Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

Default Re: Rockets and Tracy McGrady agree to try to part ways (Dec 28)

Quote Originally Posted by brantonli
    They did that to McGrady for the past 2 months, and just sent him home for 2 games. There's no reason why Morey must make a trade, if what he gets in return is garbage. Why should there only be 2 options, a buyout or trade? He could easily just sit on McGrady's contract and just let it expire. Hell, in the article, it made the point that the Jazz tried to trade Boozer as much as possible, but guess what, he's still with them.
    Your right. They can. And keep not playing TMac, who the fans love, who the rest of the NBA respects, and keep him held hostage for the rest of the year. You can do that.

Doesn't help you win games this year. Doesn't help your PR. Doesn't help the team with the constant distraction. Doesn't help you save money. And for all TMac has done for Houston, just not the right thing to do.....

Everyone's watching.....including all your potential 2010 free agent signees.

McGrady sitting at home, or Mcgrady sitting on the sidelines won't make a slight bit of difference to how well or badly the Rockets are going to do record-wise. I never thought for an instant that the Rockets handled McGrady the 'right' way, indeed I was hoping that they could do something similar to what Raja Bell and the Suns did, keep everything quiet, don't make a big public fuss, and just get the trade done.

Also, the Rockets have never had a glowing record with farewells with ageing superstars. Olajuwon and Pippen anybody? I'm not saying that's what they did 'morally' is the right thing for the Rockets to do, but as of now, pragmatically, with the options that are left to the organisations, sitting on McGrady's contract is the sensible thing to do (unless a good trade actually does come up).

And in fact keeping McGrady does save Alexander money, it saves him 80% of each game McGrady plays (insurance).
    Last edited by brantonli; 12-30-2009 at 12:51 AM.

And in fact keeping McGrady does save Alexander money, it saves him 80% of each game McGrady plays (insurance).
    Wrong. How can insurance pick up the tab for a player ready to play?

Welcome to the New Age Raj Da Dodge's Avatar

Man this is sooo gay...I'm really pissed off at Rick now...like this is the first mistake he's made since being here, I just wish he'd given him a chance...like he rededicated himself and worked hard this offseason and was ready to play and was back to normal and then the coaches don't want him to play? I mean come on..at least give him a chance...it was a stupid mistake by just not letting him play, I really wish they woulda let him play more, cuz now if he goes to another team, he's gonna avg. like 20 a game and make rick look stupid. I mean when we wanted him to play he was hurt, and now he's healthy we don't want him to play. Soo gay...

A pretty darn good analysis on whether McGrady will be traded or not.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...rady-situation

I seriously recommend anybody who's making trade proposals for T-mac (ahem bagelred) to read this article.
    great article thanks

I guarantee you TMac will not be held hostage for much longer. No chance. It can't happen. Not of someone of TMac's calibur especially.

Now, whether its a buyout or a trade, I'm not sure. But Morey said SPECIFICALLY he is not buying TMac out. That only leaves a trade.

I believe he will be traded within the next 3 weeks but time will tell.

Decent playground baller Pimpdaddy311991's Avatar

Phuck D!ck Adelmen hes a loser , heres an idea just let tmac play and let him expire duhhhhhh screw chemistry

^^ Whoa, what kind of post is that? Is that e-drunkness?

Saw a basketball once

Default Re: *Breaking NBA News- The Rockets And T-Mac Part Ways!*

Good luck! T-mac!Prove yourself!

NBA lottery pick

Apprantly the bulls are offering a packiage of Miller, Jerome James and either Tyrus thomas or Salmon. i Would'nt mind this trade according to clutchcity BBS.

Brooks
    Ariza
    Battier
    Scola
    Thomas

Lowry
    Budinger
    Landry
    Hayes
    Miller

Miller is a protype motion offense player. Grate passer, good off the ball mover and sold shooter. Tyrus Thomas just gives more rebounding and shot blocking. Jerome James is a expiere along with miller.

High School Varsity 6th Man ortonsaw's Avatar

what y'all think about this trade?
    Last edited by ortonsaw; 12-30-2009 at 01:00 PM.

Hustle Loyalty Respect Knicks101's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ortonsaw
    what y'all think about this trade?
    Replace Tyrus Thomas with James Johnson and I love it.

Da Mavs

Read a rumor that the Bulls are "open to acquiring" McGrady. They could just swap expirers or if the Rockets think Salmons is a good fit beyond 2010 for a year, Bulls wouldn't mind including him to get cap space. Salmons would instantly be better than Ariza/Battier for scoring purposes...Rockets still have many contracts coming off in 2011...hmmm

Welcome to the New Age Raj Da Dodge's Avatar

See this is what I been telling people...I don't like Salmons for some reason...I mean he might be better offensively than Ariza but we need Ariza and Shane for defensive purposes. I know that Salmons can't play as good D as Ariza and Shane can. So if it was Tyrus+Miller I wouldn't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    OK, this is a trade that works for everyone:

Rockets save $4 million in luxury tax money plus prorated portion of $4million in salaries rest of year. So that's probably over $6 million total savings. Get two very useful players with size for rest of year and for playoffs. Only Jeffries has salary past 2010.

Bulls lose Miller, but get two impact scorers that they desperately need without taking on any 2010 salary. Bulls are known to really covet Harrington. Getting two scorers without giving up any core pieces is a big win.

Knicks open cap space for 2010 with this move and at same time get a "franchise player" the rest of the season. Probably hurts Knicks win total this season, but dumping Jeffries very worth it.

C'mon now....this is a good trade.
    Why hasn't this happened yet? WELL!!!!!!!!