View Single Post
Old 01-11-2009, 01:59 AM   #26
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Default Re: Caron Butler to the Raps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
I've seen much worse trades than that. But getting 2 unprotected 1st round picks is an extremely valuable commodity. Especially if the Raptors remain in the 10-20 range. Washington seems to be extremely desperate right now knowing that Eddie Jordan is gone, Arenas will never be the same and Antawn is getting older. A shakeup is needed for sure. I'm not sure about them trading Caron but getting a young hustle PF in Humphries, a solid backup SF in Moon, and a quality veteran leader in Anthony Parker + 2 1st round picks would definitely get them to AT LEAST pick up their phone.

Those 1st round picks lose a ton of value once you add Butler to a team of Bosh, Calderon, O'Neal, Bargnani and whoever is left. The Raptors make the playoffs and Washington is getting a pick in the high teens or low 20's.

If the Raptors had to trade Bosh, would you accept that package in return but let's say instead of Moon, it's Calderon in there (since Bosh is better than Butler)? I doubt it. So why would another team rebuild by trading its best player for backups and low 1st round picks?
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote