Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Lad

Default Derrick Rose out for the season

Earlier this morning, Rose underwent successful surgery to repair his previously torn medial meniscus in his right knee. The surgery was performed at Rush University Medical Center by Chicago Bulls head team physician Dr. Brian Cole and team physician Dr. Chuck Bush Joseph.

Rose is out for the remainder of the season. He suffered his injury in the third quarter of Chicago’s loss at Portland on Friday night.

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=14827
    Last edited by insidehoops; 11-25-2013 at 01:14 PM.

Default Re: Derrick Rose out for the season

Derrick Rose's season is over. The former MVP who missed all of last season is done for 2013-14 after surgery to repair a torn medial meniscus.
    So Pacers vs Heat, best of 21 series?

Good college starter

I think we've seen the best of Rose, which is a shame considering he was so young. At least the organization made it clear from the start.

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

My god that sucks... now he'll never be able to recover mentally, feel really bad for him

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu fk

Banned

Derrick Rose will undergo surgery on Monday to repair the torn meniscus in his right knee in Chicago.

The team will have a better timetable for his return following the surgery.

Decent college freshman Mr. Incredible's Avatar

I'm really pissed.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

wow this is awful news.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by cos88
    Derrick Rose will undergo surgery on Monday to repair the torn meniscus in his right knee in Chicago.

The team will have a better timetable for his return following the surgery.
    Today IS Monday, he HAD the surgery, and he is out for the season.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Strong OP to source ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    Strong OP to source ratio.
    LATEST NEWS
    RECENT NEWS
    Derrick Rose will miss the rest of the 2013-14 season after having his torn medial meniscus repaired on Monday.
    Rose's decision to repair the meniscus, rather than remove it, should help prolong his career. Dwyane Wade had his meniscus removed, for instance, and he said earlier this month, "My knee problems and the things I've dealt with started from that. That was [11] years ago and technology was different and the way you approach things was different." For the duration of this season Chicago will ask Kirk Hinrich to play heavy minutes at PG, making him a likely source of fantasy value, with Marquis Teague serving as his primary backup. Nov 25 - 11:23 AM
    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/1476/derrick-rose

3-time NBA All-Star

ESPN says out for season, but 4-6 months. That would mean end of March to end of May. Technically that means he could come back for the playoffs. Obviously, given his track record, most would assume he'd just take the season off, but I don't know. Maybe not coming back last year, and taking almost a year and a half off and STILL getting hurt will make him think that taking that extra time off won't make a difference cause he could still get hurt regardless, and he would just be wasting another opportunity at playing basketball and competing for a title. If he shuts it down completely, this would make 3 postseasons in a row and championship opportunities he missed out on.

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    ESPN says out for season, but 4-6 months. That would mean end of March to end of May. Technically that means he could come back for the playoffs. Obviously, given his track record, most would assume he'd just take the season off, but I don't know. Maybe not coming back last year, and taking almost a year and a half off and STILL getting hurt will make him think that taking that extra time off won't make a difference cause he could still get hurt regardless, and he would just be wasting another opportunity at playing basketball and competing for a title. If he shuts it down completely, this would make 3 postseasons in a row and championship opportunities he missed out on.
    i dont even think its about championships at this point.. its about just playing the damn game

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    Muscle Memory.