Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    DON'T FEED THE TROLL arifgokcen's Avatar

Default Re: Lebron's Defense on Carmelo Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by airchibundo507
    Game 1 the Knicks were unprepared for the excessive Melo fronting and Woodson was slow to make adjustments. Melo was rattled from the start of the game (a trend to begin postseasons).

Game 3 Amar'e was out. Melo was literally the only scoring option and the defense converged on him.

Besides those 2 games, Melo shot 12-26 FG in game 2, 15-29 FG in game 4 and 15-31 FG in game 5. Melo improved as the series progressed. Sure it is somewhat tasteless to pick and choose games from the series, but he had more good games than bad games and you can't deny that he was the only legitimate scoring option on the team.
    So whats the point of this post.You actually think battier is better defender than lebron than ok probably all the coaches and every gm and every player thinks lebron is one of the best defenders and best overall defender in the league.So it actually doesnt matter what you or any other knicks fans or lebron haters think.Move along buddy

Worst part is if you really look for the plays when lebron defended him,miami almost never doubled when lebron defends melo.They didnt double against rose durant et. when lebron is the primary defender.SO .......................
    Last edited by arifgokcen; 05-10-2012 at 06:52 AM.

I wasn't taking a stance in the argument.

Obviously LeBron is more aggressive and physically imposing than Battier. He is much better at denying the ball when fronting Melo and thus more effective at forcing Melo out of his comfort zone. LeBron is larger and does a better job of contesting shots. Melo was forced to take fadeaways and off balanced shots late in the series to get off clean looks over LeBron and he managed to drill them.

LeBron is the better defender than Battier, obviously. My point is that Melo is Melo and he can get his more often than not. Let's not pretend Melo didn't light LeBron's ass up for 42 points in the regular season. He struggled early in the series against LeBron because there were psychological factors at work. His airballs early in the series (which were hardly contested by LeBron) were completely uncharacteristic of him and showed that he was rattled by the match-up and not necessarily the defense.

It was excellent indeed..

DON'T FEED THE TROLL arifgokcen's Avatar

Obviously LeBron is more aggressive and physically imposing than Battier. He is much better at denying the ball when fronting Melo and thus more effective at forcing Melo out of his comfort zone. LeBron is larger and does a better job of contesting shots. Melo was forced to take fadeaways and off balanced shots late in the series to get off clean looks over LeBron and he managed to drill them.

LeBron is the better defender than Battier, obviously. My point is that Melo is Melo and he can get his more often than not. Let's not pretend Melo didn't light LeBron's ass up for 42 points in the regular season. He struggled early in the series against LeBron because there were psychological factors at work. His airballs early in the series (which were hardly contested by LeBron) were completely uncharacteristic of him and showed that he was rattled by the match-up and not necessarily the defense.
    Hmm ok.My only problem with this post is regular season is not playoffs.Lebron raised his game defensively.Carmelo is still hot however against a defender like lebron especially in playoffs you are not gonna be able to put up the points you do like in regular season.Anyway thats my point

bump

Regular Season ain't the same as the Playoffs

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

He is the Best All Around Player in the Game by Far

Insane lockdown D.