Page 47 of 73 FirstFirst ... 374445464748495057 ... LastLast

Default Re: Grand Theft Auto V discussion

Quote Originally Posted by macmac
    What a graphic snob. I have a benchmark PC with bioshock infinite, far cry 3, crysis, metro, etc playing on it. And i still thoroughly enjoy GTA V and would consider it a beautiful game, definitely not "horrible". It's one of the prettiest games ever, on any system.
    it will be... on pc. still haven't played it again since that little time i had with it. will get back to it tomorrow

If you use Trevor hit right on the D pad and he will insult people. I was waiting at the docks for my boat I purchased and he starts going in on this fat chick. Comedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    Do you have to know a lot about the stock market to use it in GTA? Listening to some of you really confuses me and I still don't get why you'd do the assassination missions last. Sorry for all the questions :P
    You get a lot of money at the end. Cant say how much given it depends on how you go about that last mission. Its easier to build up money using millions as opposed to thousands or even hundred thousands follow? So using your lump sum amount of money and putting it into the stock when you do the assassin mission gives u a huge payout. Rinse and repeat each assassin mission.

I did all the assassin missions and had little money to work with because Franklin was broke. And it wasnt until halfway into doing these missions I realized to do the stock thing. I didnt make any money so when I heard people explain how they went about it? I was sad face. Doesnt really matter. I just wont be able to purchase the golf course. I have everything else.

Banned

Thanks, but what do you put your stock in to each assassination mission?

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    Thanks, but what do you put your stock in to each assassination mission?
    Mission Stock Suggestion
    Hotel Assassination Betta Pharmaceuticals
    The Redwood Cigarette Assassination Debonaire Cigarettes
    The Vice Assassination Fruit
    The Bus Assassination Vapid - buy afterwards
    The Construction Assassination Gold Coast
    The Big Score Gold Coast
    This is apparently what you invest in to make the most money off the stock market. I only invested $1m in gold coast after the construction one and I made $1m profit.

I should have saved all the missions till the end and invested every cent I had.

I'm on my 2nd play through now and completed the first heist. This is my 2nd time picking a low level gunman. Both times the dude hits a wall while trying to enter the tunnels on a motorcycle and drops the cash. I picked it up both times. F*cking stupid. I feel like that is something that is going to happen permanently with a bad shooter on the first heist. It happened to my bro-in-law, too. I don't understand how I'm supposed to build up these shooters' skills if I can't have a low level one stay with me throughout every heist.

I should've just stuck it out with Packie.

I picked a low level gunman in my first heist too, figured it as a good thing though once I realized you still get the money he dropped.

Hire shyt get shyt.

I'm at 97% completion.

Home of the 16

You guys got Taliana Hernandez or whatever her name is, as a driver? That girl is maxed out & only gets 5% from heist missions.

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    You guys got Taliana Hernandez or whatever her name is, as a driver? That girl is maxed out & only gets 5% from heist missions.
    Yup I used her, Packie and some cheap gunner. Cant think of his name.

Home of the 16

I killed Packie. Didn't know it was him.

I loved how during the Blaine County bank heist, Packie discussed the GTA IV mission Three Leaf Clover, where him, his brother, a friend and Niko all robbed the Bank of Liberty. And then Michael says, "Oh, yeah! I heard about that!"
    Packie then mentioned that everyone involved died, except for him. That means Niko is dead, too.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Stayed in to beat this shit. What ending did everyone go with? Kind of ending spoiler underneath.

[color=white]At first I didn't like Trevor's character. But as the story continued, I realized it wasn't so much him as it was his retarded country friends and they eventually fade in the past.

Michael I actually liked at first. The whole retired mob type of thing was interesting enough. Then as his story went on, I grew endlessly tired of his entire family and his bitching about it.

Never had a problem with Franklin or the characters surrounding him. Only gripe was his dialogue with Lamar and the other guy got old quickly. My ***** this, my ***** that. Made me want to skip the scenes.

I realized it wasn't the characters, it was their support groups that bugged the shit out of me, so I went with the bailout keep all 3 alive option. I forgot what it's called. Suicide mission, was it?[/color]

My favorite mission was either that Blaine County bank heist or the one that was like playing in an episode of Rescue Me ([color=white]the one you plant bombs in the FIB building, then go in as fire fighters to steal something[/color]). The latter was beautifully done. Easily the best looking non-cinematic part of the entire game, imo.

Detailed on what to do for the assassination missions:

Quote Originally Posted by Scrop84 - gtaforums
    The step by step guide below gives out detail on how to get up to 1.5 billion from these missions by playing the stock market.

Few Important Things to Note:

DO NOT DO ANY OF LESTER'S ASSASSINATION MISSIONS AFTER THE FIRST ONE!
    These steps are very time sensitive so don't waste too much time between missions or you might miss an investment window.
    Be sure make use of multiple save files and make sure to save before each investment or each assassination mission because the timing on some of this can be a bit tricky and confusing.
    For a condensed TL;DR version scroll down to the very bottom.

STEP 1:

Lester Assassination Mission #1 - Hotel Assasination

This will come naturally being that you cannot progress through the rest of the story without having to do the first one. Invest in [BET] BettaPharmaceuticals (BAWSAQ) with each character before starting the mission with Franklin. You won't have much money to invest so the take won't be that big. Im not exactly sure what the max return percentage is on the investment because at the time I did the mission I wasnt that familiar with how the stock market works. If i remember correctly though it caps out at around 80% profit at least.

STEP 2:

DO NOT DO ANYMORE OF LESTER'S ASSASSINATION MISSIONS:

There are probably other ways of manipulating the stock market and making vast amounts of cash without these missions but if you do them early on you will miss out on being able to invest your take from the final heist on his stock tips and thus not be able to make vast amounts of money as quickly.

STEP 3:

Finish all the main story missions besides Lester's assassination missions.

Once you finish the last story mission you get the money you made from the last heist you did at which point you can get on the road towards being a billionaire.

STEP 4:

Lester Assassination Mission #2 - The Multi Target Assassination

BEFORE accepting the mission invest all the money you have with each character in the stock [DEB] Debonaire (LCN). Immediately after this mission is completed the stock price will start to rise. It will take around 8 in game hours to reach its peak at 80% return percentage at which point you can sell all your stock with each character. If you wait too long to sell then the return will be significantly lower so keep an eye on the stock and wait for it to reach its peak and make sure to sell before the next trading day which begins every weekday at 8am in game time.

Here are my numbers to show you what I made with Michael: $32, 081,246 invested. $58,714,376 return.

STEP 4.5

Invest in Redwood

This is the most important step and the step most people are not aware of. Even though you are meant to hurt this company with the last assassination mission they come out on top in the end. Invest all your money with each character in [RWC] Redwood (LCN). With any of your characters advance the in game clock by 48 hours past the last trading day which started at 8am by going the the save screen at any of safe houses and then backing out immediately. Each time you back out from a save the clock advances 6 hours. If you wait 2 days and land on a weekend you have to wait additional days to get to the next week as stock prices do not move on weekends. Once you get to start of the second trading day Redwood's stock will be up by a whopping 300% instantly at which point you sell.

Here is what I made with Michael: $58,714,376 invested. $234,839,456 return.

STEP 5

Lester Assassination Mission #3 - The Vice Assassination

BEFORE starting the mission invest all your money with each character in [FRT] Fruit (BAWSAQ) and then complete the mission. You will net a max of 50% return from this stock at which point sell it on all your characters.

Here is what I made with Michael: $234,839,456 invested. $353,735,360 return.

STEP 6:

Lester Assassination Mission #4 - The Bus Assassination

Complete the mission as you would do normally. AFTER completion invest all your money with each character in [VAP] Vapid (BAWSAQ). Advance the in game clock 2 days and at the start of the second trading day the stock will be up 100% instantly and will not peak any further at which point you sell.

Here is what I made with Michael: $353,735,360 invested. $707,470,720 return

STEP: 7

Lester Assassination Mission # 7 -The Construction Assassination

BEFORE starting the mission invest all your money with each character in [GCD] GoldCoast (LCN) and then complete the mission. You will net a max of 80% return from this stock at which point sell it on all your characters.

Here is what I made with Michael: $707,470,720 invested. $1,282,880,384 return.

Ramez05 also shared a Condensed Version of his above guide:

STEP 1

BEFORE the second assassination mission invest in [DEB] Debonaire (LCN). Sell at 80% return.

STEP 2

Invest in [RWC] Redwood (LCN). Advance in game clock 2 days. Sell at 300% return.

STEP 3

BEFORE the third assassination mission invest in [FRT] Fruit (BAWSAQ). Sell at 50% return.

STEP 4

AFTER the fourth assassination mission invest in [VAP] Vapid (BAWSAQ). Advance in game clock 2 days. Sell at 100% return.

STEP 5

BEFORE the fifth assassination mission invest in [GCD] GoldCoast (LCN). Sell at 80% return.
    Haven't tested it yet. Will probably do it tomorrow if any time slot for college football stinks. I also still have three undone missions.
    Last edited by JimmyMcAdocious; 09-28-2013 at 03:07 AM.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

So the only time I've spoken to Lester was to set up the initial jewel heist mission, and to blow the lifeinvader guy's head off. He just called Franklyn and set up a meeting that I haven't gone to yet.

You guys are saying I should not go see him anymore until I've done everything else so I can load up on money and dump it into the stock market after his missions?

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    So the only time I've spoken to Lester was to set up the initial jewel heist mission, and to blow the lifeinvader guy's head off. He just called Franklyn and set up a meeting that I haven't gone to yet.

You guys are saying I should not go see him anymore until I've done everything else so I can load up on money and dump it into the stock market after his missions?
    Yes.

But only if it's extremely important to you that you have every property in the game and you must 100% the game to feel satisfied.