Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast
    KingKobe
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: The time has come: Clevelands Countdown to losing streak record. Official thread.

theyve lost hope. they got the talent to play well

He shoots, he bricks. Mr. Grieves's Avatar

Default Re: The time has come: Clevelands Countdown to losing streak record. Official thread.

Denver crowns them tomorrow.

The funnier thing is that this thread got stickied.
    But yeah it will go past 20.

chalk up another one

Almost!!! Only lost by 14 tonight. Way to go Cavs.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ctown4eva
    Pretty pathetic how some of you relish in this. As if Cleveland ever did anything to, well, anyone.

Oh well. People are just mean-spirited. We'll get over it. We've had worse happen to us, just FYI.
    +1

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Pathetic that people "relish" in an awful team losing every night in amusing fashion? Quit being sensitive. What...is the Clippers being the clippers for 30 years not funny? Was it not amusing when the Magic were on like a 19 game losing streak in 04 wondering when Barkley would have to drink the MD 20/20 when they finally won? Was it not amusing following the loins going 0-16?

Im a Bears and Panthers fan. dont think ive followed some shitty teams? I watched Jimmy clausen have some 58 yard passing games this year. Ive heard shit talked about it. So what?

The shit is funny. You finding people pathetic over it is just being a poor sport.

The Bulls were garbage for years. Didnt hear me bitching because teams were murdered through the 90s had fans who laughed at us winning 15 games.

Responding like that just makes it even funnier.

Team that won 66 and 61 games the last 2 years is about to be on a 38 gme losing streak or some shit and its fans acting like its pathetic of anyone to post about it 2-3 times making fun of it.

Man up and take it without acting like people are being "mean" to find something funny when its....funny.

This isnt an old lady falling in the snow. Its a basketball team. making fun doesnt make you "mean" to a city.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Pathetic that people "relish" in an awful team losing every night in amusing fashion? Quit being sensitive. What...is the Clippers being the clippers for 30 years not funny? Was it not amusing when the Magic were on like a 19 game losing streak in 04 wondering when Barkley would have to drink the MD 20/20 when they finally won? Was it not amusing following the loins going 0-16?

Im a Bears and Panthers fan. dont think ive followed some shitty teams? I watched Jimmy clausen have some 58 yard passing games this year. Ive heard shit talked about it. So what?

The shit is funny. You finding people pathetic over it is just being a poor sport.

The Bulls were garbage for years. Didnt hear me bitching because teams were murdered through the 90s had fans who laughed at us winning 15 games.

Team that won 66 and 61 games the last 2 years is about to be on a 38 gme losing streak or some shit and its fans acting like its pathetic of anyone to post about it 2-3 times making fun of it.

Man up and take it without acting like people are being "mean" to find something funny when its....funny.

This isnt an old lady falling in the snow. Its a basketball team. making fun doesnt make you "mean" to a city.

goood, good, this. that. well said.

Quote Originally Posted by ctown4eva
    Pretty pathetic how some of you relish in this. As if Cleveland ever did anything to, well, anyone.

Oh well. People are just mean-spirited. We'll get over it. We've had worse happen to us, just FYI.

I don't know about any one but thank god this shit is over

I am your soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller

I wish someone would've decked him for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855

It's not so much this particular thread or even the talk about the losing streak. It is the extreme anger that some people seem to have regarding Cleveland that I find odd. It isn't that I find it 'mean' or that I would prefer for people to just ignore what is happening right now with the Cavs.

Go ahead... Laugh it up. The Cavs are laughably bad right now, that is for sure. However, Cleveland --in general-- seems to be the sports' world pinata at the moment and I don't really understand why. We've had the worst record in the NBA relatively recently and I don't remember any venom being spit our way during the losses.

I even had one prominent poster on this board tell me that the Cavaliers' problems were the most enjoyable thing that he has experienced this season and that includes a very strong start by his own team.

And, no offense, but a Bears, Panthers and Bulls fan knows nothing of the kind of sporting failures that we have experienced here in Cleveland... Absolutely nothing. It is THE most tortured sports town in the country (possibly the world) and there isn't a close 2nd.

Browns, Indians, Cavaliers.

Yeah, we know about losing. The losing is nothing new. People relishing our sports team's failures is new.

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller

What did that have to do with Cleveland sports fans?
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 01-29-2011 at 01:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    What did that have to do with Cleveland sports fans?
    Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Cleveland fans. I just hated how overconfident they were. I also find funny how this team went from the best team of the league(tough to be at least in the finals in 09/10) to the worst team in the league. And thank god no more dance routines in the middle of the game

On the national circuit, all I keep hearing is, "Cleveland is a garbage hellhole. Why would ANYONE in their right MIND want to play there?!?!" (or something to that effect.

The verbal assassination hasn't necessarily been on the Cavs so much as its been on the city itself.

This is where the NFL gets it right, and the NBA doesn't (among other things). Obviously, trying to compare the two is like apples and oranges, but in the NFL, your location doesn't matter.

Players shouldn't let it matter either. YOu are a paid professional, no matter what city lands you. Deal with it (and leave as a free agent in a respectful manner if its really THAT bad). Plus, you can live wherever you want during the offseason, and after your career is over.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

It's not so much this particular thread or even the talk about the losing streak. It is the extreme anger that some people seem to have regarding Cleveland that I find odd. It isn't that I find it 'mean' or that I would prefer for people to just ignore what is happening right now with the Cavs.
    Its hard to show your ass on national TV, literally cry on tv like little girls, burn jerseys, have an owner come out like a douchebag and make threats, and all that...and not get laughed at when you are 8-40 or whatever it is. If Cleveland showed some class Lebron would probably be more hated than he is and people would feel bad for the Cavs fans more than they do. Lebrons dick move got overshadowed in ways by the city and team acting like *******.

I rememebr reports of Lebrons old social worker on Cleveland radio talking shit.

Was the weakest ive see na sports town look Ever.

Go ahead... Laugh it up. The Cavs are laughably bad right now, that is for sure. However, Cleveland --in general-- seems to be the sports' world pinata at the moment and I don't really understand why. We've had the worst record in the NBA relatively recently and I don't remember any venom being spit our way during the losses.

I even had one prominent poster on this board tell me that the Cavaliers' problems were the most enjoyable thing that he has experienced this season and that includes a very strong start by his own team.

And, no offense, but a Bears, Panthers and Bulls fan knows nothing of the kind of sporting failures that we have experienced here in Cleveland... Absolutely nothing. It is THE most tortured sports town in the country (possibly the world) and there isn't a close 2nd.

Browns, Indians, Cavaliers.

Yeah, we know about losing. The losing is nothing new. People relishing our sports team's failures is new.
    I promise you...that "Woe is we!" shit is part of it. Nobody is trying to hear that shit. There is no love in the heart of the city...or in sports. Its almost like Cubs fans. If you actually won you might seem pissed off just because you cant talk about how long its been since you won.

Cleveland fans the last few years went from the often annoying "We are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO good!" shit that goes with any winning team(Bulls and our fans included) to bitching about how hard you have it.

It allmashed up into a situation where its just funny as hell to see you look like garbage. Its not personal. I remember Knicks fans having signs picking on the Bulls when we sucked without MJ.

When you go from the top to the bottom its funny enough. Add to it all that homotional shit and how it came after years of so many Cavs fans laughing at the idea that he would even leave? Mocking people who claimed that they wouldnt stay on the Cavs when they could go to ____.

Its too much at once. The fall. The hilarity of the cavs fans reaction to the decision? And a soon to be 54 game losing streak?

Its just funny. Deal with it till someone takes the crown of thorns. The Clippers are always a threat for that.