Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Keep it tight for me The-Legend-24's Avatar

Default Re: 06,09 Wade vs Kobe

Quote Originally Posted by ThaSwagg3r
    I find 06 Kobe very overrated. Maybe it is just me but I found Kobe's 08 and 09 season much more impressive than Kobe's 06 season. Sure Kobe scored a lot better in 06, but he did a lot of other things better in 08 and 09. I like versatility and the overall package in my players.

Dwyane Wade was the best player in the world after the 2005-2006 season.

I would have no problem with someone putting 09 Kobe over 06 Wade, but I do have a problem with someone putting 06 Kobe over 06 Wade.

Banned

Limited in what way? Because he couldn't shoot 3s? Awesome, it's too bad he still shot 50% while Kobe was shooting his typical 45%. I really don't know why people act like being good at shooting the 3 is a necessary feature.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2CyJdCq-zU

Kobe was better in 05-06 than he was in 08 and 09? Sure he was a better scorer, but that's pretty much it. It's not like Kobe couldn't score in 07-08 or 08-09 either, he just did other aspects of the game.

Let me ask you this, who is better? Kevin Durant or LeBron James, right now.

HAHAHA I love Geeks who always talks about shooting 50% Look here youngen.

Just like you said Kobe shoots his typical 45% and lets just say he shot 12/26 which is about 46% compare to 13/26 which is 50%.... SO you are crying about ONE fucccking shot out of entire game. Kobe miss ONE, Im talking ONE shot and you are sitting here winning about it.

06 Kobe avrg 35/5/4

With Kobes Athleticism at the time he could of EASILY grab 8 boards per game if he wanted to be like JKidd/LeBron but People who actually follow his game can tell you Kobe plays his role then care about stats.

As for assist With Mihm,Brown as ur Bigs not much he can do especially Kobe gets his assist from Playmaking drawing double teams on drives but with Weak Bigs who cant catch and finish of course it is gonna hurt his numbers. Triangle uselessly ends up with Hockey assist from the play maker as well.

06 There was no One stoping this Man. He was MJ esq for sure. UNSTOPPABLE and UNTOUCHABLE.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NugzHeat3
    I didn't say Wade was better than Kobe in 2006. I said I would take Kobe in 2006 and Wade in 2009.

Did that post hurt your feelings?
    U mad ?

Quote Originally Posted by ZaaaaaH
    HAHAHA I love Geeks who always talks about shooting 50% Look here youngen.

Just like you said Kobe shoots his typical 45% and lets just say he shot 12/26 which is about 46% compare to 13/26 which is 50%.... SO you are crying about ONE fucccking shot out of entire game. Kobe miss ONE, Im talking ONE shot and you are sitting here winning about it.
    To be fair, from an 82-game season perspective, the difference between 50 and 45% is about one shot; however, when watching the games on a nightly basis, it's never this black and white. When Wade was shooting 50%, he rarely had abysmal shooting nights and when he did, he could make up for them because of all the 50-60%+ games (check the box scores from '09 to see what I'm talking about). Kobe on the other hand is more inclined to have 30-40% shooting nights (which is more than missing just one shot); of course he has his share of efficient exhibitions, but it's not nearly the amount Wade has.

SAY NO TO RENT SEEKING

Don't forget to consider that Dwyane Wade is better defensively than Kobe Bryant.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    Kobe was a lot better in 05-06 than he was in 09. The difference was the cast and role he had to play. No one put Wade even in the conversation with Kobe in '06. It is revisionist history to pretend they were on the same level. Wade had a great series in the finals and people pretend he was better than he was for the entire season. Wade was a limited player in '06.

this is even before we put in there defensive capabilities.
    This.

lol @ 09 Kobe>06 Kobe. Not even close. 06 Kobe was better in every facet of the game. He just didn't have the same type of supporting cast. And boiling Kobe 06 to "just scoring" is just silly. 35/5/5/2/56% TS and one of the best players at taking care of the ball (9.0% TOV rate). And he made 1st Team Defense.

Very good NBA starter

Old enough to know there is more to the game than scoring. I watched Kobe in 2005-2006, sure it was amazing, but it is not like that was his best season ever.

7-time NBA All-Star

I would have no problem with someone putting 09 Kobe over 06 Wade, but I do have a problem with someone putting 06 Kobe over 06 Wade.
    I think it's just a case of extremely different situations. Wade was a better scorer and all around player in 2009 than he was in 2006, but he had a crappy cast, and like Kobe in 2006, he lost in the 1st round.

The difference between Kobe's situation in 2009 and 2006 is obvious. His second best player(by far) in 2006 was his 3rd best player in 2009 and a distant 3rd behind Kobe and Gasol. Luke Walton was much less of a factor due to them having a much better SF in front of him in Ariza and the '09 team also had a big frontcourt giving them an advantage over teams.

You expect them to be a hell of a lot better.

As far as 2006 Kobe vs 2006 Wade. It goes beyond just being a better scorer. 8 ppg is a massive difference and he was doing things that were almost unheard of. 35.4 ppg is the second highest scoring average since the 60's then there's 27 40 point games, outscoring the 60 win Western Conference Champion Mavs 62-61 in 3 quarters, 81 points in a game ect. His offensive game was lethal. He had the elevation on his jumper and range to make the toughest shots imaginable(and he had to quite often), the moves off the dribble, the mid-range game, athleticism....all of the ingredients to make him the most dangerous streak scorer I've ever seen. Just being able to deal with all of that defensive attention and have the stamina to attempt 27 shots per game and play 41 mpg while scoring at that volume efficiently is historic. 45% shooting is good for a high scoring perimeter player, but especially one who makes that many 3s and shoots that well at the line, and that's reflected in his 56 TS%.

And he was definitely more than just a scorer, Kobe has always been a very good passer and given his offensive load, his defense was impressive in 2006. He still locked down some very good scorers at times.

Wade was great in the ECF and Finals, but when there's an 82 game season where Kobe was better by a clear margin, I don't think it's that tough of a choice to make because it's not like Kobe choked in the playoffs.
    Last edited by ShaqAttack3234; 07-15-2011 at 08:09 PM.

Wade has never been better than kobe, stop it slime

In 2006 Kobe had a crappy supporting cast, but a more impressive individual season. But Wade won the title.

In 2009 Wade had a crappy supporting cast, but a more impressive individual season. Kobe won the title.

Of course a player will carry more of the load with a crappier team, that's expected. Even though they both lost in 7 games in the first round, those were the 2 seasons where both players arguably deserved MVP over their peers, Kobe over Nash and Wade over LeBron.

But overall if you ask me to pick 06 Kobe or 09 Wade, I'll pick Kobe because his season was more historical. Kobe was a lot better than everyone gives him credit for. Like Shaqattack said, playing 40+MPG while being the primary focus of other teams and able to get off 27 shots a game is impressive. Many years later, when you look back into these 2 seasons, whose season stands out more?

wellll I missed alot =p

Very good NBA starter

The whole "you have to take 09 Wade over 09 Kobe if you take 06 Kobe over 06 Wade" doesn't make sense. The context isn't the same. 09 Kobe was on a 65-team in the West. 09 Wade only won 42 in the weak East. That's a far, far bigger gap than the 7 game difference between them in 2006.

Anyone who watched 09 Kobe knew that he was coasting and that he was more than capable of completely turning it up a level if needed. You never really got that same sense from 06 Wade. The Heat certainly could have used it. Again, they only won 52 games in the East (only 7 more wins with a far better supporting cast)
    Last edited by Jacks3; 07-15-2011 at 09:45 PM.

Local High School Star

Kobe was a beast in 06 no wade yrs can compare... with that being said i think its stupid to say kobes season yr in 09 was better then wades in 09... im not sure if we are talkin about the stats or the players... if its the stats then wade was better then kobe that yr and its not close but if were talkin about who was the better player then its kobe because kobe not only won the title but completely turned it on in the playoffs

1st round exits
    06 Kobe>>> 09 Wade

Championship run
    09 Kobe>>> 06 Wade

Swag!

It takes a lot more than 1 great season to surpass a legend!