron is a great dad. But right now he's having ankle issues again... I'm still hopeful he'll be ready to go for the season opener but I'm a little nervous now. Of course there's always that rumor that pops up every time one of our stars get injured that the Nets hide injuries and tell their fans not to worry.
    He's always been a rather surly guy. It's just who he is. But to adopt a kid with a problem like that and to do all that he's done is a pretty good indicator of what kind of dude he must be.