Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

Default Re: Anthony Parker: Euroleague God/Role Player in the NBA

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    USA has never once beaten Europe. They have won and lost to single countries from Europe. The Euroleague is comprised of top players from EUROPE, not single countries.

Team USA would get demolished against an actual European wide team.
    This is a stupid post. It's not U.S.A. v Europe. It's the NBA v. European leagues.

So if you want to amend your statement to an NBA wide team would get demolished then you can.... and then we'll all laugh at you.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    Ok, if you say so

He has an excellent point there. A team of ALL Europe would be more comparable to United States team.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    Do they keep a stat for almost winning now? What site can I find the almost winning pct. of olympic teams against the U.S.? Which country do you think has the highest almost winning pct. against the U.S.

The point was, they almost lost to SPAIN. How big is Spain compared to the US ???

Spain = 46 million people
    U.S. = 305 million people.

That's not an entirely comparable pool of talent to use.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by bwink23
    He has an excellent point there. A team of ALL Europe would be more comparable to United States team.
    Calderon
    Rubio
    Batum
    Dirk
    Gasol

You know I love AP but he is nothing more than a 3 point shooter, Euroleague is a completely different style.

The point was, they almost lost to SPAIN. How big is Spain compared to the US ???

Spain = 46 million people
    U.S. = 305 million people.

That's not an entirely comparable pool of talent to use.

I don't get that argument at all. Yeah and Spain shits on the U.S. in soccer. What does the total population of the country have to do with it's ability in specific sports? You should look at the population of the particular sport community in said country, good luck finding that stat. I mean if you're comparing like the Vatican City or some shit fine... but no... just no.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by BankShot
    Calderon
    Rubio
    Batum
    Dirk
    Gasol

Spain had Rudy Fernandez and Luis Scola when they almost handed Team U.S.A. their ass, and a 17-year old Rubio. I believe Marc Gasol as well. Throw Pau in there too. Spain alone has a formidable team....Now take the best from the next best countries like Dirk from Germany and lump them together.

3-time NBA All-Star

Spain had Rudy Fernandez and Luis Scola when they almost handed Team U.S.A. their ass, and a 17-year old Rubio. I believe Marc Gasol as well. Throw Pau in there too. Spain alone has a formidable team....Now take the best from the next best countries like Dirk from Germany and lump them together.
    Scola plays/played for Argentina with Ginobli

Scola the Argentinian player played for Spain?

Interesting.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP

I don't get that argument at all. Yeah and Spain shits on the U.S. in soccer. What does the total population of the country have to do with it's ability in specific sports? You should look at the population of the particular sport community in said country, good luck finding that stat. I mean if you're comparing like the Vatican City or some shit fine... but no... just no.

Yes.....just Yes....it's a GENETIC gene pool....it's like Class sports based on population....more people = more breeding of the finer athletes.

What are your chances of pulling out superior athletes out of 46 million people as opposed to 305 million??

That's like the NBA just drafting players from the West Coast.....not even close.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease King1991nba's Avatar

Euroleague is boring... Only couple of teams are playing for the fans (Real Madrid and Maccabi, maybe CSKA)... everything else is boring as shit, trust me... I'm watching NBA and Euroleague so I can compare...

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by BankShot
    Scola plays/played for Argentina with Ginobli
    OK maybe i was wrong but that doesnt' take away from what Spain did or what could happen by combining the best players in Europe.....which is the point Euroleague was making..

Saying "Euroleague sucks" is a generalized term saying that all of Europe sucks....United States has the best talent, but we were beating smaller countries.

didnt most of best players take a break from that some world tourament like two years ago and we still won with our second team?

you could probly take an all europe team and put them against any nba team and we'd probly win.
    Last edited by LBJMVP; 02-24-2012 at 08:22 PM.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by LBJMVP
    didnt most of best players take a break from that some world tourament like two years ago and we still won with our second team?

And we almost lost with our first team....so what's your point?

Yes.....just Yes....it's a GENETIC gene pool....it's like Class sports based on population....more people = more breeding of the finer athletes.

What are your chances of pulling out superior athletes out of 46 million people as opposed to 305 million??

That's like the NBA just drafting players from the West Coast.....not even close.

But it doesn't matter if say 90% of those potential athletes are focusing on a different sport. Then your numbers are entirely different.

I understand what you're trying to say, but it's all about the population of people playing said sport.

That said at the end of the day it doesn't matter at all what that population is, it's all about results.