Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

Default Re: Nuggets trade Allen Iverson to Pistons for Chauncey Billups, McDyess

I think the 6ers might be the Pistons hardest potential playoff matchplay. Detroit can't rebound against dalembert and brand, and now the guards are too big for us.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Default Re: Report: Nuggets may trade Allen Iverson to Pistons for Chauncey Billups, McDyess

[QUOTE=Sonic R]411:
    I have a source that says

Default Re: Nuggets trade Allen Iverson to Pistons for Chauncey Billups, McDyess

[QUOTE=Sonic R]LOL

Well, McDyess doesn't want to be in Denver.

This is a possible snag in the deal.

McDyess says he may retire now

Default Re: Report: Nuggets may trade Allen Iverson to Pistons for Chauncey Billups, McDyess

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    that makes no sense. He would be their best reserve big by a long shot.
    it sounds to me like he wanted to play in Detroit or not play at all. Which would force the nugs to waive him.

LMAO at McDyess, you can't blame the guy for not wanting to play in Denver

I'm sure Stern doesn't look kindly on trading and waiving players just to satisfy trade-rule demands. Seemed like he slowed down Diop from getting waived, even though he still returned to Dallas.

Default Re: Fall Out From The AI/Billups Trade:The All Star Game

Quote Originally Posted by Looten Plunder
    Do fringe All Stars in the West benefit from the removal of AI from the ballots?

Is AI still popular enough to start in the East?

Will coaches punish AI for his bad rep and keep him out of the game?
    I think he's gonna start along with Wade in the backcourt. Maybe Arenas can take his starting place though.

Wait, don't they have rules about waiving a guy so he can sign with his old team. Dice better not open his mouth like Stackhouse did last year. Or else he's gonna have to as he says, retire, or go get waived (Damnit, why can't we say he was fired?) and sign with another team.

Quote Originally Posted by nugsfreak
    sounds like they're going to waive him. which sucks but hey the nugs definitely improved if you ask me,
    Have you heard that anywhere else or just relying on posters here? I'm just popping in from class and see this trade. If Dyess goes to Denver, the Nuggets team this year will be much better than the team they had at the end of last year. I understand not winning to move but this can be a really good team.

Billups | JR | Melo | Kenyon or Dyess |Nene will win 50+ games. Don't ruin this Dyess.

Quote Originally Posted by JPR
    Orlando?! The Magic...LOL. what a bunch of scared babies. that team is 100% fugazy. i've never seen a team get so scared at the start of the postseason. they totally flopped in the playoffs. i wouldn't read anything into defeating that team. they're too young to be considered a serious threat.
    Oh?....and the top teams in the East are?....got a list?

Note: please don't include wanna.be teams.....I like a little proof (has a little more substance)

Why wouldn't he want to play in Denver anyway? He's been on the team twice before, he signed a contract with them 8-9 years ago even though he had offers from Phoenix and Houston.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
    Have you heard that anywhere else or just relying on posters here? I'm just popping in from class and see this trade. If Dyess goes to Denver, the Nuggets team this year will be much better than the team they had at the end of last year. I understand not winning to move but this can be a really good team.

Billups | JR | Melo | Kenyon or Dyess |Nene will win 50+ games. Don't ruin this Dyess.
    Stephen A. Smith said they will waive him.

Denver plans to buy out McDyess's contract so it appears he won't actually play for the Nuggets
    denverpost
    http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_10887199 (at the bottom)

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

the nba.com page says this.

There is one sticking point to the deal, though. McDyess does not want to go to Denver, and a source close to him says "he will not put on a Nuggets uniform" and may opt to retire.

Because of McDyess's objection, the Nuggets may waive the mandatory physical each player in a trade must take in order for the league to approve any deal. McDyess may be seeking a buyout of the remainder of his contract (two years, $13.6 million).

The deal has not been finalized but the teams are holding a conference call with the league. http://www.nba.com/2008/news/11/03/n....ap/index.html
    thatd be awesome if all we lsot was billups for ai. ill take that.

Quote Originally Posted by flintstone
    Oh?....and the top teams in the East are?....got a list?

Note: please don't include wanna.be teams.....I like a little proof (has a little more substance)
    Celtics and Cavs/end discussion

then Sixers and Raptors.

then who knows...magic are there, so are the pistons (right around #6).