Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Magic Johnson

Default Re: Lakers aren't getting anyone

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
    I like that idea. I'd rather start with NOTHING once kobe is done and use the lead the lakers back to glory selling point to lure whoever the best player at the time is here in free agency.

Bynum should be able to net you 3 rotational players. ANYTHING is better than watching the same team again.
    For all his flaws, Bynum has a lot of value around the league. He may be injury prone and immature, but he's a 7'1 monster with a ridiculous wingspan and a strong work ethic. At worst we'd get back a young, athletic player, which is something we really need.

I'd like Mitch to call up Orlando and offer Bynum and Gasol for Howard. I know that's a lot of talent to give up, but Howard has proven to be a franchise player. I don't know if we'd seriously compete with Kobe, Howard, and a bunch of scrubs, but it would make rebuilding a lot easier once Kobe's contract comes off the books, and I imagine Howard's star power would draw interest from potential role players.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
    they do have the stones to do it...but they are not going to give away their players...like pau for Scola/lowry or Pay for Derrick Williams

heck the lakers rejected already Pau for Josh smith....
    Would you really rather go into this season with the same guys that got wrecked last year or sign sessions and trade pau for josh smith then beasley for hill?

I dont know why the lakers turned that down. Its a home run. Who knows how dwight feels about coming here with josh then? Take the chance. Ugh.

Scola and lowry is a bad idea but I like derrick williams and whoever else minny gives.

Very good NBA starter

Gasol WILL be traded. Though I don't really want it to happen... I hope we get back a promising young PF who can shoot / get cheap points from rebounding, young PG who can shoot and play D, & a consistent scorer for the bench.

Id love to have a Varejao type of guy at PF.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    For all his flaws, Bynum has a lot of value around the league. He may be injury prone and immature, but he's a 7'1 monster with a ridiculous wingspan and a strong work ethic. At worst we'd get back a young, athletic player, which is something we really need.

I'd like Mitch to call up Orlando and offer Bynum and Gasol for Howard. I know that's a lot of talent to give up, but Howard has proven to be a franchise player. I don't know if we'd seriously compete with Kobe, Howard, and a bunch of scrubs, but it would make rebuilding a lot easier once Kobe's contracts come off the books, and I imagine Howard's star power would draw interest from potential role players.
    Howard isn't willing to resign so all that would do is give up everything and howard could leave at the end of the year. Risky. We won't be able to get anyone either. Now if you get yourself josh smith for pau, howards bestie, then you put in bynum maybe howard wants to come here a little more and says trade me to lakers or im leaving.. which they will gladly do.

With that said, I'd still rather see what kobe and howard can do in one year than watch these slobs stuff their square pegs into a circle again.

You guys still have the black mamba... While you guys won't be as interesting or fun to watch as these new teams that are forming, y'all still can't be underestimated, even without any big FA signings. If you guys need a PG we can give you Chalmers & Cash considerations for Bynum. Get it done, Riley!

Oh and fire Mike Brown.

Keep it tight for me The-Legend-24's Avatar

They better get something, keeping this team the same isn't gonna cut it. Doesn't really matter who it is to me, either Gasol or Bynum, as long as we get some good pieces in return. C'mon Mitch!!!!

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

Would you really rather go into this season with the same guys that got wrecked last year or sign sessions and trade pau for josh smith then beasley for hill?

I dont know why the lakers turned that down. Its a home run. Who knows how dwight feels about coming here with josh then? Take the chance. Ugh.

Scola and lowry is a bad idea but I like derrick williams and whoever else minny gives.
    miami showed us last year...that even if you are 3 of the top 10 players in the league...it will take time to gel and play with each other

Lakers are looking to create a bench right now and they seriuosly think thats what they were missing and i agree with them

thats why u hear names like Mayo/Hawes/humpries/N young/beasy linked to the lakers

and seriously thats what they need

Magic Johnson

Howard isn't willing to resign so all that would do is give up everything and howard could leave at the end of the year. Risky. We won't be able to get anyone either. Now if you get yourself josh smith for pau, howards bestie, then you put in bynum maybe howard wants to come here a little more and says trade me to lakers or im leaving.. which they will gladly do.
    Where is Howard going to go? I'd rather do that trade and risk Howard leaving. I have a hard time believing he'd be willing to give up $20 million dollars, "Showtime," AND playing with another superstar. That would be extremely difficult to walk away from.

I don't like the Gasol/Smith trade, but I'm not totally against it. At least Smith plays hard. He'd instantly make this team better because he's a better defender than Gasol and he'd give us more than 12/10 in the playoffs. With that said, his ceiling would be much lower and I'm not sure he'd fit with Kobe and Bynum. He would do very badly off the ball and spotting up for jump shots.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
    miami showed us last year...that even if you are 3 of the top 10 players in the league...it will take time to gel and play with each other

Lakers are looking to create a bench right now and they seriuosly think thats what they were missing and i agree with them

thats why u hear names like Mayo/Hawes/humpries/N young/beasy linked to the lakers

and seriously thats what they need
    I wish we had 3 top 10 players in the league. We have 1.

The ISH'ers Champion!

Not worried, although I hate D-leaguer scrubs get minutes in LA. This year was just too much to swallow with Barnes, Ebanks, Blake, Sessions, Murphy and Mcbob...

Magic Johnson

I'll emphasize that I think we need to find a guy who can play off the ball or whose role isn't defined as a scorer. Kobe and Bynum are very gifted at their respective crafts, but both guys are ball stoppers and it throws everyone else out of rhythm. If we do trade Gasol, I think the only way this team becomes a championship contender is if the guy coming back is a deadly spot up shooter and can move without the ball. Given that there are very few players who can do that, I would rather trade Bynum and see if playing in the post rejuvenates Gasol.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PickernRoller
    Not worried, although I hate D-leaguer scrubs get minutes in LA. This year was just too much to swallow with Barnes, Ebanks, Blake, Sessions, Murphy and Mcbob...
    Am I the only one that noticed barnes out of his 8 or so attempts in the playoffs, all wide open, did not hit the rim or backboard a single time?

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    I'm not trying to hate or anything but I do think this line of thinking is funny coming from a Spurs fan.
    What's so funny about it? We were legit title contenders this year. You guys haven't been the last 2.

Keep it tight for me The-Legend-24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PickernRoller
    I'm not sure he ever hit a shot in the playoffs even when he was wide-open, wow lol. We really need some better bench players.

Quote Originally Posted by TMT
    What's so funny about it? We were legit title contenders this year. You guys haven't been the last 2.
    lakers and spurs were legit contenders until they both met the thunder.